Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-12-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
They were some rumblings he was told to look for a job not sure if that's true. If he does leave the name to look for to replace him is chris wilson from msu
Clancy Pendergrast would be decent for what you guys do. He did very well at USC this year in turning things around this season. Struggles a little with mobile QB's, but the SEC isn't filled with em. He runs a 5-2...so it would be a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
UGA Todd grantham to be DC at Louisville for 1 million per year lol
I know he wanted Kevin Steele but so do a lot of schools. Guess he didn't really have many backup options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Can't blame them with how underachieving the defense has been.
I think I read that Georgia had like 9 new starters on defense and were VERY young. Idk, as a Louisville fan, I dont know how I feel. I feel like a one million a year salary could have brought in some pretty good names...
Old 01-12-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I think I read that Georgia had like 9 new starters on defense and were VERY young. Idk, as a Louisville fan, I dont know how I feel. I feel like a one million a year salary could have brought in some pretty good names...
Y'all gave him 5 million guaranteed thats double what he got here last year and he will have to pay UGA a good chunk of $ for leaving for a lateral move. Yea the def had alot of new starters and got slightly better at the end of the year. But even 2 years ago when the whole defense now playing in the NFL it underachieved.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The SEC is a stepping-stone conference. ;)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Shawn Watson is our QB coach, not OC. Pleased with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clancy Pendergast would be an excellent hire for UGA. Not much of a recruiter but his attacking defenses are very effective.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Clancy Pendergast would be an excellent hire for UGA. Not much of a recruiter but his attacking defenses are very effective.
I agree, he lacks a lot as a recruiter. To say he even recruits would be laughable...but his defense would be great in the SEC.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:35 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most intresting thing is if UGA will stick to a 3-4 with 10 of 11 starters returning on defense. If Clancy doesnt recurit then I dont think he would be at the top of my list. The two in house options are LB coach Kirk Olivadotti, DL coach Chris Wilson, Houston DC (ncaa) David Gibbs, and Bud Voster. The longshot name that eveyone wants is Kirby Smart bc he played here and was on the staff for a year under Richt.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather have an OC/DC who is a good coach and a bad recruiter than vice versa. That's what you have position coaches for.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob Schoop and Josh Gattis following James Franklin to Penn State. Excited about Schoop, confused as to why Gattis is a WRs coach since he was a safety.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I'd much rather have an OC/DC who is a good coach and a bad recruiter than vice versa. That's what you have position coaches for.
Exactly. Rarely do coordinators take the lead in recruiting a prospect or are involved in it to the degree that the position coaches are. That's why all the best recruiters for the most part are position coaches and the coach tasked with the recruiting coordinator title is almost always a position coach. Coordinators don't have time during the week to recruit as they are preparing a gameplan for the week's opponent.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like what Tom Jurich is doing at Louisville. At first I was skeptical of the Petrino hiring, but I like how he is committed to putting a solid staff around Petrino. Paying 550,000 to buyout Garrick McGee at UAB and have him be the OC at Louisville and getting one a coordinator who is already one of the highest paid assistants in the country and giving him over a million. It's a bummer that Louisville doesn't have Strong for the season they'll enter the ACC, but Jurich is showing that he's committed to making sure football is competitive in relation to other schools in major conferences.

I think Grantham is a good hire and don't understand all the animus towards him. He lost pretty much his entire starting defense and had to deal with injuries. Everyone of his defenses before this year was top 25 nationally in either scoring or total defense.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Yea the UGA defense was young this year but thats still no excuse for being 10th in the conf. in scoring defense at 29 ppg. Lets look at the other top teams and how he faced clemson 38, South Carolina 30, LSU 41, Missouri 41, Auburn 43.

The 2012 team was loaded with talent and returning starters and even then it wasnt as good as it should have been with 20 ppg and 5th in the cof. Lets look at the talent on that 2012 defense which is arguable the most talented in UGA history.

DL
John Jenkins - 3rd round pick played alot for the saints
Kwame Geathers - made the final chargers roster
Garrison Smith - Will be a late round pick in this draft
Abry Jones - Made the final roster for the jags
Ray Drew - Will play in the NFL

LB
Alec Ogltree - 1st round pick and great rookie year
Jarvis Jones - 1st round pick was unstopable in college
Amorllo Herrera - Still in college but will play in the NFL
Jordan Jenkins - Started as true freshman should play in the NFL
Corneilus Washington - combine freak who should have done more in college made the bears roster
michael gilliard - signed a UDFA contract
Christian Robinson - signed a UDFA contract

DB
Shawn Williams - 3rd round pick
Bacarri Rambo - Played alot for the redskins
Sanders Commings - 5th round pick
Damian Swann - had a bad year but in 2012 looked like a future star
Brandon Smith - Signed a UDFA contract
Old 01-13-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Mark Mangino is back, he's the new offensive coordinator at Iowa State. And he's lost some weight too.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Also some other significant news.

Alabama is interviewing Georgia DL coach Chris Wilson.

The Longhorns are apparently choosing between Shawn Watson, Joker Phillips, and Mike Groh for the offensive coordinator position. I think Joker would be a good pick. When he was the OC at Kentucky he had some really great offenses.

Bobby Petrino says Louisville is his last head coaching job.

Quote:
Now that I’ve been in it for a long time, one of the biggest mistakes I ever did was leave this place. I want everyone to understand that’s not going to happen again.
And CBS is reporting that Vanderbilt has asked permission to interview Derek Mason.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Also some other significant news.

Alabama is interviewing Georgia DL coach Chris Wilson.

The Longhorns are apparently choosing between Shawn Watson, Joker Phillips, and Mike Groh for the offensive coordinator position. I think Joker would be a good pick. When he was the OC at Kentucky he had some really great offenses.

Bobby Petrino says Louisville is his last head coaching job.

And CBS is reporting that Vanderbilt has asked permission to interview Derek Mason.
I have heard that Vandy has tabbed Mason and Chad Morris as their top candidates...supposedly Mason reached out to them.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I figured Ed O was a slam dunk to be DL coach at bama
Old 01-13-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I figured Ed O was a slam dunk to be DL coach at bama
I have a feeling with him being from Lousiana he is going to hold out for the LSU job.

He's a great recruiter and a very good DL coach, but his background doesn't fit into what Bama plays on D. Bama runs a 2 gap 3-4 where Ed is a one gap coach.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Hey massnole what are the chanches Jermemy Pruitt would leave FSU? Thats the hot name today only way It makes sense to me is $ as he currently makes 500,000$ (before 85k raise for title) and UGA would offer atleast the 825,000$ it paid Grantham.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Hey massnole what are the chanches Jermemy Pruitt would leave FSU? Thats the hot name today only way It makes sense to me is $ as he currently makes 500,000$ (before 85k raise for title) and UGA would offer atleast the 825,000$ it paid Grantham.
I would guess that they would match just about anything.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I have a feeling with him being from Lousiana he is going to hold out for the LSU job.

He's a great recruiter and a very good DL coach, but his background doesn't fit into what Bama plays on D. Bama runs a 2 gap 3-4 where Ed is a one gap coach.
Plus he is a walking infraction waiting to happen.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Plus he is a walking infraction waiting to happen.
Is he really? I don't know a ton about him...did seem like he did a solid job with the defense this year, though. As much as it pains me to say that.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2014, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bo Davis at USC for a week now back to Bama.

Joe Schad saying Ed O is in play for USC.

...wtf...
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the talent he has at his disposal and path to being a HC in about 2 years, really slim.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote