Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i like to think of it in a simpler way: Cover 2 sucks.
Yeah not a fan of the C2 zone base defense. I like the style the Eagles and our team uses on defense. For a 3-4 I love Blitzburgh, with Dick laBeau. He is one of my all time favorite Dcs.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats fine, just keep sleeping on Forte.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Yeah not a fan of the C2 zone base defense. I like the style the Eagles and our team uses on defense. For a 3-4 I love Blitzburgh, with Dick laBeau. He is one of my all time favorite Dcs.
Ive always said from day 1 that my favorite defenses are the 3-4 (both the Parcells 2 gap 3-4, and LeBeau's ZB 3-4), and the 46 and its variations.

Never a big fan of Cover 2. Although I do like the Bears defense a lot. And the Titans and Vikings. But their defenses aren't real Tampa 2 defenses to me.

Also, as much as I rip Cover 2, i don't really despise it anymore. I learned to appreciate its beauty. Its still not my cup of tea though.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
the team wears the jordy badge
I wear Jordy Nelson sponsored condoms when doin the old lady. It makes me feel more like a man.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ive always said from day 1 that my favorite defenses are the 3-4 (both the Parcells 2 gap 3-4, and LeBeau's ZB 3-4), and the 46 and its variations.

Never a big fan of Cover 2. Although I do like the Bears defense a lot. And the Titans and Vikings. But their defenses aren't real Tampa 2 defenses to me.

Also, as much as I rip Cover 2, i don't really despise it anymore. I learned to appreciate its beauty. Its still not my cup of tea though.
It's system is based on under sized speed guys. You can run a boat load of 4-3 fronts too. From 4-3, 4-3 over, under, wide, stacked, and so on.. The list goes on, and then run C2 zone, C 2 man, C2 soft, C2 hard and so on too.

So you can do alot of different things with the system, but I am not a fan of the personnel for the system, and the Cbs aren't aggressive enough. Collison, funnel, sink, isn't my favorite for teaching Cbs.

Another element is predicated upon the front 4 for a good pass rush, while the Lbs spot drop and cover the funneled skill players. The system is't quite what I like and no amount of stats will convince me. I am not saying it's not good, I just don't personally like it.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

As long as the Tampa 2 continues to deliver top 10 Ds in.....Tampa. I am content.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
As long as the Tampa 2 continues to deliver top 10 Ds in.....Tampa. I am content.
Well you guys have a legend as a DC. In my opinion there are 3 legend DCs out there. Jim Johnson, Dick LaBeau, and Monte Kiffin. All of them with different systems but productive. It's alot harder though to duplicate the personnel with a Tampa 2, but alot easier to learn.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its a shame that the Jets don't throw to Keller that much, hes definitely the top receiving TE in the draft. He showed so much promise but we don't use him often. Hes going to be a stud in the NFL for a long time though.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I completely endorse this message.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Have to throw in Chris Horton
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If McFadden didnt have 2 turf toes, he would be on every1's list

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

He hasn't done enough yet to warrant making the list and it might be too late to catch up with other guys but I think by the end of the season Jamaal Charles might deserve an honorable mention. He just had his first 100 yard game against Tampa Bay, a team who had not given up 100 yards to a single rusher all season. Larry Johnson is out for at least one more game and Kolby Smith is going on IR. I question if Charles can handle too heavy of a workload but so far he is doing great with a 5.7 ypc average on 47 carries. Not too bad behind a crappy offensive line. He is also probably already one of the best pass blocking backs on our team.

On another note, it's good to see Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr make some lists. The two have been pretty damn good as rookie starters, especially considering our defense has only 4 sacks on the season. They are left on an island every single game and they have held up pretty well.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too early for Charles but I do agree that he is by far and away our best pass blocking back. No question there.

And yeah, I'm happily surprised to see both Carr and Flowers on there. It's very difficult to start at CB as a rookie and we have two. Every week teams attack them over and over and while they are making some rookie mistakes, they're definitely not playing like rookies. Very hopeful for those two being our two starting corners for many years.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
We run base Cover 2?

*stops to think for a second*

...Dang, I forgot what they do. Last year, it was 92 Haynesworth defense. Usually announcers refer to it as, "Hey, Jeff Fisher...with Ditka...4-6 Bear Rawr!"

Maybe we do run a Cover 2? We never blitz...our DB's are the Top 4 leading tacklers...we rely on the front 4 to pressure the QB...we take a lot of Indy's players like David Thornton and Nick Harper...

My God...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
We run base Cover 2?

*stops to think for a second*

...Dang, I forgot what they do. Last year, it was 92 Haynesworth defense. Usually announcers refer to it as, "Hey, Jeff Fisher...with Ditka...4-6 Bear Rawr!"

Maybe we do run a Cover 2? We never blitz...our DB's are the Top 4 leading tacklers...we rely on the front 4 to pressure the QB...we take a lot of Indy's players like David Thornton and Nick Harper...

My God...
Bosh and Haynesworth together in their primes are the closest thing to Rice and Sapp since they were separated.

