Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-15-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
lol in the next 3-5 years, Meyer will be gone to ND and maybe we'll finally get Stoops azz to come back to Gainesville hmm.....
Why would you want Stoops, at least Urban can win the big ones when they matter lol.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
to be honest with you, i would love for him to call plays for us in the title game but realistically speaking he should be with his new school trying to piece the staff together. i don't know when it will come out if he's going to be with us in Miami or not but it needs to have already happened. One thing that i'll be wanting to see is how he's going to piece together his staff. i heard he may take some graduate assistants with him but no word on what's going to happen with the current MSU coaching staff. if you have any info on who he would be wise to keep or let go, please speak on it. I hope the best for Mullen but man he has an uphill battle.
He's cleaned house already. He's hired Mark Hudspeath from North Alabama most likely to be OC where he was head coach and went 66-21 and has 4 straight NCAA playoff appearances, all with 10 wins or more and averaged 41 points a game.

http://www.mstateathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90894&SPID=10997&DB_OEM_ID= 16800&ATCLID=3633227&Q_SEASON=2009

I doubt he's gonna re-hire anyone to be honest.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Auburn really took Chizik over Gill. What a dumb move.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

I'm sorry, but why should we give a **** what charles barkely thinks

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-15-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
I'm sorry, but why should we give a **** what charles barkely thinks
Because A) He's the man B) He's right.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Hoke to coach at SDSU next year

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
Brady Hoke to coach at SDSU next year

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns
This was already posted here like 3 times yesterday
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Because A) He's the man B) He's right.
He's not the man, he's an idiot. Yea he's right but i do not care what an ex-auburn basketball player thinks.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-15-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not the man, he's an idiot. Yea he's right but i do not care what an ex-auburn basketball player thinks.
Then why are you commenting on it?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Then why are you commenting on it?
Cuz i'm watching ESPN and every 5 minutes it shows charles barkely commenting on the hire. Its annoying. Felt like venting haha.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

It's not a head coaching change but I'm almost positive LSU is going to make a change at Defensive Coordinator and I think DeWayne Walker at UCLA could be the prime candidate if he doesn't get the New Mexico State job.

After that it gets sketchy..all kinds of names getting thrown around from Greg Robinson to Ed Orgeron.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cuz i'm watching ESPN and every 5 minutes it shows charles barkely commenting on the hire. Its annoying. Felt like venting haha.

Why should we care about your opinion of the matter?? Yes Barkley gets a larger audience, but seeing his school choose a guy who did a terrible job for his two years as a head coach over a more well qualified black guy annoys him (kinda like how Barkley annoys you) and he said so.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Why should we care about your opinion of the matter?? Yes Barkley gets a larger audience, but seeing his school choose a guy who did a terrible job for his two years as a head coach over a more well qualified black guy annoys him (kinda like how Barkley annoys you) and he said so.
Turner Gill would have also gone 2-10 at Iowa State so it's a moot point.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard something about Ron Prince being hired as the new ND Oline coach. Can anyone confirm this? Latina sucks and we could use a new coach to help the talent that is obviously there!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Why would you want Stoops, at least Urban can win the big ones when they matter lol.

oh nah bruh i'm talking about in the next 3-5 years. if you haven't heard, recently yet again Urb has been commenting on his desire to possibly one day coach at ND once his youngest son gets older. us here at UF has actually "accepted" that Urban won't be at UF till he retires barring something unforeseen.

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=3...ms3mvmt 81jkt

that's the ND interview
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Turner Gill would have also gone 2-10 at Iowa State so it's a moot point.
Ok? He probably would have gone 2-10 but after going 2-10 he would not receive a promotion to a school like Auburn.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Ok? He probably would have gone 2-10 but after going 2-10 he would not receive a promotion to a school like Auburn.
Just saying he's not this savior of a coach that everyone makes him out to be. In fact I think people are really only hyping him up because he's black.

Gene Chizik wasn't hired because of what he did at Iowa State. He was hired for what he did as a DC at Auburn and Texas.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Its a forum. People state their opinions here. And why should I care about what you think.

Barkely was a Basketball player. You didn't see people like Matthew McNoughy (sp?) come out and blast the BCS for not putting in Texas, or Bill Lambeer ***** about Weis staying. Charles Barkley is a freakin idiot. He runs his mouth about LeBron and this, acts like an ass at the allstar game, and is an embarrassment in general. As far as the race thing? I'm black and race prolly had little to do with this if at all. Barkely can throw out the race card all he wants. Was Gill more qualified yes but Chizik had the Auburn connection from the undefeated team.

Point is Barkely is a dolt, and I hate how ESPN wants to seek his freakin opinion on this.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-16-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Barkley is a moron who should not be aloud to be on tv. He was a great basketball player, but he's a media attention ***** and a sellout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Just saying he's not this savior of a coach that everyone makes him out to be. In fact I think people are really only hyping him up because he's black.

Gene Chizik wasn't hired because of what he did at Iowa State. He was hired for what he did as a DC at Auburn and Texas.
Come on, I never said Turner would make a great coach or is a "savior", all I said is that Turner Gil is more qualified than Gene Chizik by every metric. And ok maybe he was hired based on his Defensive coordinator skills, but it is still an unprecedented move for a guy to fail so miserably as a head coach while showing absolutely NOTHING in his two years as the head man to get a promotion.

To completely overlook what your head coach has accomplishment as ummm...head coach is a stupid way to conduct business. Sure, you can say that ISU is an un-winnable situation, but Auburn is going to be a tough situation also with Saban locking down the state of Alabama.

Auburn needed something fresh instead of hiring a very good DC / bad head coach to compete against Saban who is a GREAT defensive coordinator and obviously a decent head guy too.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
Barkley is a moron who should not be aloud to be on tv. He was a great basketball player, but he's a media attention ***** and a sellout.
Wow. Seriously???

"______ is a moron who should not be aloud to ________" Good one Einstein.

And how exactly is Barkley a "sellout"??
Old 12-16-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Come on, I never said Turner would make a great coach or is a "savior", all I said is that Turner Gil is more qualified than Gene Chizik by every metric. And ok maybe he was hired based on his Defensive coordinator skills, but it is still an unprecedented move for a guy to fail so miserably as a head coach while showing absolutely NOTHING in his two years as the head man to get a promotion.

To completely overlook what your head coach has accomplishment as ummm...head coach is a stupid way to conduct business. Sure, you can say that ISU is an un-winnable situation, but Auburn is going to be a tough situation also with Saban locking down the state of Alabama.

Auburn needed something fresh instead of hiring a very good DC / bad head coach to compete against Saban who is a GREAT defensive coordinator and obviously a decent head guy too.
I think everyone knows turner gill, Brady Hoke, Pat Fitzgerald and a handful of other guys were more qualified than Chizik, but Auburn wanted an Auburn guy, and CHizik was it.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-16-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Its a forum. People state their opinions here. And why should I care about what you think.

It's the media. People state their opinions to the people who seek it. And why should Barkley care what you think.

Point.

Your head.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

Quote:
Wow. Seriously???

"______ is a moron who should not be aloud to ________" Good one Einstein.

And how exactly is Barkley a "sellout"??
Dude whats with your personal attacks here. Chill out and take a midol

Your completely ignorant and starstruck if you think he belongs on TV. He's only on TV because he was a great ballplayer. If you actually watched TBS after a game and listened to him its painful.

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
LOL props to Paul
Old 12-16-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
I think everyone knows turner gill, Brady Hoke, Pat Fitzgerald and a handful of other guys were more qualified than Chizik, but Auburn wanted an Auburn guy, and CHizik was it.
Ok, that's the thing though...he's not an Auburn guy...he is a Florida Gator who spent three years as DC for Auburn and then bolted for the same position at Texas.