Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I got those mixed up. I just looked at his tenure and for a defensive coach I'm not impressed with his defense. Kind of like Sumlin's offensive prowess being touted that was really all Klingsbury
What are you talking about? Sumlin has been a great offensive coach his whole career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
First off if you change your sig just white out Sarkisian.

My guess is Mora is priority #1 followed by Doug Nussmeier. Mora has always wanted the job. He's always bled Husky purple and been a connection to Don James also. The guy is one of those rarities too that would rather live in Seattle as opposed to LA. Can't say i blame him for that.
You'd have to pay me a million a year to live in LA. Would live in Seattle for much less. Love it there.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
5-7, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, 8-4. Could they hire anyone more average?
No kidding. I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing here.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
You'd have to pay me a million a year to live in LA. Would live in Seattle for much less. Love it there.
Agree. Not the LA type either. I might live around Napa Valley if I had to. Great wine.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
What are you talking about? Sumlin has been a great offensive coach his whole career.
His specialty is defense and he doesn't call the offensive plays. He's had great offenses.

EDIT: I've researched this and found conflicting reports, WHO CALLS THE PLAYS AND SETS UP THE OFFENSE FOR HIS TEAMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 12-02-2013 at 09:27 PM.
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think Sumlin has ever coached defense.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Don't think Sumlin has ever coached defense.
I totally was misinformed and made a mistake there. I apologize to anyone who trusts me for accurate information.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I totally was misinformed and made a mistake there. I apologize to anyone who trusts me for accurate information.
Just don't let it happen again.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So why is Muschamp still a coach but the rest of his staff isn't? So lame Florida .. Get the guy out now. ****...
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank you.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So why is Muschamp still a coach but the rest of his staff isn't? So lame Florida .. Get the guy out now. ****...
you asked this exact thing earlier. coaching choices are slim and this year doesn't give us an accurate evaluation of what muschamp can do. recruiting, future positions, etc. depend on a certain level of continuity as well
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Jim Mora is in Seattle tonight, according to KJR Radio.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Apparently Jim Mora is in Seattle tonight, according to KJR Radio.
Feldman disputed this and Huffman from scout said Mora was in a kids living room for an in home visit today. At the same time, KJR is holding everything close to the vest, since Millen and Mora were roommates in college, so for them to say this on air holds a ton of merit. To summarize, both sides are saying entirely different things.

I have seen reports that say UW's AD met with Mora so I guess that doesn't necessarily mean Seattle.

This entire thing will be near impossible to follow from here out, won't it?

Quote:

Old 12-03-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Orgeron I'd be begging Washington to hire me.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
If I'm Orgeron I'd be begging Washington to hire me.
Not gonna happen.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope you get the chance to have Coach O lead you guys and see how much passion he has about the guys he coaches. Im gonna miss Coach O big time. I got emotional reading all the stuff about his meeting with the team tonight.
A high profile and energetic guy would be perfect and breathe some life into this program. Leading us to the big ten. Be able to keep the talent pool in state. Ugh, he'd be perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
A high profile and energetic guy would be perfect and breathe some life into this program. Leading us to the big ten. Be able to keep the talent pool in state. Ugh, he'd be perfect
He would look good with a spray tan and roid muscles on the Jersey Shore as well.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck Martin, Notre Dame OC, has apparently accepted the Miami (Ohio) head coaching job.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like that hire. Given the salaries in the MAC he may have taken a pay cut as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

CBS reporting Mora is not interested in the Washington job.

Washington is close to falling on hard times again.

By the way, I saw every game of that 0-12 season, and they weren't talent deprived. Locker got hurt, the backup sucked (Ronnie Fouch) and the team gave up because [redacted] was fired and finished out the year. So let's not look at Sark like the greatest coach in UW history who "turned the thing around"

Quote:

Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Well Sark is saying all the right things in his press conference.

USC will be an uptemo no huddle team next year. Will definitely be different to see, but I am excited about it nonetheless.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any P12 people know much about the Oregon St. guy Langsdorf? he hasn't been mentioned in any rumors but his pass offense has been great there and he seems to have a pretty impressive resume. hoping we notice him while looking at some other Pac-12 guys (Helton, Norvell) and bring him in for an interview
Old 12-03-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
any P12 people know much about the Oregon St. guy Langsdorf? he hasn't been mentioned in any rumors but his pass offense has been great there and he seems to have a pretty impressive resume. hoping we notice him while looking at some other Pac-12 guys (Helton, Norvell) and bring him in for an interview
Don't know much about him, but I would be worried if you truly think Helton is coming. I dont think hes ready.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't know much about him, but I would be worried if you truly think Helton is coming. I dont think hes ready.
what worries me is there's a reported/confirmed two(ish) week timeframe for the hire which could potentially give us enough time to let Helton audition through USC's bowl game. I don't know what USC's issues were offensively but they were near the bottom in the Pac-12 for most offensive categories. he just doesn't seem like he'd be a huge upgrade from Pease
Old 12-03-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what worries me is there's a reported/confirmed two(ish) week timeframe for the hire which could potentially give us enough time to let Helton audition through USC's bowl game. I don't know what USC's issues were offensively but they were near the bottom in the Pac-12 for most offensive categories. he just doesn't seem like he'd be a huge upgrade from Pease
Well obviously Kiffin calling plays for the first couple weeks didn't help...but Helton makes zero 2nd half adjustments, very frustrating. We jumped out to good leads in the first half and got lucky we didn't have to score a ton in the 2nd. Stanford was a perfect example, Notre Dame? You would think Lane was still in town.

It sucked because I was so psyched when he finally got the nod because I had always heard how well he did at Memphis but I just saw an offense that never made an adjustment in the 2nd half.

Quote: