Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mass shut the **** up about Florida State, nobody cares.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a reason college football gives out Mythical titles. We only have 2, but there 5-6 other years we were easily the best team in CFB but lost out because of the broken process to award titles, with this year looking like another one because idiots in the preseason decided Alabama and Oregon were the best teams and even though they haven't proved it in 2013 they get the benefit of the doubt because of their preseason rankings.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
There is a reason college football gives out Mythical titles. We only have 2, but there 5-6 other years we were easily the best team in CFB but lost out because of the broken process to award titles, with this year looking like another one because idiots in the preseason decided Alabama and Oregon were the best teams and even though they haven't proved it in 2013 they get the benefit of the doubt because of their preseason rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me again why titles from 1936 through Title IX's implementation have any value?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Mass shut the **** up about Florida State, nobody cares.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tell me again why titles from 1936 through Title IX's implementation have any value?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sickwithit is just going scoreboard. Hard to argue against that.

I can see the love for coach O and I understand the though of just rolling with him, but we all know that wouldn't be the best move. He says he wants to stick around so there isn't a fear of losing him. A great guy to keep in your program but not a HC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Sickwithit is just going scoreboard. Hard to argue against that.

I can see the love for coach O and I understand the though of just rolling with him, but we all know that wouldn't be the best move. He says he wants to stick around so there isn't a fear of losing him. A great guy to keep in your program but not a HC.
Yeah I have said it in the posts that right now he is the emotional favorite. The team would run through a wall for him and the guy is putting the program on his back. He is relentlessly recruiting as well as taking on the head coaching duties and what not. He has said he will listen to HC offers if they came, but wouldn't leave for just any job.

Obviously from an X's and O's standpoint he is not the best hire. As long as Coach O is in the program thats all I care about.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously this thread is cursed by the internet ghost of SuperKevin.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Learn something new everyday: I had no idea Minnesota was ever good at football.

Also, I can't wait for TCU to fire anyone associated with our offense this off-season and have us hire Jimmie Dougherty from San Jose State.

Last edited by Shreckart : 11-05-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota owned football back when being a Nazi was cool.

I hope there's no correlation.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you wanna talk historic powers? We ******* invented college football. Suck it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

So there are reports coming out that JOHN Harbaugh wants to coach in the college game. The reports also stating that USC, Texas and Michigan are going to pursue him.

I think it might be ********, but this "source" claims that USC is going to offer him a deal of 5 years for 40 million...which is much more than the 6 million a year we stated we would pay. I know Harbaugh is one of the best in biz but damn thats a lot of coin haha.

Would be interesting if it has any legs.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If I could get paid NFL money to coach in college, why wouldn't you? Job security in the NFL is a joke and the hours are much worse.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I could get paid NFL money to coach in college, why wouldn't you? Job security in the NFL is a joke and the hours are much worse.
Recruiting and pandering to teenage primadonnas doesnt sit well with a lot of these coaches. I'm not saying there isn't that also in the NFL but it's a lot different.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be shocked to see him drop down to the college level. This is the first year that he isn't successful and he bolts? I just don't see many NFL good NFL coaches dropping down.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 11-21-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I would be shocked to see him drop down to the college level. This is the first year that he isn't successful and he bolts? I just don't see many NFL good NFL coaches dropping down.
I dont either, heres the article just for clarification. I dont recognize the guy, and have no idea who the sources are so, like I said...doubt it has legs.

http://www.chatsports.com/texas-long...ach-10-136-455

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Recruiting and pandering to teenage primadonnas doesnt sit well with a lot of these coaches. I'm not saying there isn't that also in the NFL but it's a lot different.
If you're at that level you really don't have to pander. Nick Saban pretty much does whatever he wants. Plus most of the real recruiting is done by the assistant coaches.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
If you're at that level you really don't have to pander. Nick Saban pretty much does whatever he wants. Plus most of the real recruiting is done by the assistant coaches.
Part of me thinks that if Ed O gets promoted to HC he will continue recruiting at an elite level...however part of me is worried he wouldn't recruit as much. Would be interesting to see what happens.

Perfect world, we bring in a big name and keep CEO on staff...but I'm not extremly optimistic about that anymore.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I would love Coach O if he was my HC, but I wouldn't want to pull him off recruiting. He is great at it and as a HC he would have to step back some.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 11-21-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might just make sense if USC cannot get an elite head coach to give Ed O a 2 year contract to have him coach USC through the rest of the sanction disruption and if he performs up to par extend the contract.

Sounds alot better than offering a huge long contract to Kevin Sumlin or a James Franklin type of coach.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I would love Coach O if he was my HC, but I wouldn't want to pull him off recruiting. He is great at it and as a HC he would have to step back some.
I would assume he would just kinda step into a closer type role. What he's always done is kinda dominate SoCal and go down into the South for some big time guys. However, Tee Martin is really becoming an ace recruiter and doing some big things in California and Florida...I'm curious to how this turns out.

People seem to think Sumlin is Haden's top target...and I think he would be a rockstar in LA...him and CEO would be scary together, just don't know if Coach O would buy in after the success he's having.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
It might just make sense if USC cannot get an elite head coach to give Ed O a 2 year contract to have him coach USC through the rest of the sanction disruption and if he performs up to par extend the contract.

Sounds alot better than offering a huge long contract to Kevin Sumlin or a James Franklin type of coach.
I think Sumlin is worth a big contract...however Petersen is and has been my top choice for this job for a while. I think hes a better football coach but Sumlin and CEO teaming up would tear apart the recruiting world.

If we make CEO the head guy it has to be a real contract IMO, a 2 year deal tells recruits we aren't 100% sure he is the guy.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Alabama's 1973, 1964, and 1941 championships are completely bogus by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Harbaugh to Michigan would be interesting, but it seems unlikely. That was supposedly Jim's "dream job" until half the NFL came calling. Their father was also an assistant there, and John went to High School in Ann Arbor.

I don't think he personally has any ties to the school, though. Unless he just really loves Ann Arbor (some people do) I don't see why he would take that gig.

Also, even though Michigan football is turning into a shitshow, I'd be a little bit worried about firing Brady Hoke so soon after firing RichRod. I mean, I'd be thrilled with it if it's one of the Harbaugh brothers or some other really big time coach, but if they're looking at making changes and they ultimately hire another dud, I think it would do more harm than if they gave Hoke a couple more years to try and get things going on the right track. He hasn't been doing THAT BAD on the recruiting front.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote