Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC met with Lovie Smith for vacant HC position.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Lovie's brother said that is false...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Early word is that USC is looking for an offensive minded college coach. They do have a list of candidates, and it'll be interesting to see how this progresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Does not compute.

Please take Chad Morris from Clemson.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lovie's brother said that is false...
http://usc.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=2&c=...2f1336078.html
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way, I dont think he would be a good hire...and that doesn't have anything to do with the type of NFL coach I think he is.

Very underrated coach, but is a tampa 2 guy, never been a HC in college, has ZERO personality and I dont think that would go well in LA...or with recruits.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...atlantic-coach

Carl Pelini is out at Florida Atlantic.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Auburn ass kicking was too much?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
The Auburn ass kicking was too much?
Yeah, just needed some ganja to get the asskicking out of his system (allegedly left for pot).
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On The Dan LeBatard Show they were talking about this and how the firing has as much to do with Pelini's 5-15 record as it does this incident. Then they asked "what would Nick Saban have to do to get fired?"
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
On The Dan LeBatard Show they were talking about this and how the firing has as much to do with Pelini's 5-15 record as it does this incident. Then they asked "what would Nick Saban have to do to get fired?"
Lose more than 10 games over 3 seasons.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...atlantic-coach

Carl Pelini is out at Florida Atlantic.
A school like FAU with a big enrollment and a great recruting location should be able to dominate a conference like the Sun Belt. If I were the AD there, the most important attirbute would be a guy will a very good recruiting track record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
A school like FAU with a big enrollment and a great recruting location should be able to dominate a conference like the Sun Belt. If I were the AD there, the most important attirbute would be a guy will a very good recruiting track record.
The FAU job actually kinda scares me...I think they might go after Orgeron. He said he would never leave SC again, but I have to think he would listen to HC offers because he would only be coming back to SC as the D Line coach.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The FAU job actually kinda scares me...I think they might go after Orgeron. He said he would never leave SC again, but I have to think he would listen to HC offers because he would only be coming back to SC as the D Line coach.
Much better chance they go after James Coley or Eddie Gran. Both are good South Florida recruiters and FAU contacted both before hiring Pelini.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Much better chance they go after James Coley or Eddie Gran. Both are good South Florida recruiters and FAU contacted both before hiring Pelini.
Yeah, I just think it might be intriguing for Ed being a Southeast guy and what not.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could Mario Cristobal be a possibility for FAU?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Could Mario Cristobal be a possibility for FAU?
That's the first name I thought of. He did reasonably well at FIU (which is good for such a school), he is familiar with the area, and I'm sure spending a year under Nick Saban isn't going to hurt his chances. I feel he was prematurely fired from FIU and this would be a nice way for the Owls to stick it to their "rival."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the FAU job is beneath Cristobal, he could do a lot better.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Except that nobody in Boca Raton gives a monkey's anus about FAU. The U can barely draw a crowd. FAU and FIU might as well not even exist.

They do have a pretty new stadium though. So that helps.

Also, they are in Conference USA now, not the Sun Belt.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I think the FAU job is beneath Cristobal, he could do a lot better.
No he couldn't. He was 27-47 in his shot as a head coach. What large program is going to hire him?

Old 11-01-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No he couldn't. He was 27-47 in his shot as a head coach. What large program is going to hire him?
He did a great job when you consider the circumstances. He took over a winless FIU team and eventually led them to the school's first ever bowl appearance and back to back bowls. He generated more buzz in the school's brand then there had ever been before. He had one bad season which was because they were installing a new offense and the AD used that as a reason to fire him, and that pissed off a bunch of people. Cristobal and the AD apparently didn't get along. You can't use his record as a measure of how good of a head coach he would be, considering where that program was when he took over it and where he took it.

He was offered the Pitt and Rutgers jobs and those are the types of jobs I think he has a shot to land. Schools with openings, similar to Pitt and Rutgers' from a couple years ago, aren't going to look at one year of bad results because of a scheme change and all of a sudden decide he's not worthy. He still brings his recruiting ties to South Florida and his skills as a recruiter too. Plus he's now got Nick Saban to vouch for him. He's always been a very desirable head coaching candidate because of his leadership and ability to lead a football program.

To cite his record at FIU for the reason he shouldn't be hired by a program bigger than FAU and not look at his full body of work/resume is misguided.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 11-01-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Rumors are that FAU is interested in Fickell.

Please be true.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
He did a great job when you consider the circumstances. He took over a winless FIU team and eventually led them to the school's first ever bowl appearance and back to back bowls. He generated more buzz in the school's brand then there had ever been before.
Dude we're talking about a program that has literally been around for a decade.

Quote:
He was offered the Pitt and Rutgers jobs and those are the types of jobs I think he has a shot to land. Schools with openings, similar to Pitt and Rutgers' from a couple years ago, aren't going to look at one year of bad results because of a scheme change and all of a sudden decide he's not worthy.
Yes, they absolutely are. This is how the job market works in major athletics. He'll need to reprove himself before making the jump from offensive line coach to head coach at a BCS program.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Reports coming out that USC is going to make an offer to Gruden to make him the highest paid coach in college football...

...I really don't wanna go down this road. Every big opening in CFB has Gruden's name linked to them. Usually just a bunch of crap because in reality the guy prolly won't coach again unless its in the NFL, and hes also the GM.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Yeah I wouldn't worry. USC frankly can't afford to pay a coach the 6-7 million a year it would take to get Gruden.