Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-18-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The Wizards have Brendan Haywood, Javale Mcgee, Andray Blatche, Oleskiy Pecherov. We don't need anymore lanky defensive big guys. We need a 6-8"-6-9" brute PF with skills.
Yeah, but who at that pick? I thought Thabeet was the most talented guy at that spot who could give you what you were looking for without reaching.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Tyler Smith have a chance to be a lottery pick this year? I heard last year if he came out he could've been picked in the 20's and to me this seems like a weak draft.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Does Tyler Smith have a chance to be a lottery pick this year? I heard last year if he came out he could've been picked in the 20's and to me this seems like a weak draft.
He definitely can be a top 20 pick, but this years draft is a glut of SF's. And there are younger, stronger, and better shooting SF's. I foresee him being overlooked and falling to early 2nd if he declares. I definitely think he declares though because if he stays all 4 years he'll be like 24 when he enters the draft. Everything with Smith depends on if he shows any improvement with his outside shot.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Where do the Cavs need help Ghetto?

I'd say, center. By far.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since the Cavs will no doubt pick in the 20's I think they go BPA. While you want immediate help for LeBron when you pick in that range you are most likely going BPA on a project player, similar to them taking JJ Hickson last season. A hard working rebounding big like Jordan Hill could be the pick if Anderson Varejao is gone. While you do have Delonte West, Mo Williams, and Boobie Gibson you'd have to wonder if they would want a PG like Darren Collison who is a more pure point than anyone the Cavs have but more importantly has potential to be an All NBA defender. Another guy to keep an eye on who would fit this bill would be Rodrique Beaubois, but the fact that he has not shown any sort of jump shot might prevent him from coming overseas. A complementary wing to LeBron who could stroke it could also be a need here. Guys who come to mind Sam Young, Damion James(I know the perfect pick right), Robert Vaden.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Since the Cavs will no doubt pick in the 20's I think they go BPA. While you want immediate help for LeBron when you pick in that range you are most likely going BPA on a project player, similar to them taking JJ Hickson last season. A hard working rebounding big like Jordan Hill could be the pick if Anderson Varejao is gone. While you do have Delonte West, Mo Williams, and Boobie Gibson you'd have to wonder if they would want a PG like Darren Collison who is a more pure point than anyone the Cavs have but more importantly has potential to be an All NBA defender. Another guy to keep an eye on who would fit this bill would be Rodrique Beaubois, but the fact that he has not shown any sort of jump shot might prevent him from coming overseas. A complementary wing to LeBron who could stroke it could also be a need here. Guys who come to mind Sam Young, Damion James(I know the perfect pick right), Robert Vaden.
Thanks for the info. How the hell do you know this much about college BB?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, I gotta look over some top prospects, considering the Nets are awful, mainly Yi. We need SF help in the WORST way right now. Simmons? Hayes? Hassel? really? gross.

and ghetto, I love the learn under LBJ part :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Thanks for the info. How the hell do you know this much about college BB?
Well Basketball is my #1 sport. Also I was an editor for the Cavalier Daily and I still have access to various college sports databases. Personally I know more about the international game than the College game. I have full broadcast to about every single league you can think of from Iran to the Philippines.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Well Basketball is my #1 sport. Also I was an editor for the Cavalier Daily and I still have access to various college sports databases. Personally I know more about the international game than the College game. I have full broadcast to about every single league you can think of from Iran to the Philippines.
That's ill. I saw Jennings play before. What can you tell me about Victor Claver, Vito Faverani, Donatas Motiejunas, Tomislav Zubcic, Alexey Shved
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please everyone stop giving the Bulls a guard...unless it's a guard who is a game changer, the Bulls will not draft one just so they can get rid of Hinrich/Gordon...they would still have 4 guards if we trade one of those

unless we trade Hinrich/Gordon AND Hughes, and receive a legitimate forward/center that can hold his own on offense and defense, they will not draft a guard unless he will have a game changing impact

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky Rubio.
/thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Does Cleveland really need a pure PG with Lebron being the primary ball handler? I think Mo Williams is actually the perfect type of PG for them.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Harden is legit!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have a man crush on Rubio if he became a Clipper

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I would have a man crush on Rubio if he became a Clipper
You didn't learn your lesson on young, skinny, point guards who can't shoot with Shaun Livingston?

Not that his failure was entirely his fault.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It is so weird reading a top 15 pick mock draft and not seeing the knicks in there. That said I hope Calathes or Shved are at our pick if we can't get a shot an athletic center like Thabeet.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
It is so weird reading a top 15 pick mock draft and not seeing the knicks in there. That said I hope Calathes or Shved are at our pick if we can't get a shot an athletic center like Thabeet.
I'm a huge Calathes fan. He has great technique on his shot and is a nice passer. I think he would flourish in Mike D's system.

With that being said, I'm going to be upset not having James Harden as a Knick. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might actually care about the draft this year since the Mavs are on there way to lottery. Yay.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I'm a huge Calathes fan. He has great technique on his shot and is a nice passer. I think he would flourish in Mike D's system.

With that being said, I'm going to be upset not having James Harden as a Knick. =(
Truth be told I expect us to end up in position to add that Thabeet or Harden by the end of the season, if only after we move craw or zbo and curry at the deadline.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Truth be told I expect us to end up in position to add that Thabeet or Harden by the end of the season, if only after we move craw or zbo and curry at the deadline.
I really don't want to touch Thabeet unless he falls out of the lottery. I want NBA ready players who can contribute sooner rather than later and I don't see Thabeet ready for the NBA for another 3 years.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-19-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I really don't want to touch Thabeet unless he falls out of the lottery. I want NBA ready players who can contribute sooner rather than later and I don't see Thabeet ready for the NBA for another 3 years.
Chances are we'll still have Craw or zbo on this team next season. So we're going to have guys who can score, and with this system I don't expect scoring to be a huge problem for us, now if we could add a Center like Thabeet who could actually shut down good NBA big man give us some blocked shots that'd be huge. He wouldn't provide much scoring early, but this team can already score, he helps minimize our weaknesses and can run with this team.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Chances are we'll still have Craw or zbo on this team next season. So we're going to have guys who can score, and with this system I don't expect scoring to be a huge problem for us, now if we could add a Center like Thabeet who could actually shut down good NBA big man give us some blocked shots that'd be huge. He wouldn't provide much scoring early, but this team can already score, he helps minimize our weaknesses and can run with this team.
Thabeet will shut down no one. I think he is athletic and will get blocked shots, but the better big men I think can abuse him physically.

Maybe I'm too hard on Thabeet, but like ghetto mentioned on the first page I've been so up and down with him that I just feel like he is too much of a risk in the top-10 or the lottery.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thabeet will shut down no one. I think he is athletic and will get blocked shots, but the better big men I think can abuse him physically.

Maybe I'm too hard on Thabeet, but like ghetto mentioned on the first page I've been so up and down with him that I just feel like he is too much of a risk in the top-10 or the lottery.
He's been filling out will get stronger yet. This team gives up so much size that smaller players drive against us at will, if there was a reason to dissuade them from driving to the hoop we'd force a lot more outside shots, instead the high percentage layups seemingly anyone can get on us when we're running cold offensively.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
He's been filling out will get stronger yet. This team gives up so much size that smaller players drive against us at will, if there was a reason to dissuade them from driving to the hoop we'd force a lot more outside shots, instead the high percentage layups seemingly anyone can get on us when we're running cold offensively.
Also, I've never been a fan of UConn mostly because that is who everyone rooted for in NY. It was actually a little bit sickening in High School with the amount of love that they would receive.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-19-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's Earl Clark????

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote