Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-13-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
**** Everett Withers.
Lol! Ten char
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Urban lands another good one with Everett Withers.
it hasn't happened yet...though it's going to for pretty much certain.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
it hasn't happened yet...though it's going to for pretty much certain.
Gene smith is concerned about him being at UNC during their huge violation fest.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys hear about the PSU head coaching search... yeah neither have I.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Gene smith is concerned about him being at UNC during their huge violation fest.
yeah, but he's not concerned about us keeping coaches that weren't on the staff, which doesn't make sense. Withers was cleared anyway, which is why he was interim head coach.

Annnnnnyway....Urban is telling recruits that Withers is going to be his defensive coordinator so it's pretty much a done deal.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim DeRuyter will be the new head coach at Fresno State

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on the Arizona State coach search?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Any news on the Arizona State coach search?
the ASU scout board says Todd Haley was offered the job and Josh McDaniels has expressed interest. It seems the fans all want Justin Wilcox
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Urban lands another good one with Everett Withers.
wanted him at auburn

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
the ASU scout board says Todd Haley was offered the job and Josh McDaniels has expressed interest. It seems the fans all want Justin Wilcox
Haley and McDaniels both have way too big of ego's to work at the college level. Both young, though...who knows. Their offense's are fairly complex too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I'm impartial, I would be very curious to see what someone like McDaniel's or Haley would do at the college level. Gut instinct tells me neither would work out very well, but the entertainment value is there. Especially with McDaniel's.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Since I'm impartial, I would be very curious to see what someone like McDaniel's or Haley would do at the college level. Gut instinct tells me neither would work out very well, but the entertainment value is there. Especially with McDaniel's.
Haley has anger issues and comes off as a raging dick when things aren't going his way. I don't think his style translates well in the NFL let alone in college.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haley has anger issues and comes off as a raging dick when things aren't going his way. I don't think his style translates well in the NFL let alone in college.
Would work a little better in college because the kids dont have millions of dollars and arent making more than the coach. They better listen, and they better pick it up...NFL guys can tell him to **** himself and not have to worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I've never really liked the guy either. I don't know, he seems like he's really fairly solid as a pure football coach, but I can't see his charming personality getting kids to want to come play for him. McDaniels might have a little bit of that in him though...and tight end screens might just work in the college game haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-13-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jim Mora is an awful hire, let's recap:

1) NFL guys don't usually work in college (Carroll is an exception)

Quote:
Jim Harbough (Stanford) came from the pros and so did Kirk Ferentz (Iowa). I believe Nick Saban started there too although I'm not positive.
It certainly isn't a sure thing but like I said, Mora jr. reminds me a lot of Carroll with all that rah, rah stuff. Just might really work in college better than the pros since he should be a solid recruiter.
2) Mora wasn't even a good head coach in the NFL

Quote:
He took Atlanta to the playoffs, his 1st year as their HC
3) Mora has one year of college experience as a grad assistant

Quote:
Like I said, it is Mora jr.'s personality that might make him perfect for the college game.
There were so many more qualified guys in the coaching game, but Dan Guerrero went, once again, with the guy from the NFL who looked good in a suit. And, once again, UCLA is going to continue to suck.

Quote:
Not so sure.
At least Charlie Weis has experience in college.
That's enough not to hire him IMO.

Look, Mora may be alright or he may not. He kind of has a college personality which might work for him. I don't think it was a terrible hire and it just might work out well for UCLA.
I'm not saying your wrong, just want to see how Mora works out.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Harbaugh spent 1 year as a coach in the NFL and 15 years as a college coach. Ferentz spent 15 years in college before getting the Iowa job. Saban spent 15 years as a college assistant before he got the head coaching job at Toledo, and continued to move himself up the college ranks.

It's called google, give it a try sometime.

2) He took a team that was already good, went to the playoffs one time, and then progressively made them worse until he was fired. He was so good in Seattle they fired him after one season.

3) Personality is a stupid reason to give someone 2.5 million to be your head coach. Lots of people have nice personalities.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gus Malzahn to Arkansas State
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...auburn_to.html

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's ******* bananas. I bet he regrets turning down Vandy.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's ******* bananas. I bet he regrets turning down Vandy.
yup about 2.5mil difference(ish) . crazy.

thanks for the nat champ? if you fail miserably at this whole hc'ing thing, auburn will take ya back.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd bet there are a good bit of Auburn fans that would rather have Malzahn as HC than Chizik.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I'd bet there are a good bit of Auburn fans that would rather have Malzahn as HC than Chizik.
i am not in that boat but there are some sadly.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I would.

Alabama, Auburn, and Florida all looking for new OCs.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) Harbaugh spent 1 year as a coach in the NFL and 15 years as a college coach. Ferentz spent 15 years in college before getting the Iowa job. Saban spent 15 years as a college assistant before he got the head coaching job at Toledo, and continued to move himself up the college ranks.

It's called google, give it a try sometime.

2) He took a team that was already good, went to the playoffs one time, and then progressively made them worse until he was fired. He was so good in Seattle they fired him after one season.

3) Personality is a stupid reason to give someone 2.5 million to be your head coach. Lots of people have nice personalities.
Ha Ha, I can google too.
Your right Harbaugh only coached for 1 season as the QB's coach of the Raiders, however Ferentz was an assistant coach for both the Cleveland Browns and the Baltimore Ravins for 2 seasons.

Mora as a rookie HC went 11-5 with Atlanta only losing to Philly in the NFC championship final. Next year he was 8-8 and with an injured Vick, he only went 7-9 in year 3.
He was fired from the Falcons for jokingly saying on a radio spot that he was interested in taking the Washington Huskies job. His owner didn't find it funny and fired him.
He was later hired to coach the Seattle SeaHawks but was let go when the rich owner decided to hire Pete Carroll.
Overall, a decent record.
It has been mentioned in the press, see what happens when you use Google, that his personality is very close to Carroll's and might suit the college game even better.
Look, I haven't a clue to how the hire will turn out, too many factors to know, but I don't see it as a terrible hire, he'll be well known to prospects from his days on the NFL Network, get a lot of recognition in the LA and surrounding press, and has a young approach to his coaching style which should appeal to recruits.
I think he could be the perfect hire for the star glazed LA market, but only time will tell and you cannot prove otherwise.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Rightfully so in a lot of ways too.

Gus played the coaching carousel and lost. Wow.

....but looking super basic at it all, the ingredients seem to be in place for Gus to do very well very quickly there. They went 10-2 last season, return a quarterback who seems to be a Malzahn type guy(along with old friend Josh Jarobe), and play in the ******* Sun Belt. So it might be a quick stop.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-13-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Rightfully so in a lot of ways too.

Gus played the coaching carousel and lost. Wow.

....but looking super basic at it all, the ingredients seem to be in place for Gus to do very well very quickly there. They went 10-2 last season, return a quarterback who seems to be a Malzahn type guy(along with old friend Josh Jarobe), and play in the ******* Sun Belt. So it might be a quick stop.
The pay difference sucks but he probably looked around and saw that to get a good hc job (and to succeed) he would need some hc experience. Too many assistants have been hired into premiere hc jobs and failed.

Being a hc is about being a well rounded exec not so much an x's and o's guy (don't get me wrong there is still plenty of that).

Unified offense, defense, and st. Streamlined game day execution. Recruiting philosophy and organization. Public appearances and hobnobbing with rich boosters. Talking to media. And a whole bunch of other stuff that an oc can ignore.

To take the lower expectation, lower exposure path at first may be a smart one. His path has been anything but conventional.