Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-10-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Sumlin to A&M official.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good hire but I think Kirby Smart would have been the "smarter" hire than Sumlin especially with A&M going into the SEC

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/s...coach-football

Jim Mora Jr. The next head coach at UCLA.
I really hate this hire. Very, very mediocre hire especially when comparing it to what Washington State and Arizona did.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I really hate this hire. Very, very mediocre hire especially when comparing it to what Washington State and Arizona did.
Agreed however with a strong staff it may turn out to be a good hire. Time will tell.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, it was kind of a head scratcher for me. I know UCLA isnt a huge football school. but I thought they would be able to do better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Arizona State is able to get Kyle Whittingham I have a few thoughts:

1) What an awesome hire, although unless they throw a truck of money at him, I don't understand the appeal of ASU over Utah.

2) How ******* awful would the Mora hire look then? If I'm conducting a coaching search, I make Gary Patterson, Chris Peterson, Kyle Whittingham, and Bronco Mendenhall all turn me down before I move on. When I do move on, I don't hire Jim Mora.

3) Why in the world did you offer June Jones first?!?!

Old 12-12-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
If Arizona State is able to get Kyle Whittingham I have a few thoughts:

1) What an awesome hire, although unless they throw a truck of money at him, I don't understand the appeal of ASU over Utah.

2) How ******* awful would the Mora hire look then? If I'm conducting a coaching search, I make Gary Patterson, Chris Peterson, Kyle Whittingham, and Bronco Mendenhall all turn me down before I move on. When I do move on, I don't hire Jim Mora.

3) Why in the world did you offer June Jones first?!?!
I seriously doubt Patterson, Peterson and Whittingham are available. I think the Mora hire is a very solid one, he kind of reminds me of Pete Carroll.
UCLA being in LA, needs a big name HC who can handle the press and I believe Mora will be perfect as a college HC. He'll have around 15 starters returning and if he can hold his recruits, the team should be on its way.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:59 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
So Auburn apparently thinks Mark Stoops wants to be their next DC.

With the Defense he'll have at FSU in 2012, this would be career suicide as he'll have a lot of HC offers for the 2013 season.
hes definetly on the short list if that = apparently thinks.

auburn could give him a nice pay raise though i'll tell ya that much.

also, auburns private jet has been in tallahasse twice this past week. now i dunno if it was to visit a recruit or to visit stoops but yeah.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:43 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
So Auburn apparently thinks Mark Stoops wants to be their next DC.

With the Defense he'll have at FSU in 2012, this would be career suicide as he'll have a lot of HC offers for the 2013 season.
God forbid someone leaves your precious noles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Jim Mora is an awful hire, let's recap:

1) NFL guys don't usually work in college (Carroll is an exception)
2) Mora wasn't even a good head coach in the NFL
3) Mora has one year of college experience as a grad assistant

There were so many more qualified guys in the coaching game, but Dan Guerrero went, once again, with the guy from the NFL who looked good in a suit. And, once again, UCLA is going to continue to suck.

At least Charlie Weis has experience in college.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
God forbid someone leaves your precious noles...
FSU finished what, 7th in total D this year, lead the ACC in most categories as well and returns almost everyone, with Mike Harris being the only real player to worry about replacing. To leave that for a rebuilding job under a defensive minded coach would be a very bad career move.

If he were to leave, LB Coach Greg Hudson steps in and FSU runs much the same scheme (probably more blitzing) and Hudson gets credit for being a genius with an elite 2012 defense. Or Stoops stays around, has that elite level defense and has a lot of HC offers.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stoops to auburn is starting to get more real.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Colorado State to hire Jim McElwain
http://www.examiner.com/colorado-sta...football-coach

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like the hire of McElwain. He did a nice job at Alabama and Fresno State (where I figured he would end up)

Old 12-12-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
FSU side says he is committed to FSU. I stand by what I said earlier, if he wants to be a HC anytime soon, he stays at FSU and is a HC in 2013. Going to Auburn, under a Defensive minded HC would ****** the process of becoming a HC.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
mike stoops is waiting for oklahoma to open up their DC job so he can rejoin his brother. he wants to be as close to arizona as possible too since his ex-wife lives there and she has custody of their kids. i assume you are speaking of mark.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess there are rumors of Golden to PSU. Not a splash hire, but it's a solid one.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Golden just signed an extension with Miami about a week ago.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Toledo promotes from within, OC Matt Campbell. They had a great offense this year, so it makes sense.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good hire but I think Kirby Smart would have been the "smarter" hire than Sumlin especially with A&M going into the SEC
They want guys who've been a part of the program before. Guys who "understand" A&M, or some **** like that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

ark st has an offer out to malzahn and hes considering it. hes an arkansas native and all.

i think hes seeing all the big jobs get filled by coaches with HC exp. and may pounce on this. would take a paycut from being auburns oc to ark st hc.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Malzahn should bide his time. Unless he just wants to go home, he should have his pick of any number of high level positions soon. I don't think that Ark State job is a good one for him if he doesn't plan on staying there. He's a great offensive coach, but that's the Sun Belt and that's one of the worst teams in college football history.

He'd have to have some serious balls to attempt to do anything with that program. Would be cool to see it rise up and be a candidate for the Big XII in 8-10 years, though.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

hugh freeze took em to 10-2 and 8-0 in the conference. so its not like theyre terrible. if he had that kind of success in say his first 2 years he would probably get his pickings of any job that was open.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Urban lands another good one with Everett Withers.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

**** Everett Withers.