Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-02-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
USC offensive coordinator Clay Helton seems to be the hot rumor.
I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But Steve Sarkisian back in?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/colle...teve-sarkisian

Between the two I'd rather have Franklin. 34-29 at Washington vs. 23-15 at Vanderbilt. Pretty easy call.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
But Steve Sarkisian back in?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/colle...teve-sarkisian

Between the two I'd rather have Franklin. 34-29 at Washington vs. 23-15 at Vanderbilt. Pretty easy call.
Yeah, CP withdrawing his name stings bad. I have wanted him from the last time the job opened and it looked very imminent this time.

However, like you said...I am much higher on Franklin than I am Sark. I believe Sark has done a decent job at UW, but I do not think he is ready for USC.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand how Jedd Fisch continues to find work.
He's a really good OC? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Petersen withdraws his name from USC coaching search per Joe Schad at ESPN.

Steve Sarkisian, James Franklin, and Jack Del Rio are top 3 targets.

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what USC expected, honestly. There's a reason why most of the top programs are holding on to their coaches this year.

That's not to say that Kiffin shouldn't have been fired, but the market is pretty bare. I think Franklin would be a solid hire.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He's a really good OC? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He must have been in Miami. He was awful at Minnesota, and Jacksonville is Jacksonville.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not sure what USC expected, honestly. There's a reason why most of the top programs are holding on to their coaches this year.

That's not to say that Kiffin shouldn't have been fired, but the market is pretty bare. I think Franklin would be a solid hire.
I mean typically if you are a program like USC you think you can get just about anyone...so they are trying.

With all that being said a Franklin/Coach O/Tee Martin staff would be electric on the recruiting trail.

I would also make a call to Gus Malzahn, but I don't see him leaving the south. I do make him say no first, though.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

But who is "anyone"? I guess you could kick the tires on Sumlin or Malzahn, but those guys have pretty sweet gigs with lots of job security, money, and recruits.

Chris Petersen already turned down USC once, and UCLA, so again I'm not really sure what they were expecting.

James Franklin would be about as good as USC could have reasonably expected.

This is why Florida is keeping Muschamp and Nebraska is keeping Pelini.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But who is "anyone"? I guess you could kick the tires on Sumlin or Malzahn, but those guys have pretty sweet gigs with lots of job security, money, and recruits.

Chris Petersen already turned down USC once, and UCLA, so again I'm not really sure what they were expecting.

Also why USC should keep Coach O at head coach. The next 2 years are going to be brutal in terms of scholarship players on this Trojan squad. Recruit the hell out of the local recruits in the that time and when a big fish coach comes swimming snag him up.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what makes USC such a draw?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:

That is not true, the job was offered to one person last time.

As embarrassing as that is, its true.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Also why USC should keep Coach O at head coach. The next 2 years are going to be brutal in terms of scholarship players on this Trojan squad. Recruit the hell out of the local recruits in the that time and when a big fish coach comes swimming snag him up.
That's crazy. Franklin has won at Vanderbilt. He can certainly win at USC. There's no reason why you should simply tread water for the time being and set the program back even more.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Access to recruits, tradition, money.

It's still a top-10 coaching job. But it's rare that a coaching search ends with getting a guy that's already well-established as a winner at a big program. Those guys don't leave their jobs all that often.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
That's crazy. Franklin has won at Vanderbilt. He can certainly win at USC. There's no reason why you should simply tread water for the time being and set the program back even more.
He is right in the sense that the depth the next two years will likely be the worst that we have seen at USC unless we can get literally every draft eligible player to stay. Coach O has to at least be on the staff in some capacity for that to happen. However I think Franklin would be given the opportunity to build the team and get it back to 85 before they were to give him the ax.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He is right in the sense that the depth the next two years will likely be the worst that we have seen at USC unless we can get literally every draft eligible player to stay. Coach O has to at least be on the staff in some capacity for that to happen. However I think Franklin would be given the opportunity to build the team and get it back to 85 before they were to give him the ax.
That's fine, but the odds that you'll get a big-name coach the second time around are still really low.

Look at the last few USC hires. A washed-up head coach and a guy who failed with the Raiders and was .500 at Tennessee.

Like I said, there are only so many big name guys out there, and they very rarely leave their jobs.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Traditional power, great facilities, great fan base, great location, great education, beautiful women, great weather.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
great fan base
Eh..........

Old 12-02-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Eh..........
Yeah the fanbase of alums are great, but outside of that and the USC fans that watched through the 90's and sanctions=Bandwagon fair weather fans.

BTW: @ClayTravisBGID: I'm told that as of this morning James Franklin and his reps had not spoken to USC.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh..........
Yeah, our fan base is about as fair - weather as it gets.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Yeah the fanbase of alums are great, but outside of that and the USC fans that watched through the 90's and sanctions=Bandwagon fair weather fans.

BTW: @ClayTravisBGID: I'm told that as of this morning James Franklin and his reps had not spoken to USC.
Vandy's insider from 247 just posted on our page saying he is hearing some different things so thats interesting.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowherd just tweeted Sark to USC. Not sure if that is what he thinks it should be, a prediction, or actual breaking news though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Cowherd just tweeted Sark to USC. Not sure if that is what he thinks it should be, a prediction, or actual breaking news though.
Its starting to be announced by a lot of places, and a team meeting has been scheduled at UW today.

God damn it. Mixed emotions thats for sure.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

@Heismanpundit: So USC fired the worst coach in the Pac-12 so it could hire the second-worst?

@Heismanpundit: Sarkisian apparently fits only requirement for USC job. He knows the Fight Song and is friends with boosters.

@Heismanpundit: There is only one coach in the Pac-12 who has never won 9 games or more in a season in his career. And USC is apparently going to hire him.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Sark to USC it is. My stomach hurts :(

Also be reported Kevin Sumlin lobbied hard for USC job and James Franklin was never interviewed.

Pat ****** Haden folks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...usc-head-coach

Last edited by Punisher : 12-02-2013 at 02:25 PM.