Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Bo Davis at USC for a week now back to Bama.

Joe Schad saying Ed O is in play for USC.

...wtf...
I don't believe Coach O is in play to be honest.

After checking the Bama 24/7 site, I feel like we may have dodged a bullet...they aren't overly excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Johnson Sr will not be retained. Reports that Ohio State has already reached out to him for a position on their staff.

Please no.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are all the Ohio State fans surprised there has been no move on Fickell or much news, nationally at least, about his job? I thought there would be more discussion about him based on the reaction after the OB loss.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Are all the Ohio State fans surprised there has been no move on Fickell or much news, nationally at least, about his job? I thought there would be more discussion about him based on the reaction after the OB loss.
Quite a few of us have wanted him mitigated or shipped out long ago.

Yes, he loves his school. Yes, he is a great recruiter. The problem is he is nothing more than a position coach.

So the idea is that Urban knows the issue and Fickell will likely stay on as LB coach and may retain the co-DC title in name only. But will likely be the recruiting coordinator and DC no more.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:44 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Johnson Sr. would be a fantastic hire.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like it's pretty much a done deal. Love it!
Vrabel did about as good a job as any DL coach in the country last year, total breakout year for him as a positional coach. Was worried when he went to the NFL, not so much now.

Now all we need to do is find a Defensive Coordinator (who will probably double as DB coach) to replace Withers.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the front runner for LSU's OLINE coach is VT's OL Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Jeff Grimes.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Vrabel did about as good a job as any DL coach in the country last year, total breakout year for him as a positional coach. Was worried when he went to the NFL, not so much now.

Now all we need to do is find a Defensive Coordinator (who will probably double as DB coach) to replace Withers.
And the rich get richer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rumblings/rumors UGA has offered a huge contract to someone for DC and its likely Kirby Smart.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:43 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

Rumor is the LJ will be DC. Dunno if that is true.

You can't blame a guy for moving on after PSU passed over him for HC twice and DC more than that.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:45 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Rumor is the LJ will be DC. Dunno if that is true.

You can't blame a guy for moving on after PSU passed over him for HC twice and DC more than that.
Did he actually call plays while he was at PSU? I know he was always tabbed as the Co-DC...

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
rumblings/rumors UGA has offered a huge contract to someone for DC and its likely Kirby Smart.
I don't doubt it, but I DO doubt that he leaves.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

I just saw a tweet saying Arkansas DC Chris Ash will be Co-DC at OSU.

I know nothing about him. I do know that Arkansas sucked at defense last year. Any info from you SEC/Arkansas guys?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Oh wait, he was DC at Wiscy when they were on a tear. And he coaches secondary. Nice.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I just saw a tweet saying Arkansas DC Chris Ash will be Co-DC at OSU.

I know nothing about him. I do know that Arkansas sucked at defense last year. Any info from you SEC/Arkansas guys?
Ash was a pretty good coach during his time at Wisconsin.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I don't doubt it, but I DO doubt that he leaves.
I'm not saying its gonna happen but here are a few reasons to why it could.

1. UGA is his alma mater where he played at and he also played hs ball in the state.

2. A chance to prove its his defense that works and he isnt just riding Saban's coat tails. This would also strength his case for a head coach after his stock has died down of late.

3. Bama may not want to match the rumored 1.5 million that UGA is rumored to pay.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Robb Smith will be coming back to Rutgers to coach the defense. If that happens as expected then there is also a very good chance Jeff Hafley, excellent East Coast recruiter, is back also with a job on the defensive staff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Bielema goes to Arkansas because he can't keep his staff at Wisconsin.

Loses two assistants in less than one year.

#karma

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If UGA offered Kirby Smart a ton of money I could see him leaving. Apparently he covets the UGA job and that's the job he's waiting for or would love to have. Him and Mike Bobo the offensive coordinator are family friends and have been for most of their life. And he's a Georgia guy.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Brett Bielema goes to Arkansas because he can't keep his staff at Wisconsin.

Loses two assistants in less than one year.

#karma

He is from most accounts a raging asshole. Also, I'm guessing that he never votes for OSU in the top 25 again :)
Old 01-14-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If UGA offered Kirby Smart a ton of money I could see him leaving. Apparently he covets the UGA job and that's the job he's waiting for or would love to have. Him and Mike Bobo the offensive coordinator are family friends and have been for most of their life. And he's a Georgia guy.
Another thing to add $ isnt a issue for UGA in 2012 they made 52 million $ profit
Old 01-14-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
But would he feel comfortable going over there to coach under a HC that is constantly talked about as being on the hot seat? You just don't see coordinators promoted when a coach is fired...its typically when they leave for another job.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not sure if it was mentioned but Ohio State will also be hiring former Arkansas DC Chris Ash.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

If it isnt Smart that gets the big offer then it will be Jeremy Pruitt of FSU. Both could turn it down but it looks like one or maybe both will get a huge offer. Also Richt isnt gonna be fired if anything he retires early but I dont see him going anyway. That was possible a few years ago but not now.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be weird to see LJ Sr on a different sideline. I always thought he was going to be at Penn State till he retired.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote