Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-02-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default the Ted Thompson lovestravaganza

Let us use this thread to praise TT in all his glory.

From high up on his perch TT patiently waits like a hawk to pounce upon his prey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

epic thread, good idea. The man is brilliant and I wish I could have him make some of my decisions because he is so damn good.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i absolutely love him as our GM. the man is a genius, especially after Sherman.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
i absolutely love him as our GM. the man is a genius, especially after Sherman.
Everyone is brilliant compared to Sherman, except Matt Millen, but TT has a plan and he seems to be executing it very well :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Everyone is brilliant compared to Sherman, except Matt Millen, but TT has a plan and he seems to be executing it very well :)
I agree. I've gotten to the point where i don't even question his decisions anymore.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TT knows everything and thats why i put my mock draft is who ever TT picks in my sig :)
Old 03-02-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
TT knows everything and thats why i put my mock draft is who ever TT picks in my sig :)
Ahhhh, you're very clever! :)

Old 03-03-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Thompson doesn't do pushups, he pushes the world down.

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no matter who TT picks i will feel that we had a great draft because he certainly knows what he's doing.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Ted Thompson doesn't do pushups, he pushes the world down.
TT > Chuck Norris

Old 03-03-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
TT > Chuck Norris
fo sho.

I really like TT's approach to free agency. He tends to stay out of the crazy bidding wars at the beginning and then he swoops in and gets some solid players at reasonable deals.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
fo sho.

I really like TT's approach to free agency. He tends to stay out of the crazy bidding wars at the beginning and then he swoops in and gets some solid players at reasonable deals.
yes; he doesn't feel the need to go on a spending spree whenever he gets a little spending cash

Old 03-03-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
beef
Veteran

beef hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'm interested to see what he does when we're only a piece or two away.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I think we're only a couple pieces away now. After the draft and FA we should be set.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Honestly I think we're only a couple pieces away now. After the draft and FA we should be set.
The only pieces of the puzzle missing are RB, WR, TE, S and the Packers are potentially Super Bowl contenders given the rest of the NFC

Old 03-03-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Why Ted Thompson is so good:

Cullen Jenkins, 26, entering 4th season
2004: 4.5 sacks, 18 tackles
2005: 3.0 sacks, 37 tackles

2006: 6.5 sacks, 32 tackles
RESULT: 4 year, 16 million dollar contract (4 per year)

DeWayne White, 27, entering 5th season
2004: 6.0 sacks, 30 tackles
2005: 3.0 sacks, 35 tackles

2006: 5.0 sacks, 43 tackles
RESULT: 5 year, 29 million dollar contract (5.8 per year)

* Jenkins' stats in '04 and '05 came at the DT position.

Does any one really think White is worth nearly 2 million more per year? I really like this Jenkins signing.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Why Ted Thompson is so good:

Cullen Jenkins, 26, entering 4th season
2004: 4.5 sacks, 18 tackles
2005: 3.0 sacks, 37 tackles

2006: 6.5 sacks, 32 tackles
RESULT: 4 year, 16 million dollar contract (4 per year)

DeWayne White, 27, entering 5th season
2004: 6.0 sacks, 30 tackles
2005: 3.0 sacks, 35 tackles

2006: 5.0 sacks, 43 tackles
RESULT: 5 year, 29 million dollar contract (5.8 per year)

* Jenkins' stats in '04 and '05 came at the DT position.

Does any one really think White is worth nearly 2 million more per year? I really like this Jenkins signing.
i do. The only reason we got Jenkins for lest was because he only played DE for 5 games and no one had game flim on him, so its kindy a risk. Plus the Loins need a DE.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
i do. The only reason we got Jenkins for lest was because he only played DE for 5 games and no one had game flim on him, so its kindy a risk. Plus the Loins need a DE.
They couldn't find game film on him? Despite having played 41 games prior to the switch? I don't buy that. Also, DTs shouldn't be outproducing DEs, as he did this year and last year. He's also younger. As for the Lions needing a DE, I don't see how that's relevant.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
They couldn't find game film on him? Despite having played 41 games prior to the switch? I don't buy that. Also, DTs shouldn't be outproducing DEs, as he did this year and last year. He's also younger. As for the Lions needing a DE, I don't see how that's relevant.
Yeah, this isn't high school ball. If he played in at least one game there is film of him.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who does everyone believe was TT's best move.
I'd saying picking up Gado and drafting Hawk

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Getting rid of Mike Sherman :)

Player wise drafting greg Jennings

Old 03-06-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

man it's good to be back, I got in an argument with a bunch of idiots on another forum and they said TT was a waste of space because he doesn't spend the money on FA. Then after I proved them wrong, they started saying how the packers shouldn't have let Homgren go, yeah, ok idiots, good to be talking with people who know a thing or two about the packers again

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
man it's good to be back, I got in an argument with a bunch of idiots on another forum and they said TT was a waste of space because he doesn't spend the money on FA. Then after I proved them wrong, they started saying how the packers shouldn't have let Homgren go, yeah, ok idiots, good to be talking with people who know a thing or two about the packers again
You're Welcome! :)

Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I'd actually say getting rid of Gado for morency and drafting the guards would be my favorite.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'd actually say getting rid of Gado for morency and drafting the guards would be my favorite.
they were no brainers but resigning Kapman and draft AJ

Quote:
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote