Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-15-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vanderbilt QB coach Ricky Rahne headed to Penn State with Franklin.

Lupoi is officially leaving Washington, getting 300,000 dollars on his way out.

Alabama DB coach Greg Brown is going to step down according to ESPN, everybody is assuming Kevin Steele will be replacing him.

Charlie Partridge added another South Florida HS football HC to his staff, American HS coach Corey Bell will be an assistant DB coach.

Mississippi State OC Les Koening has reportedly joined the Texas Longhorns staff and will coach receivers.

Bruce Feldman says Pep Hamilton is another Stanford related name expected to interview for the Vandy HC job.

Also here's a handy list of major assistant coach openings in college football.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone tell me whether I should be happy or sad about Wickline as our OC? I trust his eye at spotting OL and developing them, but what track record do I have to go off of with him calling plays or running an offense? Collectively, I love the experience of Koenning, Jimmie Robinson, Wickline, and Watson, and I am pretty positive we are going with a variation of the spread just a power version. I just don't know what direction we are going in or if I should just use OK State's offense as a parameter.

I'm fine without the flashy hire, just hate to wait so long and still have nothing to use as an example of what we'll look like on offense. But I'm not surprised, no Defensive minded head coach is going to be a fan of his offense scoring pinball games and having his defense on the field all game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uga losses DL coach chris wilson to USCw and lb coach Kirk olivadetta to redskins.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UGA fans what can you tell me about Chris Wilson?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
UGA fans what can you tell me about Chris Wilson?
He is a good coach use to be DC at Mississippi state and is suppose to be like able and nice guy. He was only at uga one year but did a good job with the DL after losing alot of people at the position to the NFL the year before. The biggest improvement from him came with ray drew a former 5* recruit who had done nothing his first 2 years had 43 tackles and 6 sacks and missed a few games. I don't think he will be at USC long as he interviewed at several places and wants to be a DC Again. The defense at uga was terrible this year but the DL wasn't the problem.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Soapy Papoose
Rookie

Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.Soapy Papoose is a cocksman.

Pretty much everything georgiafan said, along with being a good recruiter. From what I recall, he's produced a first round D-lineman at every school he's been at. Don't want him to go, but I'm not opposed to starting fresh with our defensive staff
Soapy Papoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Smith down to Rutgers or Arkansas for DC and will decide this weekend. If Smith chooses Arkansas then Rutgers will go with Vanderlinden or Spaziani.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man Charlie Strong is going in, kicking ass and doesn't care what you think. Sounds like he's clamped down on the program pretty hard. A quote via the Dallas Morning News
Quote:
Strong said he told each one "how unhappy I was with where the program is right now. That falls upon all of us to go get it right. And they sense it that right now we need to raise the standards."
And then there were these news rules I saw that he laid down at a team meeting according to Texas' SB Nation web site.
Quote:
1. Players will attend all of their classes and sit in the front two rows of all of their classes. GAs, academic folks, position coaches will be checking constantly now.
2. No headphones in class. No texting in class. Sit up and take notes.
3. If a player misses a class, he runs until it hurts. If he misses two classes, his entire position unit runs. If he misses three, the position coach runs. The position coaches don't want to run.
4. No earrings in the football building.
5. No drugs. No stealing. No guns. Treat women with respect.
6. Players may not live off campus anymore, unless they're a senior who hits certain academic standards. The University will buy out the leases for every player currently living off campus and put them in the athletic dorm.
7. The team will all live together, eat together, suffer together, and hang out together. They will become a true team and learn to impose accountability on each other. The cliques are over.
8. There's no time for a rebuild. "I don't have time for that." The expectation is that Texas wins now.
Players will learn that they would rather practice than milk a minor injury.
9. The focus is on winning and graduating. Anything extraneous to that is a distraction and will be stamped out or removed.
10. Strong met individually with seniors and key leaders and re-emphasized that the plan is to win now. They can lead the new culture or be run over by it.
11."I don't want to talk about things. I'd rather do things. We just talked. Now it's time to do."
Old 01-16-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How were these not already rules? Players were allowed to steal before?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe most of those were his rules in Louisville as well, I remember the no guns sign he had there. The only big one is the off campus rule, but I'm pretty sure that was already the case at places like Bama and OU already.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2014, 11:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some comfortable players are in for a shock. I love that front 2 rows rule.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:11 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that they aren't taking their pampered UT asses to practice in air conditioned charter busses anymore. Pathetic what Mack Brown would do for those kids. Entitled and pampered is no way to be a football player.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Charlie did the same thing when he came to UofL. Though I do not remember the front row rule. He runs a tight ship. The Darius Ashley situation shows what type of person that Strong is and how he runs his program.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I love that they aren't taking their pampered UT asses to practice in air conditioned charter busses anymore. Pathetic what Mack Brown would do for those kids. Entitled and pampered is no way to be a football player.
For all his good here this crap had to go. It showed with the scouts as well as they had been saying for some time a bunch of UT players were entitled, soft, and not developing. There is still a #2, #3, and #3 class on this team from 2010-2012 we just need to do a better job with development.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Mason to Vanderbilt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Haven't seen anything official yet but that seems to be the word on the street. That will be a great hire. He will fit in well in the SEC. Great physical defense, run it down your throat offense, and he knows how to recruit at a school like Vandy already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
For all his good here this crap had to go. It showed with the scouts as well as they had been saying for some time a bunch of UT players were entitled, soft, and not developing. There is still a #2, #3, and #3 class on this team from 2010-2012 we just need to do a better job with development.
Bingo. Excited to see what happens. The old white country club boosters needed their asses handed to them by the new money as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the hunt for the Big12 title if Ash can be made whole again.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Booooo I dislike this

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

USF seems to be going through somewhat of an administrative change. Their AD stepped down and so did the director of football development. Wonder how this all fares for Taggart.

Greg Robinson is going to interview for the DC job at Cal. I'm impressed with what he did at Texas this season, but the results outside of Austin have been horrible. The last time he was the DC of a high scoring team, Michigan 09-10, the results were not good.

Interesting hire for Maryland, Keenan McCardell is their new wide receivers coach. Their new OL coach is Dave DeGuglielmo, previously was the O-line coach with the Giants, Jets, and Dolphins.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 01-17-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Robinson was horrible at Michigan but, to be fair, he was forced to run a scheme he had no idea how to run.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Greg Robinson was horrible at Michigan but, to be fair, he was forced to run a scheme he had no idea how to run.
And a scheme that no one in the BIG should EVER run.

Seriously Rich Rod? A 3-3-5 in the ******* Big 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yeah, after seeing him before UM and at UT, I'm beginning to think RichRod was really stupid in more ways than I can count.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vandy chose Mason over Schottenheimer. Damn it!
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Chris Mortensen - Schiano is a leading candidate for the Browns job. May be time to fold tent in Cleveland.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors swirling that FSU LB Coach Charles Kelly may be promoted to DC, which would mean FSU needs to find a DB Coach. Also possible Jimbo is floating false rumors to look for leaks in the program (did this big time last year).

If Kelly is promoted, I like it. HIS defense at Georgia Tech in 2012 was pretty good after Al Groh was fired. We'd definitely keep attacking on defense instead of that soft zone stuff under Stoops.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote