Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-06-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
they were no brainers but resigning Kapman and draft AJ
No brainers? Do you realize how many people railed him for dumping the vet guards?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you lost me here, when did we start talking about them, I thought we were talking about what our favorite TT moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/...3d271ba6 de98

God I just want to punch them all. I almost signed up to tell them how ******* stupid they are.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was stupid, those idiots forget to mention:
AJ Hawk
Jennings
Moll, Spitz and Colledge
Bringing Woodson
8-8

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

God I just want to punch them all. I almost signed up to tell them how ******* stupid they are.
wow, how do people get that stupid? It seriously makes my head hurt.

TT has been money since before he even came to GB. I like how they all completely ignore the fact that he built the Seahawks into a Super Bowl caliber team with similar strategies as what he has used to rebuild the Packers. Smart GM's know that you build through the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you lost me here, when did we start talking about them, I thought we were talking about what our favorite TT moves

Yeah, one of my fav was dumping the two vet guards for the young ones we have now. Saved alot of money, and I'd rather have them anyways.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Mwkick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Time will tell gentlemen. I'm a huge packer fan and I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post. But it seems like everyone just jumped on board once the pack started winning. The 8-8 record is inflated. I think it's a little false hope. I don't think the packers r that close to a title. Their defense was one of only a few that went the entire year with having only one starter miss a game. They lack depth and one or two injuries and they are right back to where they started. Their safeties are a mess. Their tackling isn't solid. I'm still nto sold on their d-ends either. And Manuel was a bust to say the least.
Their offense lacks weapons. I love McCarthy's creativity. But at times he tries to get too cute. Their o-line, as someone mentioned above is average. The only thing that saves them is the fact that they ARE young. It's sad when you constantly have to put your TE in the backfield to provide EXTRA protection.
I hope that another off-season has helped. And the weak NFC will always provide hope, but it's foolish to say TT is great. Let's not forget a guy by the name of Mike Holmgren in Seattle. Don't give full credit to TT there. Holmgren brought Hasslebeck. Without him, they had....Trent Dilfer.
I am frustrated by TT's patience. I agree to not overspend, but there's so much money out there. Why not add a few veterans? Especially at areas of need. I don't even see any RUMORS as to packer visits. Where's Daniel Graham? Oh wait just signed with Denver. Where's a running back other than overrated McGahee??

I hope for a dynasty. And I think we're headed int he right direction. But let's not crown TT jsut yet.

Just my .02 cents.
Mwkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

"Wait, wait - he didn't sign Tony Gonzalez????!?!!!!!

Fire the b-stard!"
what a bunch of idiots, we couldn't dumbass, he got resigned by the cheifs

Quote:
Old 03-06-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
wow, how do people get that stupid? It seriously makes my head hurt.

TT has been money since before he even came to GB. I like how they all completely ignore the fact that he built the Seahawks into a Super Bowl caliber team with similar strategies as what he has used to rebuild the Packers. Smart GM's know that you build through the draft.
you are a smart man

Quote:
Old 03-06-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Who said anything about tony gonzalas????

I love how you give total credit to TT for Seattle's RECENT success.

TT for prez.............
Old 03-06-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Ya the Patriots use that strategy. Building through the draft. That's why they are the youngest team in the nfl...oh wait they aren't.

Each team is different. There isn't one way to do things. TT has his strategy. I'm just saying I'm not sold....
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwkick View Post
Ya the Patriots use that strategy. Building through the draft. That's why they are the youngest team in the nfl...oh wait they aren't.

Each team is different. There isn't one way to do things. TT has his strategy. I'm just saying I'm not sold....
Your not sold, Im not sold, and I doubt Brett is either. He wants help and I just wish TT would help him a little. Moss and or McGahee would give us a legit shot this year and wouldnt even max out our cap.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Mwkick
Rookie

Exactly. And no offense, but I'm not a big fan of McGahee. I don't think he's THAT good...call me crazy. Moss I'd love though. Legitly open up the offense.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Time will tell gentlemen. I'm a huge packer fan and I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post. But it seems like everyone just jumped on board once the pack started winning. The 8-8 record is inflated. I think it's a little false hope. I don't think the packers r that close to a title. Their defense was one of only a few that went the entire year with having only one starter miss a game. They lack depth and one or two injuries and they are right back to where they started. Their safeties are a mess. Their tackling isn't solid. I'm still nto sold on their d-ends either. And Manuel was a bust to say the least.
Their offense lacks weapons. I love McCarthy's creativity. But at times he tries to get too cute. Their o-line, as someone mentioned above is average. The only thing that saves them is the fact that they ARE young. It's sad when you constantly have to put your TE in the backfield to provide EXTRA protection.
I hope that another off-season has helped. And the weak NFC will always provide hope, but it's foolish to say TT is great. Let's not forget a guy by the name of Mike Holmgren in Seattle. Don't give full credit to TT there. Holmgren brought Hasslebeck. Without him, they had....Trent Dilfer.
I am frustrated by TT's patience. I agree to not overspend, but there's so much money out there. Why not add a few veterans? Especially at areas of need. I don't even see any RUMORS as to packer visits. Where's Daniel Graham? Oh wait just signed with Denver. Where's a running back other than overrated McGahee??

