Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post

Rookie awards
There's been a number of solid contributors in the NFL so far this year. Clearly the leaders are Chris Johnson, Matt Forte and Matt Ryan and the three players have been leading either head lines or stat lines quite often this season. Forte burst onto the scene during a primetime upset win over the Indianapolis colts, but since then as only garnered one 100 yard rushing effort.

Chris Johnson and Matt Ryan likewise forced the NFL to take notice on their opening days with solid performance in their team's wins. In the following week both players have helped lead their teams to hard fought victories and it appears that the offensive rookie award is really just a two horse race. That being said:
So, the fact that he leads the team in receptions as well is not withstanding here? Good to see that rushing is all running backs have to do....
Old 11-03-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You say Brees isn't MVP because his team is .500 then you say I'm wrong saying they won't win the division because they could still have a winning season. Which is it?
I said they weren't out of it, but its going to take a miracle for them to win it. Drew Brees cannot win the MVP award without his team making the playoffs, which isn't happening. SO that's it.

Quote:
Favre has been incredibly average in New York, and I believe they've been winning games more because of Jones' performances than Favre's.
Brett has led 2 4th quarter comebacks this season already, had a CAREER game with 6 touchdowns...people remember how bad this team was last year? They have made changes, but Brett has been more than average in New York.

[quote=BlindSite;1294268]I haven't counted the Saints out as in completely gone but realistically they have hard games against Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina, Greenbay and Chicago coming up, to round out their schedule they've got some cream puffs in KC, and Detroit but unless they magically fix the issues they've got over night I can't really see them running the table to go 10-6 or 11-5 like I can see Carolina doing. I think the Saints will go 8-8 or 9-7 but I can't see them getting ten wins. [/quote
Yeah, and Drew Brees is the MVP? exactly my point.

Quote:
Less than 50% of his passes have been completed, he's thrown 7INTs, 9 TDs and fumbled 7 times. H'es not playing well, he's not even playing averagely he's playing terribly.
Braylon Edwards leads the NFL in dropped passes, Braylon Edwards cost them the game yesterday, he dropped a 50+ yard touchdown toss from Anderson which hit him in the hands and he pulled a Braylon and added to his league leading drop rate and amount.

Quote:
There's another 8 games and you don't think that in one of those games Stanton will be given a few snaps? Call me crazy, but with a new front office coming in, they'll want to know their commodities, new front offices have a habit of cleaning house.
8 Games, Orlovsky has played well and they just brought in Culpepper...there's a reason that Stanton hasn't taken the headset off this season, not even when Kitna went down, they didn't even consider Stanton, he's not getting in, it would take Culpepper and Orlovsky being hurt. Him possibly taking a few kneel downs at the end of a game is the only 'chance' he'll get, which isn't a chance at all.

Quote:
Mayo hasn't done anything BUT tackle. He hasn't been used to blitz, or to cover almost at all. At this pace he'll record 120 tackles, no sacks, no forced fumbles, no PDef, no INTs. He's not a rookie of the year.

As much as your homerlove Lofton he isn't either.
Does it matter, how much did Mr. Texas do a couple of years ago other than tackle? It's an award BUILT for a LINEBACKER, it's where it goes unless there's a Julius Peppers type performance, 2 interceptions is NOT going to win the award, not even get him looked at or a sniff. Curtis Lofton has Forced Fumbles, Sacks, pass deflections, and generally brings the pain on everyone who comes his way. It's not a homer love, it's the fact that he's 2nd in rookies in tackles and his play is only getting better week in and week out and he was already in the conversation, going to take more than 2 INTS to quell that.
Quote:
Flowers stats might look impressive and that might be why you think I picked him, but it isn't I saw KC vs Carolina, KC v Tampa and KC v Denver and in every game he worked his but off and played extremely well no matter what was asked of him. He's the best rookie on defense I've seen all year.
I watched the Falcons KC game, he looked GREAT in that game, lmao. Give me a break. I'm glad he's had a couple good games, I'm pulling for the kid as I'm a Va Tech fan, but he's just not going to win the defensive rookie of the year award if he finishes on the same pace as he has to start the year.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
did Blindsite just pwn Iloxigenil in the face? i think so

btw Orlovsky is out indefinitely so its either stanton or henson starting this week for the lions
Did it hurt you to think? Cause he went 0fer in his points against me, see later post. Fail. Just quit, all the trying in the world wont get you a win against the Falcons earlier this season, and it won't make me wrong about Hester being a non-factor in the game. Suck it up.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't agree with you saying Haynesworth is the best defensive player and its not even close. Kris Jenkins has been dominating just as much as Haynesworth, sure he doesn't have the sacks, but Haynesworth doesn't play 3-4 NT either. Trent Dilfer agrees with me on this one, he said Jenkins is the best NT in football right now, and is as dominant as any defensive player right now.
Whats even more impressive is that Jenkins got his big contract, Haynesworth is playing with his contract year fire still.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So, the fact that he leads the team in receptions as well is not withstanding here? Good to see that rushing is all running backs have to do....
I like Forte I've sung his praises a lot, but I don't think he's better than Johnson or Ryan... I also think that not getting over 100 yards against some of the team's the bears have played is a little unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I said they weren't out of it, but its going to take a miracle for them to win it. Drew Brees cannot win the MVP award without his team making the playoffs, which isn't happening. SO that's it.
There's no rule in the MVP award that the player's team has to make it to the playoffs. Brees is on pace to pass for 5,126 yards, do you have any idea what kind of feat that is? It will be an NFL record. The only way he doesn't get the MVP is if Portis gets 2000 yards. THAT being said. This is my first half MVP accompanied by my predictions for the future. Right now Brees is the MVP, imagine where his team would be without him...

Quote:
Brett has led 2 4th quarter comebacks this season already, had a CAREER game with 6 touchdowns...people remember how bad this team was last year? They have made changes, but Brett has been more than average in New York.
He might have lead two fourth quarter come backs but he won one of them with a hail mary prayer ball which he doesn't deserve credit for and he hasn't been the Brett of old. Last year he was in contention for the MVP award. This year he's not even in contention for the probowl. He's not even performing in the top 2 of his division... He's floundering.

Quote:
Braylon Edwards leads the NFL in dropped passes, Braylon Edwards cost them the game yesterday, he dropped a 50+ yard touchdown toss from Anderson which hit him in the hands and he pulled a Braylon and added to his league leading drop rate and amount.
So? Exactly how many dropped balls does Edwards have? He's about to be benched for Quinn. You lose. Accept it.

Don't believe me: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...isJtQD947R3A80

Quote:
8 Games, Orlovsky has played well and they just brought in Culpepper...there's a reason that Stanton hasn't taken the headset off this season, not even when Kitna went down, they didn't even consider Stanton, he's not getting in, it would take Culpepper and Orlovsky being hurt. Him possibly taking a few kneel downs at the end of a game is the only 'chance' he'll get, which isn't a chance at all.
Orlovsky is out indefinitely there's 8 games, if Culpepper comes in and stinks out the joint for six games do you really think the last two games they won't try him out for at least a half?

Until all 16 games are up, Stanton is released or placed on IR, this remains a push... Every year poor teams give every QB on their roster a chance to spark something.

Quote:
Does it matter, how much did Mr. Texas do a couple of years ago other than tackle? It's an award BUILT for a LINEBACKER, it's where it goes unless there's a Julius Peppers type performance, 2 interceptions is NOT going to win the award, not even get him looked at or a sniff. Curtis Lofton has Forced Fumbles, Sacks, pass deflections, and generally brings the pain on everyone who comes his way. It's not a homer love, it's the fact that he's 2nd in rookies in tackles and his play is only getting better week in and week out and he was already in the conversation, going to take more than 2 INTS to quell that.
Sorry, Loftonzzz is the bezzzt linebackerz to comeout since LTzz

Quote:
I watched the Falcons KC game, he looked GREAT in that game, lmao. Give me a break. I'm glad he's had a couple good games, I'm pulling for the kid as I'm a Va Tech fan, but he's just not going to win the defensive rookie of the year award if he finishes on the same pace as he has to start the year.
Brandon Flowers has been the best rookie in the first half of the season. I don't care if you want to recognise that or not. He's been better than Mayo, better than Talib, Better than Lofton.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Forte I've sung his praises a lot, but I don't think he's better than Johnson or Ryan... I also think that not getting over 100 yards against some of the team's the bears have played is a little unusual.
Thats really not his fault though. Ron Turner is so ****** its not even funny. Against Detroit, Forte was beasting but he still had drives where he let ******* Grossman pass 3 times for an 3 and out.

btw Matt Forte is such a blocking beast its not even funny

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree he's probably the most complete of all the rookie class. I'd like to see him given some help though he's gonna flame out if he continues carrying the rock as much as he is.

He's on pace for 400 touches.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:

There's no rule in the MVP award that the player's team has to make it to the playoffs. Brees is on pace to pass for 5,126 yards, do you have any idea what kind of feat that is? It will be an NFL record. The only way he doesn't get the MVP is if Portis gets 2000 yards. THAT being said. This is my first half MVP accompanied by my predictions for the future. Right now Brees is the MVP, imagine where his team would be without him...

He might have lead two fourth quarter come backs but he won one of them with a hail mary prayer ball which he doesn't deserve credit for and he hasn't been the Brett of old. Last year he was in contention for the MVP award. This year he's not even in contention for the probowl. He's not even performing in the top 2 of his division... He's floundering.

So? Exactly how many dropped balls does Edwards have? He's about to be benched for Quinn. You lose. Accept it.

Don't believe me: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...isJtQD947R3A80

Orlovsky is out indefinitely there's 8 games, if Culpepper comes in and stinks out the joint for six games do you really think the last two games they won't try him out for at least a half?

Until all 16 games are up, Stanton is released or placed on IR, this remains a push... Every year poor teams give every QB on their roster a chance to spark something.

Sorry, Loftonzzz is the bezzzt linebackerz to comeout since LTzz

Brandon Flowers has been the best rookie in the first half of the season. I don't care if you want to recognise that or not. He's been better than Mayo, better than Talib, Better than Lofton.

I've watched BF and haven't ben as impressed with him as I have Horton. Anyone that watched the Steelers game last night saw that Horton was one of the only bright signs on the whole entire roster last night. If he was a 1st or 2nd round pick there wouldn't even be a discussion..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote