Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-28-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am not denying Avenue Q is awesome, I am just pointing out that Sweeney Todd pwns everything.
Sweeney Todd on Stage > Avenue Q on Broadway

Avenue Q on Broadway >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sweeney Todd the movie

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Sweeney Todd on Stage > Avenue Q on Broadway

Avenue Q on Broadway >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sweeney Todd the movie
But we are comparing the stage versions here! Sweeney Todd on Broadway was the greatest theatre going experiance of my life. Sondheim kicks ass.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I love that song also. I also like The Deep South and Jersey Shore by the promise Ring
Agreed. They're majorly awesome in a cutesy, but not girly way.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dispatch - The General
The Killers- All These Things That I've Done
Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger
Green Day - Basket Case
Offspring - Come Out and Play
Motion City Soundtrack - Everything is Alright
Sex Pistols - EMI
The Clash - Complete Control
The Beatles - A Day in the Life
The Who - Baba O'Reilly, Pinball Wizard, Won't Get Fooled Again...like anything by them.

Last edited by BrownsTown : 10-28-2008 at 05:11 PM.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Dispatch - The General
Fantastic song.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I am not denying Avenue Q is awesome, I am just pointing out that Sweeney Todd pwns everything.
you are a liar and a *****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNV0yK0ZAYI

I'm going to be a Monte Python Homer here and say that Spamalot was the best time I've ever had on broadway. My favorite stage performance ever was Stacey Keach as King Lear set in post USSR Russia at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago.

Last edited by giantsfan : 10-28-2008 at 05:16 PM.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But we are comparing the stage versions here! Sweeney Todd on Broadway was the greatest theatre going experiance of my life. Sondheim kicks ass.
Even though Avenue Q was awesome and original, I agree that Sweeney Todd theatrically is much better than Avenue Q.

Question: Did you see the production with Angela Lansbury? I saw that one tapped and it was awesome.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even though Avenue Q was awesome and original, I agree that Sweeney Todd theatrically is much better than Avenue Q.

Question: Did you see the production with Angela Lansbury? I saw that one tapped and it was awesome.
I do not believe so. The lead girl was very strong though. I saw it 3 and a half years back so details are fuzzy. Still ******* amazing in every way. Both Sweeney Todd and Q were great but Todd was my favorite of the 5 shows I watched.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 10-28-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's nothing compared to the Revival with Cerveris.

I saw Original Cast Avenue Q. Not knowing anything about it and seeing it was the most hilarious thing of my life. They are two different shows, not comparable.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I didn't have any Beatles songs on my list, but Across the Universe and Come Together definitely go in the honorable mention category.
Good songs but I just adore Eleanor Rigby and WMGGW
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Beatles - A Day in the Life (and many other Beatles songs)

and other assorted music that I will post at my discretion.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will just go with my favourite soungs in no order organized by artist

Grateful Dead

Samson and Delilah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vwp2ErU5PQ

China Cat Sunflower - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaQHSECrH8w

St. Stephan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYmIu_njso4

I could go on forever with Grateful Dead songs, but I will stop at 4. I could not find pride of cucamonga, but that is up there

The Band

King Harvest and Long Black Veil- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hsp4SBwO4

King Harvest is probably my favourite song of all time

Acadian Driftwood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZwkxHYM7lI

The Night they Drove Old Dixie Down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38JpAMG65Dg

Probably the best Civil War song ever and it was written by a bunch of Canadians.

The Tragically Hip Such and underrated band

Bobcaygeon- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxGYnZCeTY

Wheat Kings- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQn7GuzkIsA

New Orleans is Sinking- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZwm_OKh6bw

Neil Young

Cowgirl in the Sand- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zphUt_tp898

Down by the River( with CSNY) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v5E27Fp59c

Muddy Waters

I can not really find any great Muddy Waters on youtube, but ill post some of his good songs which are some of my favourite

Mannish Boy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwd1LsJyhis

Going Down Slow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFJuGGS_AWk

Howlin Wolf

Shake it for Me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux6N00CwudA

Junior Wells

Hoodoo Man Blueshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiwQ65L8jAk

Last edited by Chucky : 10-28-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
I do not believe so. The lead girl was very strong though. I saw it 3 and a half years back so details are fuzzy. Still ******* amazing in every way.
Well, the Angela Lansbury version was in 1979 as I just read on wikipedia... If you get a chance, watch it because Angela Lansbury is awesome as Mrs. Lovett.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
It's nothing compared to the Revival with Cerveris.

I saw Original Cast Avenue Q. Not knowing anything about it and seeing it was the most hilarious thing of my life. They are two different shows, not comparable.
I'll agree to this one and I also saw the original cast of Avenue Q which was pretty amazing.

I bet you I'm the only person to see Big the Musical on Broadway.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll agree to this one and I also saw the original cast of Avenue Q which was pretty amazing.

I bet you I'm the only person to see Big the Musical on Broadway.
You are. I do have the soundtrack though. I love that show. Saw a HS do it (poorly,) but the show is awesome.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

is this really turning into a thread about 'avenue q' and 'sweeney todd'?

sweet god. who replaced you all with girls. what? do we have to make a field trip so i can take you all to see wicked too?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Been there seen that. Shall I start a musical theater thread?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

sweet god. who replaced you all with girls. what? do we have to make a field trip so i can take you all to see wicked too?
Into the Woods > Wicked!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Into the Woods is mediocre at best. Earliest Sondheim, but he nailed it after that.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Ruby Soho" by Rancid
"People Who Died" by Jim Carroll Band
"Sweater Song" by Weezer
"Free Fallin" by Tom Petty
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Into the Woods is mediocre at best. Earliest Sondheim, but he nailed it after that.
But it still beats Wicked!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boston - Foreplay Longtime it will never die :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Into the Woods was late Sondheim. 1987 in fact. It was after Sweeney Todd, West Side Story, Gypsy, Company, Follies and a few others.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

I agree. Everyone participating in the conversation about musical theatre needs to have their genitals checked for vaginal development.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Been there seen that. Shall I start a musical theater thread?
Did it for you.