Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope so I seriously believe if you take away half of J.T.'s turnovers the Niners maybe have two more wins. Just sucks I have to wait two weeks to see what happens.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Hope so I seriously believe if you take away half of J.T.'s turnovers the Niners maybe have two more wins. Just sucks I have to wait two weeks to see what happens.
JTO singlehandedly lost the saints game for us by throwing TWO interceptions in the endzone!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the Eagles game with 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter. The Giants game. This last game against the seahawks. Thats four.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the Eagles game with 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter.
Yes, thank you for that.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Thus far he just appears to be one of those hype machines, aka workout warrior. He's got an ego to, so the combo doesn't really work out. I still think he can be an effective player, and i'm very interested to see what he does the rest of his career. I don't know if the systems he's been in have helped his cause, but i'm certainly not taking the blame off of him, he's been bad.
It's not like he was just a workout warrior, he was highly productive player in college.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
It's not like he was just a workout warrior, he was highly productive player in college.
Indeed he was. Check out his stats from his junior year at Maryland

51 catches, 871 yards, 17.1 ypc, 6 TD

17.1 ypc for a tight end is un-*******-believable.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Vernon Davis isn't as physically talented as he is made out to be. He's an undersized TE with stiff hips who just happens to be able to run fast in a straight line. Not being able to catch, run routes, or understand the playbook doesn't help either.
Route running and the drops are really why this guy sucks. When you fail to get open you get the QB killed. And when you drop balls on the few occasions you get it right and are open you kill the team.

Both things can be worked on. Sadly, this clown does not seem to work on anything. My assumption, of course, since I don't see or hear much about him - but Mike Sing went off on him for a reason. His comments about VD not being a team guy point to his lack of effort, imo.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Indeed he was. Check out his stats from his junior year at Maryland

51 catches, 871 yards, 17.1 ypc, 6 TD

17.1 ypc for a tight end is un-*******-believable.

That is pretty sick, especially in an offense that wasn't really explosive, so it's easy to see why teams fell in love with the measurables...He's still got a long way to go though, he will probably end up a bust because I don't think he's going to live up to a top 10 status but if he gets his head where it needs to be and learns the little things he could become a good starter.

He didn't sound like a **** afterwards in interviews which was good to hear, he was probably pissed off too, but he didn't jaw back to Singletary on the sideline or bash him in interviews, given the opportunity alot of players may of done different so that shows me he's a good kid who just has to mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That is pretty sick, especially in an offense that wasn't really explosive, so it's easy to see why teams fell in love with the measurables...He's still got a long way to go though, he will probably end up a bust because I don't think he's going to live up to a top 10 status but if he gets his head where it needs to be and learns the little things he could become a good starter.

He didn't sound like a **** afterwards in interviews which was good to hear, he was probably pissed off too, but he didn't jaw back to Singletary on the sideline or bash him in interviews, given the opportunity alot of players may of done different so that shows me he's a good kid who just has to mature.
He did jaw back to Singletary thats most of the reason why Singletary freaked out. It sounds like Vernon is taking this to heart so that is good.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ass-literally/

No way this is true knowing the kind of guy Mike is.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess you're right, since the page is no longer available.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Guess you're right, since the page is no longer available.
It's still on the page if you go to it.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I found it shortly after that post - funny stuff. It would be pretty damn funny if he actually stood there w/his pants at his ankles the whole time, but I doubt it.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
It's still on the page if you go to it.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...me-pants-drop/

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN has it as well.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3673441

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

WinslowEdwards19 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's hilarious..
Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post

I hope Ditka and Ryan never did that, that would be something you wouldnt want to see.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I don't know what to believe now. At the end of the ESPN story John Clayton said the story was not true. Then one of the local reporters has quotes from Singletary...
Old 10-31-2008, 03:42 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know what to believe now. At the end of the ESPN story John Clayton said the story was not true. Then one of the local reporters has quotes from Singletary...
the story is true, they just had incorrect sourcing on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Singletary is starting to remind me of Martz in the sense that he lacks people skills. His antics are just going to alienate his players and make him a pariah. He needs to keep things in house, but when he does stuff like the news conference he is just going to drive a wedge between him and his players. Singletary has what it takes to be a successfull coach, he just needs to keep his emotions in check.
Loggerhead is offline   Reply With Quote