Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Oh Clinton, Where Art Thou?

It has been a question that has gone unanswered for years. Both teams have had the ability to argue that one got the better end of the deal. I think we finally have a definite answer. Who got the better end of the deal in the Portis/ Bailey blockbuster?The Washington Redskins did.

After years of being convinced that Portis would never return to his Bronco form, and that the Broncos had won out on the trade deal, it has became clear that C.P. has returned to his old form, and that the Broncos got a hall of famer who couldn't do it on his own. C-Po might have lost half a step straight line, but he certainly hasn't lost anything else. He is leading the NFL in rushing, and is on pace to run for 1888 yards and 14 Touchdowns.

Now, before I tell you all about how Portis is more valuable then Bailey, know that no matter what anyone says about Asomugha, Bailey is still hands down the best corner in the NFL. If you disagree, it is simply because you do not watch the Denver Broncos, and you make assesments based off stats. Bailey is literally the team's best form tackler, is better in run support then any of our linebackers not named DJ Williams, and is still the most dominant cover corner in this league. Sure he has 1 pick, but he has been tested literally about 10 times this season, less then his historic season with 10 picks. Bailey has 32 tackles, 25 of those likely from run support and special teams, where he has prevented 2 or 3 touchdowns. Has he lost a step? God no, just watch him play, stop assuming that less INT's = lost step.

However, this is not a homer thread. This is a thread to acknowledge that the Washington Redskins won out on that deal. It has been over half a decade, and the trade can now be evaluated. Bailey may have developed into a top 3 corner ever, but the fact of the matter is, not once has this defensive unit been unbelievable, and not once has he single handedly carried this team. He is the best defensive player in the AFC, and I am prepared to defend that, but he is not as valuable as Clinton Portis. Portis would have touched the ball some 20-30 times a game as a Broncos, and the Broncos may have even won a Superbowl had we kept Clinton. The fact of the matter is, Bailey is out injured for a few more weeks, our defense continues to suffer, and this quite possibly is the worst 4-4 team in the history of the nfl.

So... share your opinnions.. who won the deal? Agree or disagree?

Last edited by Jimmy : 11-03-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both are amazing players and in the upper echelon of their respective positions before and after the deal.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My opinion? My opinion is that you are a homer, my friend, if you cannot admit to yourself that Asomugha is better then Bailey.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Redskins won this trade because, after the trade they quickly loaded up on talented young DBs and haven't lost much in their secondary despite the lack of Champ. they made a good trade and what made them get the better end of the deal was the moves they made after the fact.

that said, it'd be hard to call them the 'winner' because that would imply the broncos were the loser of the deal and i don't believe that to be the case. worked out well for both teams.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
My opinion? My opinion is that you are a homer, my friend, if you cannot admit to yourself that Asomugha is better then Bailey.
its just not true though. anyone who says he is has jumped a bandwagon. and why is it that the only people that think he's lost a step are the people that never actually see him play? funny.... and chances are you haven't even watched champ play unless your team played him. so stop judging by trends, interception numbers, and watch a game. great corners are not defined by interception numbers, age, or how well the rest of their respective secondary plays. great corners are defined by how well they lock up their man, what they do in run support, if they make plays when the ball comes to them, and bailey wins all of those categories. all the haters can argue that asomugha is better now, but your only argument is interception numbers.

Last edited by Jimmy : 11-03-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Broncos got the better of the deal. The Redskins have missed out on more coverage, than the Broncos have missed running game.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
its just not true though. anyone who says he is has jumped a bandwagon. lets stop this argument, thats not what the tread is about.

Bandwagon? How about the fact that your shades cover up what's true, and I don't wear shades bud.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Bandwagon? How about the fact that your shades cover up what's true, and I don't wear shades bud.
shades? is acutally watching a player play homerism? you've never even seem him play, so watch him, or be quiet. you go by what the crowd says, and by interception numbers, and that's it. and you can't deny it, because everyone on this forum knows its true. that's the only thing nfl corners will ever be judged by in the public eye, and its sad the average fan hasn't seen him play outside games against their own team, so think about htat.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie

Quote:
shades? is acutally watching a player play homerism? you've never even seem him play, so watch him, or be quiet. you go by what the crowd says, and the average fan hasn't seen him play outside games against their own team, so think about htat.

By any chance, do you own a pair?

Old 11-03-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

I would say in terms of talent being exchanged the deal was a push, when the trade was made both teams essentially patched a hole while opening a new one.

However in terms of who the trade benefited the most without a doubt the redskins, Shannahan although a great coach believes that RBs are more a product of a system and that he can get by with average talent (mike bell, tatum bell, mike anderson) however that theory has come to a crashing halt the last 2 seasons, the Broncos have made no progress in replacing Portis.

The Redskins however responded quickly picking up players like Springs and Smoot and drafting Taylor, Landry and Rogers to help strengthen their secondary.

Overall i would say a push but the trade benefitted the skins alot more because of their drafting and ability to fill the hole.
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well considering Champ announced his full intentions to walk to Free Agency the next summer getting anything would already be a good trade for us, but to get a stud RB was just icing on the cake. Trust me we had Trung Cadidate before Portis and he is the first guy I have seen who got 20+ carries for a full season and finished with like 700 yards rushing. Trading Champ also enabled us to sign Springs and no one can argue Springs+Portis>>>>>Bailey+Candidate. Also people talk as if Portis just bust out this year. Since he was traded to us he has consistently been a workhorse top 10 back. Maybe he hasn't been breaking big runs, but he is a hard runner every week. It surprises me that people think he's been terrible since he came to Washington. His first year with the Skins he had over 1300 yards, is that so bad? His second year with Washington he set the Skins single season rushing record with 1500+ yards and 11 TD's. That's right not a single back in Skins history even Riggo or Larry Brown or Stephen Davis rushed for as many yards as CP did in 05. 06 was his only bad year as a skin in which he missed half the season with injury. Last year IMO he deserved a pro bowl spot. He rushed for 1262 yards and 11 TD's. That was good for 3rd best in the NFC. Yes he's stepped up his game this year big time but it's not like he's been a slouch. Where as Champ will be regressing from now on, Portis will haev his best years the next 3-4 years before reaching the running back start of decline. People don't realize but he is the youngest player in NFL history to 8,000 yards. AD will break that but still.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Well considering Champ announced his full intentions to walk to Free Agency the next summer getting anything would already be a good trade for us, but to get a stud RB was just icing on the cake. Trust me we had Trung Cadidate before Portis and he is the first guy I have seen who got 20+ carries for a full season and finished with like 700 yards rushing. Trading Champ also enabled us to sign Springs and no one can argue Springs+Portis>>>>>Bailey+Candidate. Also people talk as if Portis just bust out this year. Since he was traded to us he has consistently been a workhorse top 10 back. Maybe he hasn't been breaking big runs, but he is a hard runner every week. It surprises me that people think he's been terrible since he came to Washington. His first year with the Skins he had over 1300 yards, is that so bad? His second year with Washington he set the Skins single season rushing record with 1500+ yards and 11 TD's. That's right not a single back in Skins history even Riggo or Larry Brown or Stephen Davis rushed for as many yards as CP did in 05. 06 was his only bad year as a skin in which he missed half the season with injury. Last year IMO he deserved a pro bowl spot. He rushed for 1262 yards and 11 TD's. That was good for 3rd best in the NFC. Yes he's stepped up his game this year big time but it's not like he's been a slouch. Where as Champ will be regressing from now on, Portis will haev his best years the next 3-4 years before reaching the running back start of decline. People don't realize but he is the youngest player in NFL history to 8,000 yards. AD will break that but still.
I don't think there is anyone denying the fact that Clinton Portis was very good for you all since the start, and now playing at an All-Pro level, but you have to realize what you gave away with Champ. He was the best at his craft, at the second hardest position (imo) to play in the NFL, and second place wasn't even close. What the Broncos have achieved as a team is irrelevant as to who got the better of the deal, because Bailey has been the best for a very long time, and just now is being surpassed by other younger guys.

The fact of the matter is that the Broncos haven't had a RB like Portis because they have chosen not to have one. I've always felt that production from the RB position is the easiest to replace, therefore i feel the Broncos got the better of the deal.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
shades? is acutally watching a player play homerism? you've never even seem him play, so watch him, or be quiet. you go by what the crowd says, and by interception numbers, and that's it. and you can't deny it, because everyone on this forum knows its true. that's the only thing nfl corners will ever be judged by in the public eye, and its sad the average fan hasn't seen him play outside games against their own team, so think about htat.
How do you know he's never seen Bailey play? Because he has a different opinion than yours? Asomugha was thrown at less than any corner in the NFL last year. I believe he also had the highest success rate of any starting corner. Maybe it's you who hasn't seen Nnamdi play...

Also, Nnamdi has 0 interception this year, 1 last year, and 8 the year before (9 over the last 2.5 years). Champ has 1 this year, 3 last year, and 10 the year before (14 over the last 2.5 years). Maybe it's you who is judging by interception numbers...

That said, I think Denver got the better end of the deal. An elite corner is more valuable than an elite running back.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. I disagree completely. Champ Bailey was the best CB in the league for a good amount of time. Portis was a very good RB.

Its MUCH MUCH harder to find a shutdown lockdown CB than a very good RB. RBs are every where. Even an RBC can succeed in place of a dominant RB. But a shut down corner is irreplaceable. Even with the Skins replacing Champ with a stock full of CBs, it wouldve been much easier to simply replace Portis with a solid RB. On top of that, it would be more cost effective as well.

So no matter what way you cut it, the Broncos made the better deal.

A CB like Champ Bailey is a priceless commodity. A RB like Clinton Portis is not. Simple as that.

The best rush attack in the league uses 3 running backs that were either a 4th round pick, a 7th round pick, or a UDFA. RBs are easy to find.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That said, I think Denver got the better end of the deal. An elite corner is more valuable than an elite running back.
Completely agree, great corners are harder to find than RBs. Plus Denver got a 2nd rounder as well.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should have drafted jared allen
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame what Denver is doing. They are going further and further from the run game and now basically making Jay Cutler a wild gunslinger. He would be so much better with a consistent run game. I really think they should think about investing in an atleast above average RB.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry but Bailey is better than Nnamdi, i mean his ability to cover is just amazing and he might be getting old but he still might be one of the best CBs at breaking routes, Nnamdi is a close second but Bailey is better

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
It's a shame what Denver is doing. They are going further and further from the run game and now basically making Jay Cutler a wild gunslinger. He would be so much better with a consistent run game. I really think they should think about investing in an atleast above average RB.
If they give him a defense that can protect leads first.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both teams filled a weakness, but opened up another glaring one. Denver, especially on Sunday, has not had a consistent running game. The last time we did, it was Bell and Anderson, and we went to the AFCCG. Of course, Bailey was a big big reason we got there as well, but who knows what would happen if we had anything resembling a running game since then. In Washington, while CP was injured, and they had zero reliable healthy corners, I bet they wish they had Champ back. This year, not so much. And IMO we'd love CP back, because our defense could not get much worse even if we didn't have Champ, whereas a competent runner could really help our ailing offense. So, for the past few years, I'd say we had a slight edge, but this year, CP is tearing it up, and Washington is winning decisively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Eh Carlos Rogers is playing at a pro bowl level and Smoot is solid. We aren't suffering that much, only Shawn Springs is. But yeah would have loved to have Champ two years prior.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares who "won"? Both teams got a great deal.

Denver got great value for a runner that they didn't require to run their ground attack and Washington got the runner through which to guide their offense.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
If they give him a defense that can protect leads first.
Very true, but a runner would help control the clock to GET the lead. I think we're in a tough situation, because only 2 starters on D are any good(Dumervil should be a great situational guy, not a starter), and we NEED a RB. I think we need to go RB in round 1, and defense the rest of the way, while bringing in as many defensive FAs as we can.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I was giving Denver Steve Slaton in most of my mocks last year, he would be beastly on the Broncos. You could even look at guys like JJ Arrington or Darren Sproles.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No. I disagree completely. Champ Bailey was the best CB in the league for a good amount of time. Portis was a very good RB.

Its MUCH MUCH harder to find a shutdown lockdown CB than a very good RB. RBs are every where. Even an RBC can succeed in place of a dominant RB. But a shut down corner is irreplaceable. Even with the Skins replacing Champ with a stock full of CBs, it wouldve been much easier to simply replace Portis with a solid RB. On top of that, it would be more cost effective as well.

So no matter what way you cut it, the Broncos made the better deal.

A CB like Champ Bailey is a priceless commodity. A RB like Clinton Portis is not. Simple as that.

The best rush attack in the league uses 3 running backs that were either a 4th round pick, a 7th round pick, or a UDFA. RBs are easy to find.

That's what I was coming to say but you pretty much covered it...Looking back yes it looks balanced because both players are good, but you can find a valuable RB in the middle of the draft who is pro bowl worthy, your not going to get a corner like Champ unless you have a top 10 pick and get lucky, RB's even good ones area dime a dozen, and if you don't have an elite one how many times have we seen a team go get 2 backs who do one thing really well and combine the 2.

Cannot be done with a corner, and locking up one side of the field is priceless...That position itself is gonna carry more weight in a trade at least for me.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote