Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

sup3rk1ng hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Michael Lewis signs with the niners

Quote:
LEWIS SIGNS WITH NINERS

Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat reports the the 49ers have signed safety Michael Lewis, and that the Niners are close to signing nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin.

The Niners also have signed cornerback Nate Clements, arguably the top free agent on the market.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
sup3rk1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Return to glory for the Niners? All they need to do now is trade up and take Calvin Johnson.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Return to glory for the Niners? All they need to do now is trade up and take Calvin Johnson.

Ah if only

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners have drastically improve their secondary today and if they can sign Franklin, their defense will be pretty solid compared to 24 hours ago. Add players through the draft and the Niners could contender for a playoff spot in the NFC

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Scary thought.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lewis sucks...who cares???
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad move. Michael Lewis was downright awful this past year. They signed an average at best SS. With the plethora of safety talent in this draft this move makes no sense.
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He got toasted early on this season. He got better late in the year, but Considine is just way better than him. He isn't really going to be a big name for the 49ers. He will make some big plays and then totally miss on a big play attempt. Definitely an upgrade on the 49ers though, their safeties were terrible.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need some financial terms.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bad move. Michael Lewis was downright awful this past year. They signed an average at best SS. With the plethora of safety talent in this draft this move makes no sense.
Well, he's definitely better than our current safeties. Keith Lewis has potential, but he needs to improve his coverage. I'm not sure how to feel about this, until I see how much we paid him.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
Well, he's definitely better than our current safeties. Keith Lewis has potential, but he needs to improve his coverage. I'm not sure how to feel about this, until I see how much we paid him.
I guess he can be ok if you paid peanuts for him. But he is by no means an answer at the SS position. He's just another body. I think they still should address the safety position in this draft. Theres plenty of talent for that position, it would do them some good.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a former pro bowler, so he has the potential to be a playmaker for San Francisco. Hopefully for the 9ers they didn't give him a deal as insane as Clements'
Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really wanted the bucs to get lewis.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I guess he can be ok if you paid peanuts for him. But he is by no means an answer at the SS position. He's just another body. I think they still should address the safety position in this draft. Theres plenty of talent for that position, it would do them some good.
Well, he can't be THAT bad...he was a probowler a few years ago and considered a pretty good players before this year. Hopefully, he'll have a walt harris type bounce back year. Like I said before, I'm not sure how to feel about any of these signings...I still feel like we should be addressing our pass rush. It's only the first day of FA, so I'll judge at the end.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
Well, he can't be THAT bad...he was a probowler a few years ago and considered a pretty good players before this year. Hopefully, he'll have a walt harris type bounce back year. Like I said before, I'm not sure how to feel about any of these signings...I still feel like we should be addressing our pass rush. It's only the first day of FA, so I'll judge at the end.
The one thing Ive learned about FAs, through Accorsi and watching the Redskins, is that you can't really go by what they did a couple of years ago. That was then, and this is now. And 90% of the time, theyre let go because theyre simply not what they used to be. You get old in the NFL fast, and Michael Lewis was a PBer in a blitz heavy scheme surrounded by Brown, Sheppard, and Dawkins. And that was 2 years ago. He's older now, and doesn't have the pass rush, or the players in the 2ndary around him to mask some of his deficiencies in SF.

Can it work out, yeah it can. But I wouldn't count on it. Philly is known to be very good in letting go of players. They know when a guy is done, everytime they let somebody go its because he's done. Ask any Eagles fan if you don't believe me.

For SF's sake, I hope it works, but I think they should still address safety in the draft regardless.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Damn 49ers Might Are Going Crazy
They Might As Well Sign Fred Smoot Just For Fun

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
i really wanted the bucs to get lewis.
At least we got him in the Offseason Mock

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Damn 49ers Might Are Going Crazy
They Might As Well Sign Fred Smoot Just For Fun
Ssssshhhhh! It's Topsy Kret

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

I think I cover better than Michael Lewis. he should just move to LB and be undersized. maybe like Cato June.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
holyschmidt

They don't play a zone or cover 2 scheme, so signing Lewis is GREAT. They can mask his coverage deficiencies, and he is a great run stopper and a great tackler. Like the signing for SF. They have a VERY solid team they're building.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the 49ers just spend half there money on non needed players. They could have took Landry and moved Kieth Lewis to SS, then drafted a young CB to play the nickel then moved to the 2nd spot like the vikings did.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
holyschmidt

Reportedley a six year 7.25 million dollar deal. Great value.

http://www.ninercaphell.com/
Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyschmidt View Post
Reportedley a six year 7.25 million dollar deal. Great value.

http://www.ninercaphell.com/
Geez, that's a really good value. I thought it'd be a bit more than that.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Cowboys fan, I'm disappointed that we don't get to face Lewis anymore... :(

Boooo! The Eagles better not find somebody decent to replace him. I can see it now... They're gonna draft Michael Griffin. :(
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
cb9464

I met Michael Lewis about two years ago and was very excited then, but now I see he sucked. He got burnt so bad in pass coverage and is more suited to put on some pounds and play outside linebacker.