Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-27-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Wisconsin would be in heaven. Wilson, and then O'Brien.

Diabsoule, you think Belotti will be getting back into coaching this year?
I think there's a good chance of it. UCLA could be a great place for him if they decide to pursue him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I think there's a good chance of it. UCLA could be a great place for him if they decide to pursue him.
He was there through the pro style era with Joey Harrington and ended with the Spread....was he an offensive guy? What offense would he bring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=diabsoule;2766562]My coaching predictions right now are:

Penn State - Tim Murphy (head coach at Harvard)
Illinois - Tom Bradley
Washington State - Mike Leach
Arizona State - Kevin Sumlin
Mississippi - Larry Fedora
Tulane - Mark Hudspeth
UCLA - Butch Jones
Cincinnati - Frank Solich
Southern Mississippi - Hugh Freeze
North Carolina - Skip Holtz
South Florida - Gus Malzahn
Kansas - Gary Anderson (Utah St. head coach)
Ohio State - Urban Meyer

Pretty reasonable list. Penn St. is desperate for a clean hire who can bring back some honour to the school. Their recruiting will take a huge dip for awhile especially since nobody knows if he can coach at this level.
Why would anybody hire Tom Bradley. He carries the Penn St. smear with him as he was likely aware of what was happening. Sure, he's a possible great coach but will anybody let Illinois forget that he was not blameless in this mess.
Leach is a perfect fit for Washington St. and will get more out of less than anybody else. He'll also keep the football stadium full while he is their HC.
It will be very interesting to see how Urban Meyer's offensive system works in the Big 10 where half your games are played in rotten weather. Michigan had no patience, I wonder if Ohio St. will like the changeover.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
It will be very interesting to see how Urban Meyer's offensive system works in the Big 10 where half your games are played in rotten weather. Michigan had no patience, I wonder if Ohio St. will like the changeover.
I dont really know why people are doubting Meyers system. It will work just fine in the Big 10.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was there through the pro style era with Joey Harrington and ended with the Spread....was he an offensive guy? What offense would he bring?
He'll likely bring a pro-style with him with some spread elements. He ended with the spread because Chip Kelly was his offensive coordinator and he let Chip install his offense since he was going to be his successor.

Quote:
I dont really know why people are doubting Meyers system. It will work just fine in the Big 10.
Meyer's system will work just fine in the Big 10 until it runs into physical, smash-mouth defenses. The hardest competition Florida ran into under Meyer was LSU and Alabama, two big, physical defenses that had the speed to contain the spread-option. I can see Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State to a degree being able to compete quite a bit with Ohio State under Meyer.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-27-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Meyer's system will work just fine in the Big 10 until it runs into physical, smash-mouth defenses. The hardest competition Florida ran into under Meyer was LSU and Alabama, two big, physical defenses that had the speed to contain the spread-option. I can see Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State to a degree being able to compete quite a bit with Ohio State under Meyer.
Those teams wont get the speed that teams like Bama and LSU had, though. I think if Meyer can get anywhere near the type of speed he had on some of those UF teams he will run that conference.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Meyer will be a great HC in the Big 10 and may dominate for many years. However, Big 10 weather isn't SEC weather and he will have to adjust his offense considerably for the bad weather conditions which often occur in Big 10 games.
Weather plays a huge part in the way football is played in that region of the country and it will be interesting to see how he adjusts.
The main reason why the SEC dominates college football isn't just speed, Ohio St. had just as much speed as any SEC team, it is its HC's that make the SEC so difficult to beat. The conference has the greatest collection for winning HC's that I have ever seen and it is its great HC's that have taken them to the top.
They have left the Big 10 way behind in recruiting finally culminating in not one Big 10 team even ranked in the top 10, SAD!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I think Meyer will be a great HC in the Big 10 and may dominate for many years. However, Big 10 weather isn't SEC weather and he will have to adjust his offense considerably for the bad weather conditions which often occur in Big 10 games.
Weather plays a huge part in the way football is played in that region of the country and it will be interesting to see how he adjusts.
The main reason why the SEC dominates college football isn't just speed, Ohio St. had just as much speed as any SEC team, it is its HC's that make the SEC so difficult to beat. The conference has the greatest collection for winning HC's that I have ever seen and it is its great HC's that have taken them to the top.
They have left the Big 10 way behind in recruiting finally culminating in not one Big 10 team even ranked in the top 10, SAD!
At the beginning of the season I was psyched about a potential LSU or Alabama vs Wisconsin matchup. I was pretty disappointed when that didn't happen

Also, multiple sources report that Dan Mullen is gaining traction at Penn St.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 11-28-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i agree. though one thing i will say is that weather in the big ten doesn't get that bad except for the wind and cold since the season ends in november - conditions that make it difficult to pass the ball sometimes. urban meyer had some good running teams in the past, and I don't think it will be any different at Ohio State in terms of bringing in backs who can run, it will just be a little different type of running attack.

the type of talent ohio state gets combined with a coach like meyer is bad news for the other 11 teams. i don't think we're gonna see the consistent underachieving on offense from now on like we've seen under uber-conservative Jim Tressel and Jim Bollman anymore, but the defense should be just as stout.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:17 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Apparently Steve Addazzio is one of the leading candidates to replace Ron Zook. Also in consideration are Paul Chryst and Skip Holtz among others

http://www.southbendtribune.com/spor...,2285659.story

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-28-2011, 07:18 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish i knew what ADs and head coaches saw in Steve Addazio. Let's run up the middle every single play.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mullen to PSU would make me happy. He has ties in the area, his dad is an alum, he's a good O coach, great recruiter, and grew up a PSU fan. I wonder who he would bring along with him and who'd he keep from the PSU staff if he were to get hired. Hopefully Vandy, LJ, and possibly Bradley could stay. I read that he and Manny Diaz are still good friends and he could bring him along.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Espn has report Meyer to OSU is a done deal. After this season, it's nice to still be able to think things are going to go well next year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/#!/CFBLIVE/status/141141715296845825

WAHOOOOOOO

It's official

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Petersen would be a great hire for any program but I just don't think he is going to leave Boise just yet. If he would be then sure UCLA should make him priority #1, but I am not convinced he is willing to leave.

Thus UCLA should put the full court press on Kevin Sumlin. Dan Mullen would be a nice consolation prize should they fall short with Sumlin.

Arizona State should be after Sumlin as well although if they can't land him then they (and Illinois) should be looking to land Mike Leach IMO.

I think Penn State should have one man atop their list right now and that is Gary Patterson. IMO there is no better fit for that program.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

It's official: Rick Neuheisel has been fired http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ucla-r...ach-game-29912

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-28-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Arizona State has officially fired Dennis Erickson. He will coach in the bowl game

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-28-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Luke Fickell is going to be D-Coordinator for Meyer. Speculation that Studrawa would rejoin Meyer as OC since he was his OC at Bowling Green.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Penn State can't miss on this hire...that's just my opinion but they need a new face who can clean this up and be there for a long time.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Larry Fedora is in the lead to take the Ole Miss position. If he does, I expect Southern Miss to join Memphis in trying to hire Hugh Freeze. It's a toss-up on which position he would take - Southern Miss is his alma-mater but he spent over a decade coaching high school in Memphis.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-28-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Sounds like Luke Fickell is going to be D-Coordinator for Meyer. Speculation that Studrawa would rejoin Meyer as OC since he was his OC at Bowling Green.
So would prefer Mike Stoops as DC and Fickell as co-DC or something.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm hearing that Chad Morris, the OC of Clemson, is close to joining Meyer's staff as OC

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-28-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

they say Urban is gonna steal Florida's recruiting coordinator (Pantoni I think).

it would be crazy if we stole morris from clemson. he is a great coach, though clemson's offense has been doing poorly in november. my brother goes to clemson, he would like the move but i can't say any of his classmates would.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder who Mullen would bring to PSU IF he were to get the job. I'm sure his OL coach, S&C coach, and Manny Diaz would be part of the staff, but I'm interested in knowing who else.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The Times-Picayune is reporting that New Orleans Saints WR coach Curtis Johnson is the front runner for the Tulane position. He's the one that recruited both Reggie Wayne and Ed Reed to come to Miami when he was the WR coach there.

As far as I was concerned there was always 3 candidates for Tulane: Johnson, Rich Rod, and Hudspeth. Johnson would be a great hire as he knows the city, knows the high schools, and would likely install an offense similar to what the Saints run.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter