Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Hartford? The Whaler? An opportunity like that comes along once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
Its actually the "Whale", but good Ol'Mallrats.....classic B movie. One of the more under rated Kevin Smith films...lol

"He likes to have sex in uncomfortable places......like where? In the back of a Volkswagon?"....lol.classic :)
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
You keep thinking that, its not even debatable to who is the better NFL QB. I guess though there will always be those people that bought into the whole Michael Vick experience. I guess your the same ones that didn't have a problem with him shooting dogs in the head with a pistol or the same ones who don't get offended that he drowned animals in a barrell of water. But hey, I guess he is better than Palmer in all aspects of life.

No offense, but you might want to give up argueing for a runner that played QB and a person that is lower than life itself. At least Palmer is a person of integrity, at least Palmer doesn't have to make excuses after 5 years of why he can't progress, at least Palmer goes into every game with the entire weight of a city on his back and never, not once made excuses or got mad at the fans for being upset. At least Palmer has respect for the game, his team mates, coaching staff and most importantly himself. But I guess you didn't know that because you bought a pair of sneakers and thought that a bunch of cool Nike commercials made a man and a player. But whatever kid, keep making yourself look immature and pointless.
Dude, I know you like Carson, but try not to take things so personally.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Dude, I know you like Carson, but try not to take things so personally.
Bro, there is no comparison. It's not about being a Carson homer, but it's about giving respect to people who carry themselves with respect. Why would I rep Michael Vick? What has he done to gain mine or anyones respect? Play in a couple of playoff games, make some fancy commercials have his own shoe? I'm sorry but his off the field problems directly effect my opinion of him and for that I have no respect for the man. I don't care what he did or how talented he was, it was all for nothing in my view. And the more people rep him and cheer for him the lesser I think of them for actually overlooking his actions. He is a scum bag, a pure and utter scum bag that deserved much more than he got. Maybe someone should waterboard him and see how it feels to be drowning.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bro, there is no comparison. It's not about being a Carson homer, but it's about giving respect to people who carry themselves with respect. Why would I rep Michael Vick? What has he done to gain mine or anyones respect? Play in a couple of playoff games, make some fancy commercials have his own shoe? I'm sorry but his off the field problems directly effect my opinion of him and for that I have no respect for the man. I don't care what he did or how talented he was, it was all for nothing in my view. And the more people rep him and cheer for him the lesser I think of them for actually overlooking his actions. He is a scum bag, a pure and utter scum bag that deserved much more than he got. Maybe someone should waterboard him and see how it feels to be drowning.
What makes him any more of a scum bag than Brett Favre? They both kill animals for entertainment.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
I am the beast

Quote:
Nice bro-logic.

Don't impose YOUR morals on others. Personally, I could care less that Vick killed some dogs, just like I don't care that the meat I eat everyday is slaughtered in an inhumane manner.

Vick is a great player and he's already left a lasting legacy on the league. Call him a scumbag all you want but it doesn't change the fact that he was special with a football in his hand.

Of course, you're the type who (like yourfavestoner said) probably thinks Brett Favre is a stand-up human being despite being an animal-murderer and drug-abuser. But hey, he's white and fits more neatly into your web of social stigmas so I can hardly be surprised.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the beast View Post
Nice bro-logic.

Don't impose YOUR morals on others. Personally, I could care less that Vick killed some dogs, just like I don't care that the meat I eat everyday is slaughtered in an inhumane manner.

Vick is a great player and he's already left a lasting legacy on the league. Call him a scumbag all you want but it doesn't change the fact that he was special with a football in his hand.

Of course, you're the type who (like yourfavestoner said) probably thinks Brett Favre is a stand-up human being despite being an animal-murderer and drug-abuser. But hey, he's white and fits more neatly into your web of social stigmas so I can hardly be surprised.
Nice job of not imposing your morals on anybody...

Last edited by Twiddler : 10-16-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHoooooo Vick will be back. I think the UFL could be used for those UDF who want to make a name. Its all the same rules, and I think it will be less stupid unlike XFL which i did watch. UFL could be used like a NFLE, way for teams to scout UDFA players without going to far.

You might be able to find a hand full of players ever year. But hey it helps increase the chances of those guys who are trying to into the NFL.

I just wonder how they are planning on broadcasting it. And also will UFL have X-NFL convict team. Consisting of Pack, Odell, Vick, Maruice-he is in jail though, plenty of other guys.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the beast View Post
Nice bro-logic.

Hunting is much diffrent than executing innocent dogs. Your logic make no sense and that to compare hunting to killing fighting dogs is insane.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Is this the one where Tim Couch was drafted in the first?
Wasnt it Chris leak?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
I am the beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Hunting is much diffrent than executing innocent dogs. Your logic make no sense and that to compare hunting to killing fighting dogs is insane.
According to your morals it is insane. Some people think killing an insect is a big deal. Others don't. Some people think sawing a cow's head off while it's alive is a big deal. Other's don't. Some people think stuffing thousands of chicken into a tiny room and pumping them full of steroids is a big deal. Other's don't.

The point is that just because YOU don't think something is "right" doesn't mean everybody else feels that way. Why are dogs innocent but livestock is fair game? It's all perception. It just happens that Vick did something that goes against what many people have been socially-conditioned to believe is right.

Why should that change what he did on the football field?

Last edited by I am the beast : 10-16-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that league could actually be pretty fun to watch. nfl europe without the nfl oversight and located in the US. i'd watch college guys and nfl scrubs try to tackle vick.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its actually the "Whale", but good Ol'Mallrats.....classic B movie. One of the more under rated Kevin Smith films...lol

"He likes to have sex in uncomfortable places......like where? In the back of a Volkswagon?"....lol.classic :)
Shh.. I knew it was the whale. I tried to stretch it a little bit so someone might get it.

That running gag was A+.

That girl is SIXTEEN.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I know you are a Packers fan, but come on. I guess that animal Favre killed and hung up in his teammates locker to get some chuckles was a guilty animal.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does everybody remember when every Mike Vick thread would get locked? I guess history tends to repeat itself.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How, exactly, is it any different?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Because laws say so. Too bad.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to the AAFL?

That was the league I was thinking of. Bryan Randall, Crouch, Akili Smith all drafted into it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 10-16-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
What happened to the AAFL?
Still around. I think.

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/

Postponed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Ame...ootball_League
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When I go hunt, I don't just shoot a deer or an Elk just to kill it or because I felt like it. I Shoot it to eat it, I get use out of it. Vick killed those dogs because they were bad fighters, he got no use out of them and he could have put those dogs up for adoption insted of killing them. Plus fighting dogs is illegal as well animal creulty i.e killing them for no reason.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

postponed again to 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Ame...ootball_League

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-16-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
I am the beast

Quote:
When I go hunt, I don't just shoot a deer or an Elk just to kill it or because I felt like it. I Shoot it to eat it, I get use out of it. Vick killed those dogs because they were bad fighters, he got no use out of them and he could have put those dogs up for adoption insted of killing them. Plus fighting dogs is illegal as well animal creulty i.e killing them for no reason.
You shoot it to eat it. Could you not just become a vegetarian? Yes, you could. So basically you eat meat because you like to. It's entertainment.

Why does Vick kill dogs? Entertainment.

If you eat meat, you have blood on your hands, period. Also, most of the time that meat is acquires using factory farming techniques which are about as cruel as you can be to an animal.

But hey, social-conditioning won't allow you to see the logic in this so I don't know why I'm bothering.
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's please get back on topic.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats going to be better AFL or UFL
Old 10-16-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Let's please get back on topic.
Drop the Hammer on them.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

ufl if they get vick. they'd be able to market better and get more money and better stuff. atleast with cuban's team. it's chris leak vs mike vick.

Prowler's Newb Guide