Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Outside the box move?

Who's the best Possible DE/OLB guys we could pick?

Anderson if he falls, but he's not a gaurentee. Gaines Adams Solidified a top 10. Possibly a top 5.

Johnson, Spencer, Crowder?

What about this?

Full Name: Bobby L. McCray
Born: August 8, 1981
Miami, FL
Height: 6-6
Weight: 261 lbs.

Pos: DE
Experience: 3 years
College: Florida
Drafted: Year:2004 Round:7 Pick:48, Jaguars

Free Agent Profile

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?playerId=5774

After Reggie Hayward was injured, McCray got the opportunity to play regularly and he took full advantage of the situation as Jacksonville's starting left defensive end. He registered 10 sacks in 2006 in a break out season in his third year in the league. He is a long lean defensive end with an athletic build, great height and long arms. McCray is a fine edge pass rusher who is peaking in all areas of his game and should only be getting better. He has become quite reliable and has worked hard for his success. He is athletic with a fine motor and competes well. He has very good straight line speed and closes well with a burst. When McCray arrives, he is a powerful jolting tackler. He is an attacking player can chase running plays down from behind. He is a fine pass rusher who shows good power on impact, but really excels at getting low, dipping his shoulder and bending the edge on an offensive tackle's outside shoulder. He gets his long arms up well to disrupt throwing lanes and to get his hands on blockers before they can reach his body. McCray is cut rather high and can lose his power when he plays with a narrow base and allows his feet to get too close together. He has a lean lower body and can struggle to hold the point when he plays too high. If he switches teams, he could probably do a nice job as a 3-4 outside linebacker. McCray is an up and comer who is a very good pass rusher and will be in demand around the league.

Draft Profile

http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/246562.html
OVERVIEW
One of the most highly recruited players coming out of high school, McCray never lived up to those lofty expectations at the college level Blessed with outstanding speed (4.6 in the 40-yard dash), McCray appeared in 36 games for the Gators, starting 15 times, including 13 times in his final two years Participated in 1,293 snaps, recording 107 tackles (55 solos) with 14 sacks for minus-77 yards, 20 stops for losses of 86 yards, 31 quarterback pressures, two pass deflections, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a tall frame with very good muscle tone on his upper torso and long, strong arms Has outstanding quickness off the ball and the foot speed to beat offensive tackles off the edge when penetrating unmolested Flashes good hand usage to separate and shed in pass rushing situations Has a great closing burst and uses his long arms to wrap and secure as a tackler Can strike and explode into ball carriers upon contact Can engage blockers quickly, using his upper body strength to jerk and pull down his opponent Has above-average acceleration closing in the short area Has had some success shooting the gaps and crashing into the backfield coming off the edge.

Negatives: His lower body frame, especially his legs, are very skinny and do not have much more room for additional growth Naturally strong, but that power is negated when he constantly gets high in his stance, causing blockers to lock on and knock him around Needs structure, as he must be prodded and pushed to live up to his athletic ability and is known for taking long stretches off (disappears from the game and will show little desire in his play, at times) His high stance prevents him from squeezing down the rush lanes Will flash good hand usage in pass rushing, but will get tied up and get off the line late vs. the run (rarely fights through blocks) Has great closing speed, but his effort lacks consistency Can jerk blockers down, but does not properly use his rip-and-swim moves More of a one-move type, showing little desire to generate secondary and counter moves Non-leader type who will not do things to improve his technique on his own (gives marginal effort, but is the type of player that thinks he has "already" arrived Has great straight-line speed, but is a little stiff in his hips and knee bend.
AGILITY TESTS
4.6 in the 40-yard dash 465-pound bench press 600-pound squat 335-pound power clean 38-inch vertical jump 34-inch arm length 9-inch hands.
HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Homestead (Miami, Fla.) High, playing football for coach Andrew Brown Named to PrepStar's All-America Team and that publication ranked him among the top 20 defensive line prospects in the SEC region National Bluechips ranked him among the nation's top 20 prospects at its rush-end classification SuperPrep ranked him among the state's top 40 players overall and top eight defensive line prospects in Florida despite missing half of the season with an injury Had 32 tackles with seven quarterback sacks in half a season.
PERSONAL
Recreation Program Delivery major Son of Brenda and Bobby McCray Born Bobby L. McCray on Nov. 1, 1981 Resides in Miami, Fla.

... and he can apparently beat Jon Ogden to the QB.

They put the 1st round tender on him. Could possibly deal a 2nd & 4th for him. He would allow us to run the good ol' Miami 3-4/4-3 Hybrid. And he's got Size, Speed, Ability. I think He'd make a damn good first round pick.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a great player but we usually don't like to give draft picks away. This just doesn't look like a Steelers standard move to me.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Looks like a great player but we usually don't like to give draft picks away. This just doesn't look like a Steelers standard move to me.
Understandably.

However. This could be a draft day deal.

Odds are, as many mocks as we trade down.. what are the odds we'll actually get a good trade down? whats our best option for a pass rusher at #15.. unless Hell freezes over and Anderson falls... It may be our best option to pursue McCray. Basically a faster, stronger, already proven Jarvis Moss. Without the 1-game drug suspension.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like where we are sitting in the draft now. Only thing I like at 15 is Levi Brown if he falls to us.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I don't like where we are sitting in the draft now. Only thing I like at 15 is Levi Brown if he falls to us.
Levi Brown won't fall past Minnesota likely.

My opinion, Moss is the best. He's basically a McCray clone that just needs to bulk up, I think he hasn't grown into his body yet.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Levi Brown won't fall past Minnesota likely.

My opinion, Moss is the best. He's basically a McCray clone that just needs to bulk up, I think he hasn't grown into his body yet.
i think hes a one hit wonder, he hasnt done anything before that game to make him noticable, and his combine didnt help him either
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Moss' value dropped when he ran a 4.7 so we'd be reaching for him at 15. If we want him I'd hope for a trade down.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i think hes a one hit wonder, he hasnt done anything before that game to make him noticable, and his combine didnt help him either
I hate reading so much football material. I've flip flopped again, Spencer to me is our best option.. read my mock for why.