Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-27-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I better hear that Turner Gill has been caned today.
Well, that didn't take long...
According to AD Sheahon Zenger, "After a thorough evaluation of our football program, I have concluded that new leadership is necessary to place us on the path toward competing for championships in the Big 12 Conference. I come to this conclusion reluctantly, because I have the utmost respect for Turner Gill as a quality individual who wants only the best for the young men he coaches."

Apparently nice guys DO finish last.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gill gets 6 million dollars to be fired. Nice job Kansas. The good news is that you totally aren't a limited-budget rural college that can't afford to do stuff like that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennis Erickson out at ASU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
3 candidates to replace Neuheisel are Kevin Sumlin, Chris Petersen, and Butch Jones
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/n...cla-coach.html
Please stay at BSU Petersen.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come back to Buffalo, Turner. I won't hold it against you.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Dan Mullen to Penn State.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I want Dan Mullen to Penn State.
Ive heard that hes an absolute prick. I guess thats why UF didnt hire him...

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Mike Leach at ASU, he'd be a rockstar there and we have no problem getting QB's and WR's. I think with Leach we would be right there with USC again for the division next year.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I want Mike Leach at ASU, he'd be a rockstar there and we have no problem getting QB's and WR's. I think with Leach we would be right there with USC again for the division next year.
Hes just a huge question mark, thats why I think hes getting more interest from the smaller teams right now. As soon as he can prove hes lost all the baggage that will come with him, he will be a hot name again.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Hes just a huge question mark, thats why I think hes getting more interest from the smaller teams right now. As soon as he can prove hes lost all the baggage that will come with him, he will be a hot name again.
True, but I think we just might be crazy enough to go get him, haha. Our admin isn't as conservative as the admins at some of these blue blood jobs that are available.

With Leach at ASU and Rodriguez at UA desert football will be pretty fun.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
True, but I think we just might be crazy enough to go get him, haha. Our admin isn't as conservative as the admins at some of these blue blood jobs that are available.

With Leach at ASU and Rodriguez at UA desert football will be pretty fun.
I think Sumlin would be an amazing fit for you guys.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My coaching predictions right now are:

Penn State - Tim Murphy (head coach at Harvard)
Illinois - Tom Bradley
Washington State - Mike Leach
Arizona State - Kevin Sumlin
Mississippi - Larry Fedora
Tulane - Mark Hudspeth
UCLA - Butch Jones
Cincinnati - Frank Solich
Southern Mississippi - Hugh Freeze
North Carolina - Skip Holtz
South Florida - Gus Malzahn
Kansas - Gary Anderson (Utah St. head coach)
Ohio State - Urban Meyer

Here's a list of coaching candidates being mentioned for Kansas:
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/n...ng-candidates/

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 11-27-2011 at 09:42 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Dan Hawkins going to ever get another head coaching shot? Still trying to figure out what went wrong with him at Colorado. I vaguely remember the Ryan Dinwiddie era in the early 2000s and Boise was pretty dominant. Was Petersen the architect behind Boise's success?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My coaching predictions right now are:

Penn State - Tim Murphy (head coach at Harvard)
Illinois - Tom Bradley
Washington State - Mike Leach
Arizona State - Kevin Sumlin
Mississippi - Larry Fedora
Tulane - Mark Hudspeth
UCLA - Butch Jones
Cincinnati - Frank Solich
Southern Mississippi - Hugh Freeze
North Carolina - Skip Holtz
Kansas - Gary Anderson (Utah St. head coach)
Ohio State - Urban Meyer

I heard Murphy's name come up as an assistant for the new staff, but that was just someone wanting it to happen.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The UCLA job would be really good for Peterson. I'd love to see him go there. He's a hell of a coach and I'd really like to see what he can do in a major program.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Is Dan Hawkins going to ever get another head coaching shot? Still trying to figure out what went wrong with him at Colorado. I vaguely remember the Ryan Dinwiddie era in the early 2000s and Boise was pretty dominant. Was Petersen the architect behind Boise's success?
He's being mentioned as a candidates at Texas St, I believe.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I heard Murphy's name come up as an assistant for the new staff, but that was just someone wanting it to happen.
His name is being brought up quite a bit as being the new head coach. He's definitely someone that Penn State could hire to help rebuild the brand.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
USF is no slouch of a program but do you think Malzahn would settle for them? He seems like he would be a candidate for much better programs.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington St makes sense for Leach. He can just be left alone and do whatever the hell he wants and build a contender like he did in Lubbock. His ties to Texas would help in recruiting too.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Washington St makes sense for Leach. He can just be left alone and do whatever the hell he wants and build a contender like he did in Lubbock. His ties to Texas would help in recruiting too.
Exactly. Low expectations in Pullman just like in Texas Tech. Could be left to do what he does best. Washington State and South Florida (they have a freakin pirate ship in their stadium!) make the most sense for Leach, imo.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Exactly. Low expectations in Pullman just like in Texas Tech. Could be left to do what he does best. Washington State and South Florida (they have a freakin pirate ship in their stadium!) make the most sense for Leach, imo.

Ha...I love the fact that having a pirate ship would probably be a selling point to Leach.

After watching the disaster at Maryland with Edsall I would have to second guess why they did not go with Leach either. With Edsall you are going to pretty much be a step above mediocre at best...oh well...I digress.

Danny O'Brien's bad season makes me sad and bitter.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Ha...I love the fact that having a pirate ship would probably be a selling point to Leach.

After watching the disaster at Maryland with Edsall I would have to second guess why they did not go with Leach either. With Edsall you are going to pretty much be a step above mediocre at best...oh well...I digress.

Danny O'Brien's bad season makes me sad and bitter.
O'Brien isnt the right fit for that offense. He would benefit from transferring. It was a weird move for Edsall in the first place, though.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
O'Brien isnt the right fit for that offense. He would benefit from transferring.
I agree completely...I hope he does, he had such promise last year. He should go to Wisconsin :)
Old 11-27-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree completely...I hope he does, he had such promise last year. He should go to Wisconsin :)
Wisconsin would be in heaven. Wilson, and then O'Brien.

Diabsoule, you think Belotti will be getting back into coaching this year?

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well looking at Petersen's career, he was an assistant under Mike Bellotti at Oregon before Hawkins hired him as OC during his first year so it IS possible that Hawkins failed without his top assistant.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote