Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 10-23-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Biggest Need?

What does everyone feel is our Panthers biggest need based on what we've seen so far this season?
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It all depends on who leaves out of Gamble Gross or Peppers. I think Peppers is almost guaranteed to come back, we are going to pay him. Then it is between OT and Corner of whoever we don't sign, I think we can keep 2 out of three.

We will be need a corner regardless, but if Gamble leaves it elevates the need. Lucas is getting older and I don't really want him starting too much longer.

Depth at DT could also help.

Or, if the team feels Moore isn't the answer a QB will be chosen in round three.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be more than happy to welcome Gamble in Atlanta :)!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
I'd be more than happy to welcome Gamble in Atlanta :)!!!
I'm sure you would. haha

I don't think Gamble is going to get away.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like to find a way to re-sign all 3 but that's very doubtful.

I think the FO almost has to look at a QB this year. I'm not sold on Matt Moore at all, nothing he did last year impressed me and he looked even worse this pre-season. Jake seems to be back fine from the surgery, but it's hard to ignore he's only a few months away from turning 34.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a OG drafted at some point, as well as a DT.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DLine and CB is what I'd look at. I'm not a fan of taking a QB in the 2nd-3rd rounds because, for the most part, those are guys who've gotten enough exposure in college for the NFL to know that theyre just not good enough. I really think Lucas' stay here is coming to and end. If not after this season, then next. If you slot Marshall up to #2...you still need a nickel, so yea. Our DLine has been adequate this year and Charles Johnson has shown flashes but it'd really be nice to find another fixture there, at either DT or DE

I think our depth on the OL has proven pretty solid this year. I wouldnt be ecstatic about it but I could deal if we go into next season without Gross and with one of the backups at a tackle. Not sure having a 2nd year RT and rookie LT is a winning formula anyway

Really this is the biggest reason why I thought drafting a first round RB was a waste. It just wasnt necessary when we had other holes to fill. Hasn't hurt this year, but it might next. Guess that's the price you pay when the coach has a "win or die" mandate
Old 11-11-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
DLine and CB is what I'd look at. I'm not a fan of taking a QB in the 2nd-3rd rounds because, for the most part, those are guys who've gotten enough exposure in college for the NFL to know that theyre just not good enough. I really think Lucas' stay here is coming to and end. If not after this season, then next. If you slot Marshall up to #2...you still need a nickel, so yea. Our DLine has been adequate this year and Charles Johnson has shown flashes but it'd really be nice to find another fixture there, at either DT or DE

I think our depth on the OL has proven pretty solid this year. I wouldnt be ecstatic about it but I could deal if we go into next season without Gross and with one of the backups at a tackle. Not sure having a 2nd year RT and rookie LT is a winning formula anyway

Really this is the biggest reason why I thought drafting a first round RB was a waste. It just wasnt necessary when we had other holes to fill. Hasn't hurt this year, but it might next. Guess that's the price you pay when the coach has a "win or die" mandate
I think Stewart will pay off big time soon enough, especially if we move to another QB who has less starting experience.

I think these last few weeks have really made me believe that Gamble is a much better player than Gross. Gross is good, but Gamble has been a very good player this year, he has had a different tenacity than years past.

We should draft CB, DT, and OT I think.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

FirstAndGoal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

gamble might be better than gross, but there would be a bigger gap at tackle if gross left than at cb if gamble left. marshall can start and be a good starter, so all we would need would be a nickle. but if gross left, i wouldnt really be comfortable with any of our current backups becoming full-time starters.

Sig by DLS42
FirstAndGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAndGoal View Post
gamble might be better than gross, but there would be a bigger gap at tackle if gross left than at cb if gamble left. marshall can start and be a good starter, so all we would need would be a nickle. but if gross left, i wouldnt really be comfortable with any of our current backups becoming full-time starters.
You sure about that? Lucas is declining pretty fast in my opinion, and we didn't falter much without Gross.

Gross' impact is over rated in my opinion.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

FirstAndGoal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i take back what i said. you're right, i saw today that lucas is definitely declining. it seemed like every pass play he got beat. i'm hoping he can step it up the rest of this season. but the original discussion is now irrelevant now that we have re-signed gamble. i like the move, especially after lucas' day today.

Sig by DLS42
FirstAndGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
TheGM
Rookie

TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.

Another pass rusher to play opposite Peppers would be awesome. Pressure on the QB is a plus for a running team. Too bad we will have the 32nd pick in the draft this year.
TheGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I think that this game was an obvious showing of his decline, but also I do not believe he is really that bad. He had a terrible game, and I think he is declining, but I still view him as a solid player. Marshall will meed to step up soon.

I don't think I posted the article here, but CJ Wilson is making noise, the team and the players like what they see. He could possibly be seeing a lot of play time next year.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
jdb1972
Rookie

jdb1972 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DT - Lack of size and push isn't helping any late in the season. Lewis and Kemo are role players who make a great DT between them, but we really miss Jenkins this year. Won't be shocked to see two of the first three picks go to this position.

WR - I actually doubt they go here without a #1, since they have quantity and need quality.

OT - Even if Gross returns, Bridges is likely on his way out, making a backup tackle a likely pick.

CB - Lucas probably won't be back, and Marshall is a UFA in 2010. If the right player falls here, who knows?

OG - Hantgardner is a UFA after this season. Could be a depth pickup here if he's not brought back.

S - Have quantity already here, but since safety quality is usually available later than most positions, could be a target.
jdb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb1972 View Post
DT - Lack of size and push isn't helping any late in the season. Lewis and Kemo are role players who make a great DT between them, but we really miss Jenkins this year. Won't be shocked to see two of the first three picks go to this position.

WR - I actually doubt they go here without a #1, since they have quantity and need quality.

OT - Even if Gross returns, Bridges is likely on his way out, making a backup tackle a likely pick.

CB - Lucas probably won't be back, and Marshall is a UFA in 2010. If the right player falls here, who knows?

OG - Hantgardner is a UFA after this season. Could be a depth pickup here if he's not brought back.

S - Have quantity already here, but since safety quality is usually available later than most positions, could be a target.
Lucas will stay for another year, I doubt he loses his job until at least mid season next year.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after tonight it looks like Carolina needs a QB with their first pick in the draft(second round)
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't argue with that but who the hell are we going to take? This offense requires a guy who can throw the ball deep and not **** things up. Anyone who's going to be available at pick 60 is going to be there because their arm is weak or theyre undersized or theyre an idiot with the ball (a la Delhomme)

Though honestly, this game wouldve gone better if we had Pat White at QB and just ran it every down...so eh
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

theirs an idea just run the wild cat...works for the Dolphins but we still need someone who can maybe become a future starter like Chase Daniel or something and maybe sign someone to start next year or something...also Pat White is avaiable this year -_-'

Last edited by dj825 : 01-10-2009 at 10:22 PM.
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Rookie

... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj825 View Post
after tonight it looks like Carolina needs a QB with their first pick in the draft(second round)
It's looked that way for a couple of years now. :(
... is offline   Reply With Quote