You run a base Cover 2. Make no mistake. (Sounds more like a pure T2)
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:35 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, no Tampa 2. I'm sure of that. The Titans DEF plays just as much man as they do zone, and the DL's philosophy is unique.

You hear so much about the emphasis on dominant UT's and WLB's in the Tampa 2. In the Jim Schwartz era, Tony Brown has been our best UT in recent memory, and while Keith Bulluck is great, he's been kept at SLB.

Then again, remember that I, one of the Titans Team Leaders, didn't know what type of base DEF the Titans run, so I could totally be wrong on this... ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah but Herm Edwards is your coach.

Womp Womp Womp.

lmao but seriously, I liked Flowers a lot. I actually liked him as a FS. he'd be a monster FS too.

Someone from the Giants team board brought that idea up, I forgot who.
That might be where the Chiefs are going at the end of the season since their FS, Jarrad Page, is a FA.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same defensive philosophy that won the Steelers 4 SB in the 70s.

Quote:
You know who gets no love from last year's safety class? Tanard Jackson.

I forgot about Godfrey, good call on that.
I loved Tanard Jackson last year as a S for a Cover 2 team and he's proven me right.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:30 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
That might be where the Chiefs are going at the end of the season since their FS, Jarrad Page, is a FA.
Uhhh, no. Page will only be an RFA, I see no reason he won't return. We also drafted Dajuan Morgan in the 3rd round this year. Why the hell would we move Flowers away from corner when he is doing pretty damn good there? Makes no sense at all.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:06 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FB: Peyton Hillis
OT: Ryan Clady
WR: Eddie Royal

those 3 should be on everyone's lists
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

If anyone would like to know of a rookie DT that's playing well that's not the two 1st RD DT's in Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis (I'm thinking those guys are default just because of their draft position rather than their production or performance), Jason Jones has been playing very well at UT for the Titans. He was able to break into the DT rotation behind Haynesworth and Tony Brown. He's notched 1.5 sacks, 19 total tackles, and 2 PD's as a backup. That's better than Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey, who are starters (though Dorsey has more tackles and a FF, he has 0 sacks).

My team:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Chris Johnson
WR: Eddie Royal
WR: Desean Jackson
TE: John Carlson
OL: Exempt

DE: Chris Long
DT: Jason Jones
DT: Marcus Harrison
DE: Kendall Langford
OLB: Brian Kehl
MLB: Jerod Mayo
OLB: Keith Rivers (IR)
CB: Brandon Flowers
CB: Tracy Porter (IR)
FS: Tyrell Johnson
SS: Chris Horton

I tried my best to go off the beaten path for some positions in order to give a little recognition to the player who are playing well, but just a tad bit off from the leader at his position. Named some guys who are on IR now, but were playing quite well before their injury.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Too early for Charles but I do agree that he is by far and away our best pass blocking back. No question there.

And yeah, I'm happily surprised to see both Carr and Flowers on there. It's very difficult to start at CB as a rookie and we have two. Every week teams attack them over and over and while they are making some rookie mistakes, they're definitely not playing like rookies. Very hopeful for those two being our two starting corners for many years.
Pfft, and some people questioned his ability to block.

Jamaal Football is gonna make the Cheaps look very smart (as tough as that may seem).
Old 11-04-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I don't think that's a fair assessment of the current situation. Neither DeSean nor Royal were projected to be great #1 receivers, due to lack of size (The smaller you are, the easier it is to cover you). As such assumptions were made, they have not been proven wrong - neither DeSean nor Royal have been covered by #1 corners yet. Meanwhile, both have had more opportunities to succeed than any of the other receivers thus far.

Also two things to remember:

Obviously not everyone thought they would be to small/frail to succeed in the NFL because they both were picked up in the second round.

And, we're only 8 games into their rookie year - in 2-5 years we may all be saying Thomas / Kelly / Sweed / Hardy are the top 4 receivers in the league :P (obviously a stretch, just making a point)

Deangelo Hall could start for ALOT of teams, and Royal made him look like a joke....

and Clady has not allowed a sack all season, and i believe 1 penalty...he is def. a nod on the rookie team
Old 11-04-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Deangelo Hall could start for ALOT of teams, and Royal made him look like a joke....

and Clady has not allowed a sack all season, and i believe 1 penalty...he is def. a nod on the rookie team
Yeah, Hall could start for alot of teams which is why he is going to be released.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

QB- Matt Ryan
RB- Chris Johnson
RB- Matt Forte
FB- Peyton Hillis
WR- Eddie Royal
WR- DeSean Jackson
TE- John Carlson
OT- Ryan Clady
OT- Jake Long
OG- Branden Albert
OG- Jeremy Zuttah
C- ?

DE- Kendall Langford
DT- Glen Dorsey
DT- Marcus Harrison
DE- Chris Long
LB- Curtis Lofton
LB- Jerod Mayo
LB- Bryan Kehl
CB- Aqib Talib
CB- Brandon Flowers
SS- Chris Horton
FS- Kenny Phillips

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote