Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-02-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jake the Snake

Woody just said on Around the Horn that he thinks Jake might go to the Raiders (as opposed to the Bucs or retirement) so he can play Denver twice a year. What are your guys thoughts on Jake, considering that we are going to need to bring in a veteran QB? Compared to the other vets available, Jake is near the top of the list. He's a wily veteran

Last edited by locseti : 03-02-2007 at 04:22 PM.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's talking out of his ass, as usual.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes on the bucs why would we trade for him right after he just got traded?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That trade didn't go through because Jake is considering retirement. The fact remains that we are going to have to sign a veteran QB, regardless of who we draft. Who do you see us going after?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he goes anywhere it's going to be Houston after he retires (a ****** move, yes, but it has happened before).

He was god-awful last year.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Garcia please.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

no thank you

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see this didn't happen.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

POSTED 3:36 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007

BUCS TO SHIP PLUMMER TO RAIDERS?

There's speculation in league circles that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will eventually trade quarterback Jake Plummer to the Oakland Raiders.

The thinking is that the Raiders are interested in acquiring Plummer as a short-term starter while expected No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell gets ready to play, but that there's no way that the Raiders and Broncos ever could have done business together.

Enter the Bucs, who could end up being the straw man for a deal that puts Plummer in silver and black.

Stay tuned.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Plummer disgusts me.Id trade for Simms though.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Plummer disgusts you?? and you'd rather have Simms as our "veteran presence?" Man, you're being a little too hard on Plummer. Saying he's terrible is going too far.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Plummer disgusts you?? and you'd rather have Simms as our "veteran presence?" Man, you're being a little too hard on Plummer. Saying he's terrible is going too far.
Like hell it is. He was benched in the middle of a playoff run for a rookie by a coach who desires to win now above all else.

He was simply terrible last year.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

He was winning when he was benched, making the move to Cutler cost them a playoff spot. And one bad year doesent make a player 'terrible'...Garcia was 'terrible' in Cleveland.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Kyle Orton was benched to when he was winning.
who was the last QB to do well in Cleveland?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Come on, are you comparing Orton to Plummer? Garcia stunk it up with Detroit too. Are you going to ask me the last time a QB succeeded in Detroit?

With our Defense, a game manager that can occasionally make a big play and limit mistakes could really be a blessing - we could of won at least four more games last year if we had a QB that could do that. Now, Plummer was able to limit his mistakes in Denver until this last year, but even when he was making mistakes, he was finding ways to win ballgames - something Cutler couldn't do.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Id take Cutler over Plummer anyday of the week.
I wonder if you actually watched any of the games Garcia played in while he was in Detroit.Garcia would've been a better game manager than Plummer would have.
Id have to say the Bucs also think so seeing how the rumor is, is that its Plummer on the trade block and not Garcia.

Last edited by doingthisinsteadofwork : 03-03-2007 at 07:48 PM.
doingthisinsteadofwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

I remember watching a few games while Garcia was in Detroit, what's your point? Hey, I have mad respect for Garcia and think he is a helluva football player, but he's not coming to Oakland.

Of course you would take Cutler over Plummer, but in that situation it was the wrong move. And btw, garcia is a better fit in Grudens offense, not necessarily a better QB. I think the two are pretty comparable.