Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-08-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franchise Aso, resign Chris Johnson and Shane Lechler

1 Andre Smith RT(This guy will be great as a RT. Best run blocker in the draft and is decent at pass blocking. Will get a chance at LT is Mario is a bust)

2 Hakeem Nicks WR(I have a good feeling this guy is going to be special. He doesnt have elite speed, but he has everything else.

3 Kyle Moore DE(Big DE that can get good pressure and is alright against the run)

4 Terrance Taylor DT( Big DT that can come in and replace Terdell Sands)

6 Jasper Brinkley LB(He can play either inside or outside. Is a upgrade over Alston

7 Anthony Parker OG( Good player that will drop because of character issues. Could eventually become our RG )

This draft will help the oline by replacing Green at RT and getting a good OG late in the draft. Our dline will become younger and better against the run. Nicks will be our #1 WR. Brinkley could come in from day 1 and start at OLB for us.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be pretty happy with that. There's value across the board and it fills most of the holes on the team.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I'd be happy spending the first rounder on someone that's expected to be a RT. If we don't get someone who will be a LT I would rather go WR or D-line. The way I see it is our run blocking was not the problem, it was the pass blocking. We can get a RT later in the draft or just use McQ. I feel more comfortable with McQ at RT than I do with Mario at LT.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Stash..I rather look at J Smith, Monroe or even Oher at LT.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think Andre Smith can play LT, but if Henderson works out, the RT isn't so much less a valuable position and Smith would make a really weak right side of the line much stronger. I would definitely like the pick.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I agree with Stash..I rather look at J Smith, Monroe or even Oher at LT.
I dont think Jason Smith is strong enough to play RT for us. Monroe will be gone by then. Oher doesnt have the value there and I think he will be a bust.

I too believe that Andre Smith will succeed if we put him in as either LT or RT. Adding Smith to our oline make is from a decent oline to a good one IMO. Yes we could use a upgrade at C but Grove isnt horrible and either Carisle or McQ at RG will be good. I think going offense is the most important thing in the first 2 rounds. This defense is pretty good right now and with good coaching I think they could be good.

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-09-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmm

I think as long as our first three rounds are a combination of OT, WR and DT we will have a decent draft. Any day one pick should be able to come in and contribute immediately at those positions.

As for which OT we should take in rd1 I am not too sure and this may be dictated more by which lineman is left rather than which one we prefer. Chances are that Monroe will be gone, and that one of the Smiths will also be off the board. I'd much rather take either one of the Smiths than Oher at this point.

There will be a lot of WRs available at the start of rd2, and we also have the option of trading of trading up a couple spots if someone drops (ex. Harvin or Bey).

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really intrigued about Jason Smith but there is absolutely no videos on him which is crazy. Damn Baylor.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
UK_Raider
Rookie

UK_Raider hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think if we draft a tackle at #7, we have to play them at LT simply due to the money paid to them (forget Gallery at LG - he was paid to be an LT). Mario can play RT and we should draft Jason Smith in the first round. Or, if Cable is happy with Mario, we should look elsewhere coz #7 is too expensive for an RT. I would be happy with Maclin or Raji buyt my order would be:

1/. J Smith and then someone like Ron Brace in second round
2/. Raji
3/. Maclin
UK_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

if draft were today:
1. eugene monroe - ot
2. derrick williams - wr
3. fili moala - dt
4. mike mickens - cb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Theres no point of drafting a CB since Johnson was resigned and Aso will get franchised

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-17-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01 Dark Knight01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Franchise Aso, resign Chris Johnson and Shane Lechler

1 Andre Smith RT(This guy will be great as a RT. Best run blocker in the draft and is decent at pass blocking. Will get a chance at LT is Mario is a bust)

2 Hakeem Nicks WR(I have a good feeling this guy is going to be special. He doesnt have elite speed, but he has everything else.

3 Kyle Moore DE(Big DE that can get good pressure and is alright against the run)

4 Terrance Taylor DT( Big DT that can come in and replace Terdell Sands)

6 Jasper Brinkley LB(He can play either inside or outside. Is a upgrade over Alston

7 Anthony Parker OG( Good player that will drop because of character issues. Could eventually become our RG )

This draft will help the oline by replacing Green at RT and getting a good OG late in the draft. Our dline will become younger and better against the run. Nicks will be our #1 WR. Brinkley could come in from day 1 and start at OLB for us.

Nice! This is a VERY good Raider Mock draft. If Andre Smith falls to us, then he should be the pick without a doubt IMO and he can plugged in at the RT spot and be there for years.
Dark Knight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the majority here in favor of Andre Smith with the 7th pick? I think we may finally have a consensus ... for now.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Is the majority here in favor of Andre Smith with the 7th pick? I think we may finally have a consensus ... for now.
Im still saying if Crabtree is there we have to take him. Not likely though. So Id go Andre Smith if he was there. He would answer our RT problems and could possibly be our LT if Mario busts. Raji is also starting to look like a nice pick to in my eyes.

Michael Crabtree
Andre Smith
Jason Smith
BJ Raji
Eugene Monroe
Jeremy Maclin

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-17-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Id like to see some video on Jason Smith first.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Monroe or Jason Smith first, but Andre Smith would be more than welcome.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Monroe and Smith dont get enough push in the run game IMO. Since our offence is based around the running game Id rather have Andre Smith. I also think Andre Smith is on the same level of a pass blocker as both of them. This guy is gonna be a stud

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-18-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Monroe and Smith dont get enough push in the run game IMO. Since our offence is based around the running game Id rather have Andre Smith. I also think Andre Smith is on the same level of a pass blocker as both of them. This guy is gonna be a stud
I think most would agree that our current o-line is better at run blocking then they are at pass blocking. I really don't think we should be as concerned about the run blocking skills of potential picks as we should about pass blocking skills. IMO we should be looking to improve the weakness of our o-line by taking the best pass blocker available who projects as a LT. I know I've said it before but if we use the #7 pick on someone and intend to play him at RT I will be a little upset. LT is the more important position and more difficult to play. If the organization is high on Henderson and feels he can be the LT, then we should address a different position in the first round like D-line or WR.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

How would you guys feel if we traded up into the 1st round for DT Peria Jerry if he was there? Do you guys feel he would be able to play NT or UT for us? A Kelly and Jerry combo would be nice

My Raiders Mock

Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Jerry isn't really the kind of NT Oakland should be looking for. As far as I'm concerned, if NT is considered a big deal for the Raiders, BJ Raji should be the pick.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Jerry isn't really the kind of NT Oakland should be looking for. As far as I'm concerned, if NT is considered a big deal for the Raiders, BJ Raji should be the pick.
I'd settle for his teammate, Brace, but not before round three.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm not crazy about Ron Brace. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, but I'd just as soon wait another year for some other nose tackle (or draft Sammy Lee Hill in the 5th or 6th).
Old 02-19-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

I'm with most of you I hope Andre Smith drops to 7th.. He would be the ideal RT for the Raiders.. He reminds me of L.Kennedy a lot.

I expect E.Monroe to go 2nd overall the Bengals could draft a OT with the 6th pick. I hope they don't view A.Smith as a LT..

I don't know much about J.Smith but M.Mayock from NFLNW seems to really like him.
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

This is great news regarding Andre Smiths draft stock slipping and Crabtrees being out 8-10 weeks for us Raider fans. Both players may slip to us at #7.....it's a good dilemma to have!

I hope Andre Smith keeps on slipping to the #7 spot so the Raiders can snatch him to be a DOMINATING RT!

Keep on slipping big boy! LOL
Old 02-21-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Dark Knight01
Rookie

Quote:
How would you guys feel if we traded up into the 1st round for DT Peria Jerry if he was there? Do you guys feel he would be able to play NT or UT for us? A Kelly and Jerry combo would be nice

I like Jerry....more than Raji. Granted I have seen more Ole Miss games, but Jerry was always making plays and he is strong! Would love to see him be a Raider.