Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 118
Reputation: 8
Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ah. so it's your argument that he's better because he's better based on nothing. awesome. at least you've "watched him", even though you can't provide any tangible evidence to support that assertion other than that asomugha is better. rocking. why bother posting in the first place if you're completely incapable of supporting your argument with anything more than "i've seen him so i'm right"?

It's kind of my job to be right on stuff like this. So yeah, good enough. But the floor is yours. Let's hear this tangible evidence you have to back up your thoughts.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,882
Reputation: 4562158
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
It's kind of my job to be right on stuff like this. So yeah, good enough. But the floor is yours. Let's hear this tangible evidence you have to back up your thoughts.
The burden of proof is on you, buddy. If it's your job to make these analyzations, i'm not sure how or why you're still employed.
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,055
Reputation: 81488
SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Both are amazing players and in the upper echelon of their respective positions before and after the deal.
This and a mention that Bailey lead the very good D's the Broncos had in '04 and '05.
__________________
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 118
Reputation: 8
Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The burden of proof is on you, buddy. If it's your job to make these analyzations, i'm not sure how or why you're still employed.

What proof can I give? There isn't a real good stat I can use that is tell all. Or even one that's widely accepted. All I can tell you is my opinion from what I've seen and how the players grade out in comparison... which I have Aso above Champ in the ability to lock down a side of the field. Anyone can go and say, so and so is better because he has more INTs or what-not, but that's not how you judge corners.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,882
Reputation: 4562158
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thigamahjigee View Post
What proof can I give? There isn't a real good stat I can use that is tell all. Or even one that's widely accepted. All I can tell you is my opinion from what I've seen and how the players grade out in comparison... which I have Aso above Champ in the ability to lock down a side of the field. Anyone can go and say, so and so is better because he has more INTs or what-not, but that's not how you judge corners.
If you can't explain to me what makes Champ Bailey better/worse than X corner without using numbers, you should give up your argument.
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Thigamahjigee
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 118
Reputation: 8
Thigamahjigee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If you can't explain to me what makes Champ Bailey better/worse than X corner without using numbers, you should give up your argument.

Asomugha has shown on film to be able to isolate one side of the field better than Champ. Now, I'm not saying this is unanimous. Other people don't feel the same way. I'm not saying there's miles between the two, but read the first post of the thread that started this up. Jimmy claims that anyone who thinks Aso is better hasn't watched games and only looks at stats. Those are two things that do not apply to myself, so I challenged him on it saying it's because of his fanhood. Am I going to pull out all these eh numbers, or how one's better then this or this.. no. No need really. I care about the entire body of work when I check out the game. Don't care if you want to play 10 yards off, or press the guy. Just get it done, and my evaluations have Asomugha being better.
Thigamahjigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.