I hope for a dynasty. And I think we're headed int he right direction. But let's not crown TT jsut yet.

Just my .02 cents.
First of all I've always been a TT supporter, I was one of the only ones on this site who stood up for him when he first came to GB, even most of the GB fans here wanted his head without giving him a chance. It was clear to me that his plan was to cut lose all of the overpaid underperforming veterans that the Packers roster had become bloated with under the Sherman regime and begin a much needed infusion of youth and talent. Don't get me wrong, Sherman was a great coach, but in his final years he did a real number on the roster and left us hurting. Everybodies first knock on TT is that he dismantled a playoff team. The reality is that we could have probably made the playoffs several more times with that roster but we were never real contenders. Sure we had a couple of down years but TT has gotten us to a position where the team is filled with youth, speed, and talent and with another good draft or two and some key free agents we can have a team that can seriously contend and do so for a long time. I have more realistic expectations than some here, I think GB is still a few years away from contending and probably at least another year away from even making the playoffs. Like you said we need quality depth at several positions as well as quality starters at SS, RB, OLB, TE, and FB. I'm not so sure we can get all the pieces this year. It is frustrating at times but I'm really glad that TT isn't spending outrageous amounts of money on guys that just aren't worth it.

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I never said there's only one way to build a team. The Patriots are as successful as they are because they have one of the greatest coaches ever and a great QB. Take away Belichicks great football mind and that roster isn't all that impressive. He runs complex schemes so he needs veterans who are smart and can understand and execute them rather than young athletic playmakers who may not play within the scheme as well. Most coaches aren't on Belichicks level though and wouldn't be nearly as successful in NE as he is.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:

they still built that team thorugh the draft, it's not an over night process, it takes years, but after those years and years of all those guys playing together, they become really good. Thats why they won 3 out 4 years

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Who said anything about tony gonzalas????

I love how you give total credit to TT for Seattle's RECENT success.

TT for prez.............
my bad, I got that off of that firepackersgm.com link, thought it was funny

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

wow, that's incredibly stupid.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
wow, that's incredibly stupid.
lets just hope non of them find this forum

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lets just hope non of them find this forum
I hope you're right!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overpaying for Free Agents, so easy a caveman can do it. - PACKmanN

what do u guys think?
Old 03-11-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am loving what TT is doing with building the team for year Number two heading into year #3.

His first year, I thought he sabotaged Sherman by his botching of the OG situation and not re-signing Javon Walker long-term. Terrible handling of the line turned into a terrible season. Javon is more a Jajerque, but he still would have been a great addition to the passing game last year, along with Jennings had we gotten him to go with DD.

Last year, I was happy with his FA pickups, Pickett and Woodson had solid years. I was for Manuel then, now I still think we have a hole he created when he let Sharper go. Toss in the special teamers at LB and it was a decent FA season last year. His real home-runs were in the draft. The three OL, Jennings, Hodge and of course Hawk.

Year three I'd like to see him pick up a veteran player like Woodson and front-load the contract and include serious incentive pay, maybe a guy like Grant Wistrom to complete the DE corp, or even add pressure on KGB to get it done or get out. I was really hoping TT would have picked up Randy McMichael, but it wasn't meant to be.The Packers need some talent at the skill positions, so maybe he'll hget the offense working again this year. Depending on Underwood's knee, I'm still looking at upgrading the SS.

I have a lot of faith that TT will be getting it done, in his way, which I love as a fan. It means no stupid contracts for mediocre players (Bobby Wade to Minnesota), arranging the draft to have more players and relying on your scouts to be able to get NFL players from smaller colleges and having success later in the draft, and resigning guys that you really like that are still huge producers (Kampman and Jenkins) versus giving good money to players who had great careers in the past but don't have much potential to improve (Green).
Old 03-11-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
I am loving what TT is doing with building the team for year Number two heading into year #3.

His first year, I thought he sabotaged Sherman by his botching of the OG situation and not re-signing Javon Walker long-term. Terrible handling of the line turned into a terrible season. Javon is more a Jajerque, but he still would have been a great addition to the passing game last year, along with Jennings had we gotten him to go with DD.

