Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laugh all you want. Morrison is average at best, regardless of scheme. He's had plenty of time to prove that. A handful of noteworthy plays doesn't make him special. Otherwise, we'd be using Ronald Curry as a reason to not draft a WR.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Laugh all you want. Morrison is average at best, regardless of scheme. He's had plenty of time to prove that. A handful of noteworthy plays doesn't make him special. Otherwise, we'd be using Ronald Curry as a reason to not draft a WR.
It's because Morrison is playing out of position, he's not stout enough to man the middle but he'd make a great strong side backer if we drafted Curry.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't shed blocks. He whiffs too many tackles when he's not being blocked. How would moving him to the strong side help? That would only expose his weaknesses even more.

The only chance Morrison has to be a decent starter would be to add two big DTs. A Tony Siragusa/Sam Adams type of tandem. If he's not kept clean, he'll continue to fail.

If we did take Curry, I think Curry would man the strong side. Not that Al would take a LB that high, of course.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would you guys think if the Raiders drafted Maclin or Harvin?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the #7 pick? Maclin I might be able to stomach, because I really do like him as a prospect, even if it would be a decent breach of value. Harvin would be unacceptable.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

mock raiders draft.
trade j.fargas to the c.bengals for a 5th rd pick
trade down from # 7 to philly for 16th and 29th ( assuming they lose sunday)

1. michael oher ot - russell needs protection and a solid tackle to help give him time in the pocket. mcfadden i'm sure will run on his side of the ball.
1. victor harris cb - oakland has a decision to make on aso. this pick will assure them they have a solid corner for years to come. davis picks corners for the sake of just doing it.
2. percy hervin wr - russell needs targets!
3. cody brown de - their d-line is getting old, time to bring in some fresh new blood.
4. johnathan casillas olb - again, defense didn't live up the bill this season and a few lbs were playing out of position. this pick is solid and adds much needed depth.
5. ray feinga g - the o-line is pathetic. they need to draft more guys upfront.
5. curtis painter qb - not a big need but could pay dividends if russell gets hurt. i don't like walter or any other scrub coming in sucking it up if he got hurt
6. pat white wr - not sure how he will be as a wr, but r.curry turned out decent when he made a switch of position.
7. lendy holmes s - i have to be honest, this years crop of safetys are not that great. pass dre moore and rashad johnson i'm not sold on any of them. but oakland needs secondary help.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Crabtree is gone by the time we pick, I'm 100 % on board with drafting Oher.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Jason Smith LT- I still dont believe Mario is the long term answer at LT. Smith fits our ZBC perfectly.

2 Hakeem Nicks WR- I am very high on this guy. He reminds me of a Anquan Boldin type WR. Runs great routes, decent size and speed.

3 Ron Brace NT- IDK if he will drop to here, but if he does we should draft him quickly. Terdell Sands should be cut, so a NT is a huge need.

4 Will Davis DE- A decent DE with good size. Good at getting the QB which is a huge problem for our defense.

6 Ramses Barden WR- Huge WR at 6'6 with alright speed. Will be a great endzone threat.

7 Lee Robinson OLB- This guy should have a chance to start for us. Other than Morrison and Howard are LB's are horrible. This guy could be a steal this late

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Big Board

1. Eugene Monroe
2. Michael Crabtree
3. BJ Raji
4. Jason Smith
5. Andre Smith
6. Jeremy Maclin
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
1 Jason Smith LT- I still dont believe Mario is the long term answer at LT. Smith fits our ZBC perfectly.

2 Hakeem Nicks WR- I am very high on this guy. He reminds me of a Anquan Boldin type WR. Runs great routes, decent size and speed.

3 Ron Brace NT- IDK if he will drop to here, but if he does we should draft him quickly. Terdell Sands should be cut, so a NT is a huge need.

4 Will Davis DE- A decent DE with good size. Good at getting the QB which is a huge problem for our defense.

6 Ramses Barden WR- Huge WR at 6'6 with alright speed. Will be a great endzone threat.

7 Lee Robinson OLB- This guy should have a chance to start for us. Other than Morrison and Howard are LB's are horrible. This guy could be a steal this late
great mock!!! I like the Hakeem Nicks in the 2nd and the Ron Brace pick in the 3rd.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
New Big Board

1. Eugene Monroe
2. Michael Crabtree
3. BJ Raji
4. Jason Smith
5. Andre Smith
6. Jeremy Maclin
Id probably take Andre Smith out of our big board. Unless we think he would be our RT.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Id probably take Andre Smith out of our big board. Unless we think he would be our RT.
That's what I'm suggesting, yes. He'd start out at right tackle and could conceivably move to left if Henderson falls on his face.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

After seeing Senior Bowl practices I keep coming back to drafting Maualuga with the 7th pick if Crabtree is not there and if there is no trade down. This freakin team needs TOUGHNESS and even if Rey doesn’t make the play, it will allow the other defenders to make the play. He will have no weight issues...he will be a Polamalu type of player. Hmmm….lets see…

Round 1- MLB- Rey Maualuga (need a nasty MLB who will lay the wood and help this team get tougher)

Round 2- DT- Evander “Ziggy” Hood (another strong, fast and tough player who is aggressive and can also see spot duty as a 4-3 DE)

Round 3- RG/RT- Trevor Canfield (another player with a mean streak who is tough and physical and will only get stronger, best fit for a ZBS team as a RG or RT.)

