Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-22-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rutgers could be firing Flood today!!! Please make it so.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
There is a reason college football gives out Mythical titles. We only have 2, but there 5-6 other years we were easily the best team in CFB but lost out because of the broken process to award titles, with this year looking like another one because idiots in the preseason decided Alabama and Oregon were the best teams and even though they haven't proved it in 2013 they get the benefit of the doubt because of their preseason rankings.
We all know that the system for deciding the National Champion is a joke, it has been for years and will be again this year. All we can hope for is that the playoff system starting next year will finally give us a true National Champion or at least some semblance of one.

I've watched college football for over 50 years and I can count on one hand where the true National Champion was decided on the field. Sure, quite often perhaps, the team named National Champion would have won in a fairer system but few ever won it on the field of play.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awesome drive by SJSU to force OT
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Muschamp not getting fired apparently.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Muschamp not getting fired apparently.
Once those LOIs get faxed in Foley might have a sudden change of hart
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I am probably going to come across as a bitter Wisconsin fan, but it is definitely satisfying to see Bret Bielema go 3-9 at Arkansas, including an 0-8 record against his new conference buddies.

Interestingly enough, they were 3-0 at the time that his wife Jen tweeted #karma following the late game officiating debacle resulting in the Badgers' loss at Arizona State.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UF OC Brent Pease fired.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-01-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
UF OC Brent Pease fired.
My guess is out of a cannon.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what's up with Boise State offensive coordinators. Both Harsin and Pease failed when trying to replicate Boise's offensive success at schools in BCS conferences.

Also I had never seen this photo of Pease before.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to implement your offense with someone else's players in two years. It's not like in the NFL when you can overhaul your team that quickly.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Dave Christensen, head coach at Wyoming, to resign.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...wyoming-resign

Old 12-01-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I wonder what's up with Boise State offensive coordinators. Both Harsin and Pease failed when trying to replicate Boise's offensive success at schools in BCS conferences.

Also I had never seen this photo of Pease before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's hard to implement your offense with someone else's players in two years. It's not like in the NFL when you can overhaul your team that quickly.
And Chris Petersen is the one who handles the offense. They aren't the ones running the show, and the ones who have moved on have shown that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://footballrumormill.com/2013/12...e-replacement/

Lane Kiffin said to be a possible candidate for the OC job in Gainsville.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Hahaha that would be so perfect.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-01-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Football rumor mill is about as credible as my Jack Russell.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Football rumor mill is about as credible as my Jack Russell.
Oh I know it is, but I felt like I HAD to post it. :)

Quote:
Old 12-01-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's most difficult to implement your offense when all three quarterbacks on your roster are really, really terrible at playing quarterback. then the one who was only pretty terrible got hurt and so did half the offensive line. I don't think Pease was ever a particularly great choice to run an SEC offense but for as much as he struggled he is getting a little bit of a raw deal
Old 12-01-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/colle...en-sources-say

USC's top candidates are Chris Petersen and James Franklin. Rumors out of SC is that Pat Haden is flying to Boise to meet personally with CP and had interviewed him already in Denver the same weekend that he met with Del Rio.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man Sucks that muschamp isn't getting canned yet but the rest of his staff including Pease is. Thoughts?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dave Christensen, head coach at Wyoming, to resign.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...wyoming-resign
I always felt like Laramie could be the toughest place to play in the country if they installed the right offense. It's at a crazy elevation and that can destroy anyone who isn't fully prepared with like blood thinners and the likes. We went to the Air Force Academy for a track meet and I got altitude sickness. Laramie is even higher and the air is even thinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a rumor that Mike Mularkey could be the next Florida OC. No idea how credible that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Man Sucks that muschamp isn't getting canned yet but the rest of his staff including Pease is. Thoughts?
meh. at this point I've come around to the point of view that it's premature to fire Champ. this season was a disaster for so many reasons but we lost some close games that we probably win if more players are healthy. you also have to consider that we play in the SEC and unless you have some continuity in your coaching you won't succeed for a sustained period of time. we've seen guys like Chizik flare out after their superstar leaves and that's not something I want to see. on top of that, Foley begins to lose credibility if he starts making the Florida head coaching position a three-year trial. it becomes a very hard sell once you start firing guys early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I saw a rumor that Mike Mularkey could be the next Florida OC. No idea how credible that is.
at this point nothing related to that position is really credible
Old 12-02-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Muschamp has been telling recruits the new offense will be up-tempo, no-huddle style. USC offensive coordinator Clay Helton seems to be the hot rumor. I've also seen Jedd Fisch (doubtful at best) and Duke OC Kurt Roper mentioned
Old 12-02-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I don't understand how Jedd Fisch continues to find work.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Shad tweeted that Chris Petersen has withdrawn from the USC coaching search.