Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Completion percentage doesn't mean jack? That must be why the Titans are rushing to get Vince Young back in the lineup. Oh wait they aren't.
Has nothing to do with completion percentage and everything to do with the fact that the guy can't throw more TDs than INTs to save his life. Which further proves my point.

Same reason why Vikings made the switch.

Kerry Collins and Gus Frerotte are managing the game. Another way of saying not losing the game by hurting the team with silly turnovers. Letting the defense win the game.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
Has nothing to do with completion percentage and everything to do with the fact that the guy can't throw more TDs than INTs to save his life. Which further proves my point.

Same reason why Vikings made the switch.

Kerry Collins and Gus Frerotte are managing the game. Another way of saying not losing the game by hurting the team with silly turnovers. Letting the defense win the game.
Kerry Collins is getting his Trent Dilfer on.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wonder what shape Vick is in. I heard he was benching over 400 in prison.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I really wonder what shape Vick is in. I heard he was benching over 400 in prison.
Coincidentally I heard that's how much his cellmate weighs
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone knows that animals you hunt don't have feelings but dogs do... huntings just a nice friendly sport but dogfighting theres animals actually getting hurt and dying

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL shows you how overrated that stat is. Tim Couch had a career rating of 75.1.

Joey Harrington had a rating of 77.2 last year. Boy was he a more effective QB than Vick for the Falcons last year.

Even better Chris Redman had a rating of 90.4 last year. Man he must be 5x better than Vick.

BTW, completion percentage is tied heavily to that formula. And that stat is just as overrated because it doesn't take into account drops, throw aways, circus catches, and when you got a QB like Vick who doesn't throw the dumpoffs that boost that stat but instead runs for the yardage himself.

Completion percentage doesn't do jack. It's about total yardage and TDs that move the chains and put points on the board. Vick was top 10 in the league in both. That's why he was also top 10 in win percentage.

Stop stealing my four year old talking points!

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
everyone knows that animals you hunt don't have feelings but dogs do... huntings just a nice friendly sport but dogfighting theres animals actually getting hurt and dying
I love the argument that hunting is more moral because the animal at least has a chance to survive.

First of all, most dogs that fight don't die.

Second of all, what type of ridiculous argument is that?

If Im a serial sniper, do I get a pass by the law because the people I went after at least had a chance to survive unlike people I captured and tortured?

Or if I kill a mass amount of people with one single shots instead of torturing them to death, can I get a pass?

But seriously, I don't want to turn this thread into that argument because it goes on forever.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love the argument that hunting is more moral because the animal at least has a chance to survive.

First of all, most dogs that fight don't die.

Second of all, what type of ridiculous argument is that?

If Im a serial sniper, do I get a pass by the law because the people I went after at least had a chance to survive unlike people I captured and tortured?
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Lol yeah I know. It was pretty funny too. It just humors me that there are people who think like that. THey don't state that but it's behind their logic