Round 4- WR- Demetrius Byrd- Solid build and has upside. At LSU he was a deep threat, from what people say he just needs to work on his concentration and route running.

DE Robert Ayers might be there in round 4 and also Center Jonathan Luigs might be there in round 4 as well.

I also would like to see the team draft FB Quinn Johnson from LSU in the later rounds. He is stud of a blocking FB and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Need a blocking FB to replace O'Neal who will not be ready to go next year. Griffith is not a pure blocking FB.

Last edited by Dark Knight01 : 01-24-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This wouldn't be the right time to be advocating Rey Rey for the 7th pick after numerous inconsistenices throughout the week. It's simple, if Crabtree is off the board and the front office is sold on avoiding offensive tackle completely in round one then the choice will more than likely be an athlete like Maclin or even possibly Harvin if he's able to make a serious push in the coming months.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders Round 2 is up in the voting mock if you care to cast your ballot.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
RBolyar2

The Raiders have to walk away with a tackle with their first pick. I think Crabtree is the best player in the draft, but all the top tackles will be gone by the time the Raiders pick in the 2nd round. Hell, I'd even advocate the Raiders grabbing Unger or Mack to play Center at the top of the 2nd round then targeting a player like Iglesias or Robiskie in the 3rd.

The only player I might seriously look at in the 1st other than a tackle would be B.J. Raji. While I like Brian Orakpo, I think the Raiders can coax enough pass rush out of Edwards, Burgess (if he returns), and youngsters Richardson and Scott. The Raiders are getting almost no production out of the DT position and while I like Kelly as a high effort type player (I liken him to a Corey Redding), he needs a guy who commands constant double teams and can tie up blockers like Raji.

If that's the case, then the Raiders should target the best tackle left on the board which might be a guy like Eben Britton.

thoughts?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

My Revised preferred Raider Mock....

RD 1- OT Eugene Monroe (this guy will be a solid RT or LT in the ZBS under Cables tutelage. This team needs to get tougher, stronger and nastier. It starts with this guy)

RD 2- DT Evander "Ziggy" Hood or Fili Moala (tougher stronger and nastier continues)

RD 3- MLB Jasper Brinkley (a 6'3 265-270 pound BEAST of a MLB who will help against the run and continue the tougher, stonger and nastier theme of this draft.....we can move Morrison back to OLB)

RD 4- WR Patrick Turner (chances are this big and strong WR will be gone in Round 3, but if he is there when we pick in round 4, they should snatch him. Hasn't played his best football yet and may not have elite speed, but is a good route runner.)

In the later Rounds 6 or 7, the pick should be blocking FB Quinn Johnson from LSU...since Oren O'Neal will not be ready to play next year. Johnson can also catch passes out of the backfield.

Remember this draft needs to be about drafting players who are TOUGHER, STRONGER, AND NASTIER than the previous drafts where the focus was mainly on atheletes who ran 4.3 or 4.4 40 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying not to fall into this Raji hype, but he almost makes too much sense as well. That's if Crabs is gone, of course.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think Raji is worth the 7th overall pick but I certainly wouldn't complain if he ended up being the pick. Its about time we address the trenches through the draft.And Raji and Kelly in the middle could be pretty good.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else think Al Davis will simply avoid drafting defense on day one because we need JaMarcus Russell be be successful? If Russell was to bust it could hurt us for years no matter what we have on defense. I really wouldn't be surprised if we draft offense with the first 3 picks...

I'm not saying this is the right thing to do but I just have that feeling.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

A big NO to taking Raji at #7.

If the old man wants to do that, then he better TRADE DOWN!

I think Peria Jerry will be better than Raji anyway!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russel will need targets..although he will also need time..WR/OL first round depending on the talent..then maybe a DL or DB
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

1 OT
2 WR
3 NT
4 DE
5 OG/C
6 FS
7 OLB
That would be my draft plan if we were to pick by positions

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 01-28-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

The two guys atop my Raiders big board right now after the Cable hiring would probably be B.J. Raji and Andre Smith. I know there are rumors Cable would look elsewhere than OT in round one, but Andre Smith would look awfully nice on the right side across from Super Mario ..
Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Would be better to take a guy who could actually play LT just in case Henderson falls on his face, which is entirely likely.

I'm hoping for Monroe/Jason Smith, expecting Maclin, and already prepared to laugh at how ridiculous our draft was.