Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-10-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas introduces it's new offensive coordinator in former Boise St. OC Brian Harsin: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...e=NCFHeadlines

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Texas introduces it's new offensive coordinator in former Boise St. OC Brian Harsin: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...e=NCFHeadlines
makes no sense to me as to why he would go there just to be a Co-OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Todd Graham will be the Pitt new HC.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like it's a 5 year 10 million dollar contract for Graham to Pitt. Let me find a link.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Looks like it's a 5 year 10 million dollar contract for Graham to Pitt. Let me find a link.
If so, that's a fantastic hire. He was on my tweaked list of potential head coaches for LSU should Miles leave for Michigan.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-10-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

From Joe Schad: LSU might be willing to waive or lower Les Miles' 1.25M buyout to Michigan

that right there tells me that Miles is going to Michigan

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-10-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Dolphins QB coach David Lee to Ole Miss to be their OC.

http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/24589931347181568
Old 01-10-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From Joe Schad: LSU might be willing to waive or lower Les Miles' 1.25M buyout to Michigan

Tells me LSU also doesn't want him.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:

That's an excellent hire by them.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good hire for Pitt. I'm a big fan of Graham. He's done some great work at Rice and Tulsa. He's pulled in some surprisingly good recruiter classes as well and should do well in the Big East.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not sure I believe that. Miles and LSU were talking about a contract extension then hours later they're trying to force him out the door?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

as a Miami DOlphin fan thank god. Only thing he did that was helpful was bring teach the Fins the Wildcat.

Pitt has also hired Calvin MaGee, Tony Dews, and Tny Gibson. If they truly hired Gibby... good luck with that.

Rod Smith and Bruce Tall are probably going to Indiana.

As for the Les Miles situation... I dunno what all is going on and insiders aren't being very helpful. But the one thing everybody says is if Michigan offers, Les will be in Ann Arbor
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6008976

Chris Petersen to stay at BSU

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
Pitt has also hired Calvin MaGee, Tony Dews, and Tny Gibson. If they truly hired Gibby... good luck with that.
Yeah Gibson is completely awful. He is Rich Rod's ***** I'm surprised anyone else wants him. I guess he can recruit but I wouldn't let him within 10 feet of any defensive back on the team.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
Yeah Gibson is completely awful. He is Rich Rod's ***** I'm surprised anyone else wants him. I guess he can recruit but I wouldn't let him within 10 feet of any defensive back on the team.
our DBs got progessively worse under him, and we also put him in charge of ST, we made 4 FGs all year
Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
our DBs got progessively worse under him, and we also put him in charge of ST, we made 4 FGs all year
hey, he cant kick your field goals....that just sounds like you should recruit a better kicker.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
hey, he cant kick your field goals....that just sounds like you should recruit a better kicker.
Gibbons was the #8 rated high school kicker when he was recruited, not to mention teams get by with walk on kickers all the time. There have been several stories about the Michigan coaching staff basically ignoring the kickers and leaving them to figure things out on their own.

That's not saying anything about the punt return game that was never good under Rodriguez and just got worse once Gibson took charge. Or the kick return game that was actually a strength in '09 with Darryl Stonum returning kicks and setting a new Michigan single season kick return record, breaking the mark previously set by Steve Breaston, with over 1000 kick return yards, 1 TD, and an average of 25.7 yards per return. When Gibson took over in 2010, Stonum was no longer returning kicks, and was replaced with Jeremy Gallon, Who fumbled, made poor decisions, put up about half of what Stonum did, and averaged all of 21.8 yards per return.

Tony Gibson is an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

how's this for a rumor, Mark D'Antonio has reportedly been discussing a move to LSU if Les Miles goes to Michigan

I won't miss him if true, BUT I also think he flops big time in the SEC
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got the cutthroat personality to succeed in that conference for sure, and in LSU he certainly wouldn't be hurting for talent. If Les Miles can win at LSU then D'Antonio certainly can. Also, the last Michigan State head coach that LSU hired didn't do too bad either.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
He's got the cutthroat personality to succeed in that conference for sure, and in LSU he certainly wouldn't be hurting for talent. If Les Miles can win at LSU then D'Antonio certainly can. Also, the last Michigan State head coach that LSU hired didn't do too bad either.
I understand that, and he will have talent, but I think D'Antonio is better suited for a school like MSU than LSU.

I think he will get outcoached in the SEC. D'Antonio didn't exactly go up against the greatest groups of strategists in the Big 10.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
how's this for a rumor, Mark D'Antonio has reportedly been discussing a move to LSU if Les Miles goes to Michigan

I won't miss him if true, BUT I also think he flops big time in the SEC
I had a bad feeling that he would be in the discussion. He was on my list to replace Les Miles if he were to leave but he was 7th, ranked behind several other coaches that I feel would be more suited for SEC football.

I'm also surprised that LSU would be interested in D'Antonio considering his health problems. Oh, do you have a link to where that rumor is found?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I had a bad feeling that he would be in the discussion. He was on my list to replace Les Miles if he were to leave but he was 7th, ranked behind several other coaches that I feel would be more suited for SEC football.

I'm also surprised that LSU would be interested in D'Antonio considering his health problems. Oh, do you have a link to where that rumor is found?
yeah he would be interesting, i think Malzahn would be good for the program, give them some spark and give the kids something to really be excited about.

Pelini would be great, he was great for them in their NC run.

Quote:
Old 01-11-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:

It was on The Fort's message board and they said it was posted on the MSU boards.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Looks like it is over; Les Miles will be staying at LSU according to multiple sources close to the situation.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like it is over; Les Miles will be staying at LSU according to multiple sources close to the situation.
Poor LSU.....
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote