Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-03-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Golden appeals to Penn State in spite of what he's done at Miami, not because of it. He's an alumnus, he's 44, and he turned ******* Temple around. That alone makes him a serious candidate.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this is true for Paul Johnson, considering its gone public I tend to think he'll be out. It would have been manageable had his feelings remained in-house, but there's seemingly no turning back now. You generally don't say those types of things and keep your job. His buyout his huge, but I don't think the AD has a hard pitch for donors; they've regressed into a middle-of-the-pack team, there's no excitement in the program, and now the HC doesn't even want to be there.

With that in mind, I wonder if they'd be interested in Chad Morris. I'm assuming they're going to want to target someone who's going to bring attention to the program, and Morris' offense would do that. Morris has been considered for a few vacancies over the years, and although he was originally a southwestern guy I can only assume he's built up plenty of contacts throughout the southeast over these past few years.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-03-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently it's not true.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Apparently it's not true.
I see that he responded saying "there's nothing to it", but I'm not sure how much of that I believe. I just find it hard to believe this is completely made up and has no basis in truth. Maybe he said something that was either exaggerated or misinterpreted, but I tend to think he probably has some issue with the program.

That being said, it may not matter. I know GT fans already weren't too happy with the team's performances over the past couple of a seasons, and were already calling for his head after this news. Even if he didn't say it, there's probably going to be a large portion of that fanbase that will nonetheless believe he did, and I can see that being enough to force him out. I think his buyout may be his only ally.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-03-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Rivals, PSU offered Al Golden.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to everyone else, they have not.

Crazy season y'all.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
According to everyone else, they have not.

Crazy season y'all.
Now being reported by Penn State's SB Nation site. Apparently the first report was from Miami's Rivals.com site (still CaneSport?)
Old 01-03-2014, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golden to PSU - best case scenario IMO. Young, talented coach that has turned around two other programs. I think it also bodes well for PSU to hold onto its young players recruited by O'brien.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:10 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Golden to PSU - best case scenario IMO. Young, talented coach that has turned around two other programs. I think it also bodes well for PSU to hold onto its young players recruited by O'brien.
Who is the second program he turned around? Going 22-15 in 3 years isn't much improvement on what Randy Shannon did.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Who is the second program he turned around? Going 22-15 in 3 years isn't much improvement on what Randy Shannon did.
He had to deal with the Nevin Shapiro scandal and guide the program through all the sanctions. Miami was a mess when he took over.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
He had to deal with the Nevin Shapiro scandal and guide the program through all the sanctions. Miami was a mess when he took over.
They were 23-16 the 3 years before Golden took over. Literally there was no change in their on field results. Additionally Golden has 0 wins against teams who have lost 5 games or less in his time there.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
They were 23-16 the 3 years before Golden took over. Literally there was no change in their on field results. Additionally Golden has 0 wins against teams who have lost 5 games or less in his time there.
cool story brah. Like I said he helped navigate Miami through the Shapiro scandal.

Last edited by SolidGold : 01-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Saw a tweet this morning, could/could not have any significance.

Jim Mora & Art Briles withdrawing from the Texas consideration may mean Texas has their guy. Not saying for sure, just in the realm of possibilities.
I am reading/hearing it's Charlie Strong which if true is great news for me. My top choice out of realistic options. Obviously Saban, or either coach in the NC game would be ideal. Not sure how realistic Mora Jr interest was, but I like what Strong brings. His defensive background, Florida ties, his recruiting should flourish in Texas. Young and energetic, really revived the UL program, I liked everyrhing about him as soon as he was mentioned.

I was still in favor of Briles, but it was basically offense vs defense with those two, and beyond that I liked Strong and what he represents and would bring to the table in terms of mentality. I think there is enough talent here to compete next year if Swoopes has developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Just a note, Charlie Strong looks a bit younger than he actually is, he's 53. That being said, I think he would be a great hire.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 01-03-2014, 07:38 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Just a note, Charlie Strong looks a bit younger than he actually is, he's 53. That being said, I think he would be a great hire.
You would get a solid 15 years out of him.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Munchak goes to Penn State.

As for Texas, I really have a hard time seeing them steal someone from within the same conference. Just doesn't seem very likely.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Golden goes to PSU Schiano goes to Miami?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strong also reminds me a bit of Muschamp as they have some similarities so it's not surprising I preferred him as I wanted Muschamp to get his shot and that may not have worked out.

On another note, so does PSU not want Schiano or the other way around? I figured that was the no brainer move but obviously not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought Schiano was a match for PSU even though that was always a hot rumor. Golden and Schiano are so similar which is pretty funny.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie Strong is the man for Texas.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Charlie Strong is the man for Texas.
Thats the rumor goin around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being confirmed by their 24-7 site.

Making their insider look like an absolute ******* idiot throughout the process now.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

you gotta be shittin me.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2014, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If Golden goes to PSU Schiano goes to Miami?
I ******* hope not.

It's a disaster for the Canes if Golden leaves, especially considering the timing - this class will fall apart.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:39 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Schiano and Louisville wouldn't be a bad fit.