Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
To be honest, I think that they're the main users. What motivation would a guy who is young, fresh, injury free, and in the best shape of his life have to use steroids? Now how about an older guy who has had an injury or two and is fighting to keep a roster spot and stay in the league against a bunch of young bucks. It's a young man's game, after all.

Think about it.
Well I mean there would be stupid guys trying to use it to be good for just 1 big pay day and then go off it. I know that was a topic talked about on the WFAN here in NY area. They had a topic about how baseball players would take it for 1 bigtime pay day, and then go off it, and still their contract is guarenteeded.

But I can see why injuried players would take it. I am sure SOME were good without it, and got hurt, and thought well people know I am good, and right now I am hurt so I will take it while I am rehabbing, and perhaps alittle afterwards, and then go off it, and no one would know because I had those stats without ever taking it.

I mean it's just a guess but I am sure that could be a valid reason for taking it. Not that I agree, because it's still cheating, but I've noticed guys who taked it got hurt or have been hurt. Too many cases for coincidence in my opinion.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guarantee you that steroids are a lot more prevalent in football than most people think.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Glazer just broke the news right now on the Fox pre-game show that the Vikings' Williams DT duo is also facing a suspension in this. Also I believe he named Grady Jackson of the Falcons as well.

Wow.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and Grady Jackson to that list. Coming from Jay Glazer on fox pregame. Darn a couple Vikings :( SUSPEND them Now!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Per Mort on NFL Countdown, the Saints players were taking StarCaps, a dietary product that doesn't list the banned substance in it's ingredients. The Saints players are contemplating lawsuits against the pills manufacturers. One defense would be that "why would I think to have this product tested if none of the ingredients are listed by the NFL as a banned substance?"
Interesting...
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Interesting...
They will still get suspended. They can just sue the company.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Jay Glazer just broke the news right now on the Fox pre-game show that the Vikings' Williams DT duo is also facing a suspension in this. Also I believe he named Grady Jackson of the Falcons as well.

Wow.

Going after the fatties.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 10-26-2008 at 11:30 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, could the NFL please test Barry Sims. I wouldn't mind him getting a 4-game suspension.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There goes our run stopping defense....EJ Out and now Kevin and Pat might be out for four games...not a good year.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Williams isn't fat, just big.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Pat AND Kevin. That could easily be the vikings season right there.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yeah....Its not looking good. Its pretty bad when I had to go look up our Back up DT's because I dont even remember who it was...Well its Fred Evans and Otis Grisgby.....

Old 10-26-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Yeah....Its not looking good. Its pretty bad when I had to go look up our Back up DT's because I dont even remember who it was...Well its Fred Evans and Otis Grisgby.....
Isn't the man wonder Kedrick Allen still on the team?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Isn't the man wonder Kedrick Allen still on the team?
Not to my knowledge.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are they clones? I don't think I've ever heard one's name without the other in the same sentence.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Kevin Williams isn't fat, just big.

He's still got a good ole gut just like any DT.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I guarantee you that steroids are a lot more prevalent in football than most people think.
It is at ALL levels of the game.. I coached TE at a D3 college last year, and we had users on our team. In fact in the college level it's really used alot. My season last year was pretty much like the movie THE PROGRAM with Halle berry. We had all sorts of drama last season on my team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
It is at ALL levels of the game.. I coached TE at a D3 college last year, and we had users on our team. In fact in the college level it's really used alot. My season last year was pretty much like the movie THE PROGRAM with Halle berry. We had all sorts of drama last season on my team.
I have heard steroid testing in college is an absolute joke. Steroid users will always be one step ahead of steroid testers as it's science vs. science. You have to know what compound your looking for when testing, and the creators just slightly change the compound or make it convert to something else in the body and you get a 'designer' steroid. That's how pro athletes do it anyways, I think college kids just stick the the traditional stuff because the testing protocol sucks so bad they don't have to worry about getting caught.

They should really test for estrogen blockers and serms if they want to catch people.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

You'd think of all teams anyone on the Vikings would know not to take diuretics... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...8821&type=news

they get smoked.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

It's all about money and the big guys have a lot more on the line. Every year there are a handful of OL/DL guys that are inactive during training camp because they are overweight. Some players even have weight clauses and bonuses in their contracts. When your 320 lbs. you need to eat a ton to maintain that mass and these guys are not eating chicken and brown rice, I'm sure they are eating fast food and going out to expensive restaurants. If your job told you that you are overweight and could not work until you lost X amount of pounds what would you do? You can lose 10-15 lbs. taking a diuretic so it is the quickest easiest way to make weight.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deuce McAllister, Charles Grant, and Will Smith are not expected to have the appeal of their potential four-game suspensions for violating the NFL's steroids policy heard until mid-November.

It appears they are in the clear until then, which should give Deuce enough time to fit in starts at the Falcons and at Kansas City before Reggie Bush (knee surgery) is due back. New Orleans is currently on its bye week.
Source: FOXSports.com
Well, that's... um, good.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To my knowledge, they still need to name one more person, is that correct? The longsnapper for the texans was named, the three saints players, The Williams DTs, and Grady Jackson, that is seven. I remember hearing that it is at least 8 players, and could be up to 10 or twelve.

As said before, the diuretic could be used as a masking agent, or for its intended purpose of losing weight, but another thing water pills cold potentially be used for is covering up an nderlying condition that may prevent a player from playing. I don't know nearly enough in the medical field to even wager a guess, but if it can cover up things put in the body, it should cover up things produced maturally by the body as well. I don't know if there would even be a reason for a player to cover up an underlying condition, and it is most likely that none of them have a condidtion to cover up, but it is just something that it may be used for. But for whatever purpose, it is a banned substance for a reason, and under no circumstances should you take it.

As for the Saints players that are suing the company because it doesn't list the banned substances. There are plenty of team doctors that know enouogh that they should know what is in it. Ignorance is not an excuse. If a company doesn't list banned substances on it at all, that is a little suspicious, and they shouldn't have been taking it if they don't know everything that is in it anyway. I'm not picking on the saints guys it is just the one story has that as a possible excuse.

Personally, if it comes back that any of these guys used the diuretic to cover up steroids, I want them suspended to full extent. Baseball does it, I don't want a double standard in football, it isn't right. Steroids is a bunch of ********, and I don't want anyone involved in that to be a part of the greatest game in the world. Even if it meant cleaning house, I want a clean game, and it may sound naive, but that is just how I feel. This should be getting more coverage, and hopefully once the World Series is over it will be covered more.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm pretty sure big Grady didn't need roids, lol, he's just fat. Oh well, his fault for not reading the ingredients, he's going to get parked like everyone else, and that sucks for the Falcons.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post

Personally, if it comes back that any of these guys used the diuretic to cover up steroids, I want them suspended to full extent. Baseball does it, I don't want a double standard in football, it isn't right. Steroids is a bunch of ********, and I don't want anyone involved in that to be a part of the greatest game in the world. Even if it meant cleaning house, I want a clean game, and it may sound naive, but that is just how I feel. This should be getting more coverage, and hopefully once the World Series is over it will be covered more.
Lol, than say good bye to half the league. I don't get why people are so against anabolic steroids, I mean cortico steroids are legal. If players did not take cortico steroids they would miss a lot more games than they do now. Plus cortico steroids can take away pain but the injury is still there and it can cause more damage if they keep playing through injury.