Last year, I was happy with his FA pickups, Pickett and Woodson had solid years. I was for Manuel then, now I still think we have a hole he created when he let Sharper go. Toss in the special teamers at LB and it was a decent FA season last year. His real home-runs were in the draft. The three OL, Jennings, Hodge and of course Hawk.

Year three I'd like to see him pick up a veteran player like Woodson and front-load the contract and include serious incentive pay, maybe a guy like Grant Wistrom to complete the DE corp, or even add pressure on KGB to get it done or get out. I was really hoping TT would have picked up Randy McMichael, but it wasn't meant to be.The Packers need some talent at the skill positions, so maybe he'll hget the offense working again this year. Depending on Underwood's knee, I'm still looking at upgrading the SS.

I have a lot of faith that TT will be getting it done, in his way, which I love as a fan. It means no stupid contracts for mediocre players (Bobby Wade to Minnesota), arranging the draft to have more players and relying on your scouts to be able to get NFL players from smaller colleges and having success later in the draft, and resigning guys that you really like that are still huge producers (Kampman and Jenkins) versus giving good money to players who had great careers in the past but don't have much potential to improve (Green).
It takes time but we are certainly heading in the right direction

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Thompson addresses 'owners' at Fan Fest by Korth scout.com

Packers general manager stresses importance of developing from within.

Ted Thompson addressed fans at the Green Bay Packers’ annual Fan Fest this afternoon in the Lambeau Field atrium. While Thompson was not available to reporters, he did answer questions from former Packers center Larry McCarran while taping a television show that will air statewide tonight. Thompson has come under heavy criticism thus far in free agency because he has yet to sign any players to fill vacancies left by running back Ahman Green, who signed with Houston, fullback William Henderson (released), or tight end David Martin, who signed with the Miami Dolphins. Thompson said that the Packers are “working on some things” regarding free agency, but did not elaborate. Coach Mike McCarthy, who also was a guest on the TV show, said that it is important for the team’s younger players to “step up.” McCarthy also said that 75 players have committed to participate in the team’s off-season workout program, which begins on March 19. McCarthy said that is the most of any team in the league.

Here are Thompson’s responses to questions from McCarren:

On if he is surprised by any of the signings in free agency:

“We’ve expected to have some fairly dramatic deals because of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement and the salary cap. If a team felt like they had to address a particular need, then we felt like there would be some good deals. “We haven’t done anything. We tried to sign Ahman Green and David Martin both, but we didn’t come to an agreement there. We’re still working on some things. Even though we haven’t done anything, or haven’t signed anybody, it doesn’t mean that we’re sitting on our hands. We’re working on it, trying to find the right fit.”

On how he plans to replace Ahman Green:

“First and foremost, we have four young backs on our team that we’re going to try to develop from within. We’ve said it over and over, and Mike and I have talked about this a lot, the best way to become a good, sustaining team, is to develop from within. We’re going to give these guys a shot, and we’re going to bring in some competition for them. You never know what happens in free agency or the draft, but we’re going to count on the guys we have on our team.”

On if Aaron Rodgers is the team’s quarterback of the future?

“Yes, absolutely. Aaron’s working very hard. He’s a fine player. He wants to play, and he understands the position that he’s in. He got injured last year in the only opportunity he had to play, but he’s continued to develop. Mike and I are both very high on him, and he’s going to be a good player.”

On what he can say about trading for Randy Moss:

“You don’t say anything, that’s the best way to do it.”

On how he would characterize the NFL draft:

“We feel very confident that we’ll be able to take a really good player. The key is, ‘Do we know what we’re doing?’ But we know what we’re doing and we’ll get some good players for this team.”

On his thoughts on California RB Marshawn Lynch, whom many speculate the Packers will select with the 16th overall pick:

“He looks like a good player. We just got back from the (NFL) Combine, and a lot of players came through. We’re impressed with this group (of running backs). We feel that the first round is deep enough to take a good player at 16.”

On how far away the Packers are from contending for a Super Bowl title:

“The NFL is a funny business. You can be on the bottom and rise pretty fast. We feel like we’re getting better. We have improved the core of our team. We have some good guys who have brought us some leadership and know their responsibilities. We did pretty good through the course of the season, and it was a tough season because we had some bad games here at Lambeau Field, certainly. We’re going to try to avoid that. We have a chance, as far as predicting, but, again, the best way for us to be successful is for quality improvement from within.”

they get smoked.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy also said that 75 players have committed to participate in the team’s off-season workout program, which begins on March 19. McCarthy said that is the most of any team in the league.

I like that part, looks like when Pickett said "we want to have the best D in the NFL next year" he ment it.