Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Blake Griffin just got punched in the balls, stock up for sure. lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without Further or do I bring to you:
My Latest Mock:Full First round:With Explanations

1)Oklahoma City Thunder:Blake Griffin:PF:Oklahoma:No question here that this is the pick. Griffin is clearly the best player in the nation right now. He is a man playing amongst kids. He is a whole different level athletically than everyone else. Monster rebounded. A can’t miss big man prospect. Maybe not a future superstar, but a definite future All-star. The Thunder have a nice young nucleus. It is no doubt that Mr. Durant is their franchise player. He takes the big shots he commands the shots. Aside from that they actually have some awfully nice looking pieces. Durants anointed sidekick from when they were chosen together Jeff Green is showing some real consistency in this his second year. His offensive game is really coming along and I foresee him being the second option on this team in the future. He can pose a mismatch for anyone because of his size and ability to post as well as shoot outside when he is on. Russell Westbrook is an exciting young guy but is still a very raw PG. Earl Watson is serviceable for now he just can't shoot. Nick Collison and Chris Wilcox are two guys I really like but they never bring consistency. Collison is a rebounding machine when he feels like it, and Wilcox can dominate games but it's so random you can't count on him. Drafting Blake Griffin should help stabilize that front court which actually has some decent pieces to it. The Sonics have failed miserably drafting big men ala Robert Swift, Johan Petro, Saer Sene, but I think Griffin is as sure of a bet that you will get from this draft.

2)Washington Wizards:James Harden:SG:Arizona State:This is an awfully hard pick to project for the Wizards. They need a true center with post skills but Thabeet brings them nothing new from what they already have. Mullens is not worth waiting for as they already have so many big man projects. With that the Wizards go with the most NBA ready, and Harden is so smooth and skilled he is ready to be a 15 ppg scorer in the NBA from day 1. He will bring that consistency that Nick young does not. The Wizards really want a skilled post player here, but with Blake Griffin gone they simply must just go with James Harden. And trust me I have no problem with having to "settle" with James Harden if you can call it that. Another option could be Al-Faroq-Aminu as he has some Jamison in him minus all of the crappy stuff, but we already have Blatche who were are expecting things out of. Ideally the Wizards would move Jamison as I truly believe we are going into a youth movement, but it's hard to see someone want to take in his contract and the way he's been chucking up 3's that has got to be a turn off. We need to hire Jeff Van Gundy ASAP.

3)LA Clippers: DeMar Derozan:SG:USC:I've made this pick before but it still makes sense to me. DeRozan is a local guy who is an insane athlete with decent basketball skills. He is yet to put anything together but this is purely a potential pick. Personally as I prospect I don't even like him as much as Gerald Green coming out of high school, but Derozan definitely has the facility to be a good player. Whether or not he puts it all together, only time will tell.

4)Memphis Grizzlies: Patrick Patterson:PF:Kentucky:Call me crazy, but I really think his stock will rise this high in the draft come June because of the total lack of powerful true post big men. The Grizzlies are a nice young and athletic team with plenty of guys willing to shoot the ball, but they lack toughness down low outside of Marc Gasol. Patterson you can knock his height all you want but the guy really has what you look for in a productive PF. Maybe not a star PF but in a thin draft class in which late lottery talent is not far off from late first round talent, I'd take a solid starter any day. I have been a huge fan of Patterson since he was in high school, and think he is vastly underrated. He has an NBA ready body for sure and is a great athlete who can finish around the basket. The thing that separates him from most other big men in the draft are his soft hands and soft touch. As much as people think he will fail because of his height, the same things were said about Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, amongst others. He may only measure around 6-7" without shoes but he has a 7-3" winspan and his strength allows him to boxout any taller player rendering their height useless.

5)Sacramento Kings:Jrue Holiday:PG/SG:UCLA: The Kings have a nice young nucleus in place. Kevin Martin is a borderline allstar while Jason Thompson is starting to look like a genius pick which everyone got on top of them for. The one thing they lack since they lost Mike Bibby is a true PG. While Jrue is far from a true point the Kings are looking for someone who can knock down the jumper off the pick and roll. Jrue has a far way to go but he can play enough PG right now to get by. Personally I prefer Russell Westbrook to him and think Jrue is much closer to Darren Collison than Dwade, but this pick here is made based on potential as well as him having established buzz and hype in the area.

6) Minnesota T'Wolves: Hasheem Thabeet:C:UCONN: Many people rag on Thabeet for his lack of offensive skills and deservingly so, but one thing you can't deny is that guys that tall and athletic hardly come around. His offense game right now is limited to put backs, being lucky around the rim, and the occasional hook, but there is no doubt that he makes a major impact on the floor on the defensive end. With Al Jefferson being one of the top 5 most skilled offensive post players in the league you can afford to have a guy in the lineup who is offensively inept. I'm sure T'wolves fans don't want to hear having Kevin Love on the bench after taking him so high but they would really benefit from having Jefferson at the 4 and a defensive minded big at the 5. Love still is an incredibly skilled player who will still get his 20-30 minutes a game which is exactly what he should be getting. There are just times when you can't have Love isolated out there with an athletic big.

7) Golden State Warriors: Brandon Jennings:PG:USA: I am absolutely sure that many NBA teams are afraid to take Jennings. I will say that there are plenty of NBA systems which he doesn't fit in. Jennings is erratic at times but when he's running in the open floor there is no stopping him. His ability to finish at the rim and find his teammates while going at full speed is second to few. He is still physically skinny and his jumpshot is raw but running the Warriors he could easily average double digits assists early on in his career. The Warriors would be a dream fit for him. Jamal Crawford, Monta, Maggette, Sjax, Belli are all scorers. What they need is someone to give them the ball. I thought Marcus Williams would bring them that but obviously his attitude and lack of athleticism are major turnoffs for Nellie. It's about time they stop drafting big men, because they suck at it. Geez Patrick O'bryant gives me chills, the guy sucks so much. I was laughing when people compared Javale Mcgee to O'bryant, maybe stature but Mcgee is a freak athlete where as O'Bryant is just a freak. Hopefully the Warriors can stop this streak of drafting 6-10" guys who are lighter than Kate Moss.

8) Charlotte Bobcats: BJ Mullens:C:Ohio State: The Bobcats easily most glaring need is for a big man. Emeka Okafor is undersized guarding some centers and Sean May has proven that you really can't take the kid seriously. With that they take Mullens who is a long way from contributing. Many think of him as a top 3 prospect but I don't see him. Personally I would have him in the mid first where a playoff contender could take him and wait on him. He has shown me nothing to say that he should be a contender for the #1 pick which many pegged him in the preseason. He isn't physical like Greg Oden and isn't nearly the offensive player Kosta Koufus showed to be in his one year at Ohio State. I really think Mullens would benefit from a couple more years in college. Let his game develop. I am in no way saying he is a bad prospect, because in fact he's a great prospect. He is big, long, and extremely athletic. Don't get it twisted he may lack some melanin but he is definitely a great athlete. Mullens can finish around the hoop but is absolutely lost on defense and has no clue how to play defenses and read under screens and rotational defense. All that will come with time I guess and the Bobcats have time to wait as they aren't winning any time soon. This however is a far better pick than Alexis Ajinca who I heard landed in Utah because of a slight wind storm in Charlotte.

9) Milwaukee Bucks: Gani Lawal:PF:Georgia Tech: When you look at the Bucks they are pretty set at positions 1-3. Ramon Sessions I think is going to be a great player and should be the outright starter for this team. Luke Ridnour though has played as well as he has in a while so he helps solidify the PG position. The wings are filled with players like Michael Redd, Richard Jefferson, Joe Alexander, Luc Richard who is an absolute steal, as well as Charlie V who I consider a wing. I think they need an athletic big. Gani Lawal definitely fits the bill. No doubt he is taking his game to a completely different level this year and accordingly his draft stock has risen. If he can show the kind of consistency he has in the early season he will easily find himself in the lottery. He still is very raw and IMO needs to fill out his frame more, he also benefits from going to Georgia Tech and getting the Chris Bosh comparison even though I see some similarities, not close.

10) Indiana Pacers:Al Farouq-Aminu:SF/PF:Wake Forest:SF is far from the Pacers biggest need with Danny Granger a future allstar, but IMO at this point in the draft it would be impossible to pass on Aminu who falls more because of team needs rather than talent. Aminu is no doubt one of them most talented freshman in the entire country who can do anything on the floor. He can shoot, rebound, and handle the ball. Polish is really his biggest hurdle but that will come with time.

11) Philadelphia 76ers:Sam Young:SF:Pittsburgh:This pick will surely scratch some heads but the 76ers were expected to be contenders right now but they have failed to do so. The problem is the youth on the team. Andre Iguodala who I loved has taken 5 steps backwards. Thaddeus Young is oozing with potential but has yet to do it on a consistent basis. Mareese Speights looks legit which is why I don't think they need to go big man. Jason Smith though sucked prior to injury but still I think they need a consistent wing man and Sam Young a local product is the epitome of consistency. Young has an NBA ready body. Offensively he is athletic, has a mid range jumper, an improved outside J, and has one of the weirdest but most effective pump fakes out there. Defensively though he is a dream with his physical on man defense. Being a Pitt player you know he has that killer instinct mentality.

12) Miami Heat:Stephen Curry:PG/SG: Davidson: Shooters, that's the name of the game. With guys like Dwade, Beasley and maybe Marion who love to penetrate inside it is imperative the Miami heat gather a collection of shooters who can be recipients to kick outs from Wade's penetration, as well as spread out the floor so that Wade doesn't always have to worry about a crowded lane. In terms of shooters, there is none better in the country than Stephen Curry. It's just in his genes. Dell Curry was one of the best shooters and even his freshman brother at Liberty Seth Curry is lighting up teams and winning games. Sure Curry is undersized and looks like a 12 year old but he can flat out stroke the ball. His 0 points the other week was an aberration and more of a product of the other team wanting to shut him down even if it meant giving up open layups under the hoop. While Curry has made his name for being a shooter he is a capable lead guard. His handle is decent and he can find his teammates when doubled. Playing at all times with either Dwade or Mario Chalmers with him who are big guards, Curry will not have the issue of being an undersized 2. Dwayne Wade and Chalmers can both guard 2 guards enabling Curry to guard point guards eliminating him from being a defensive liability. The fit seems right. And he will surely be scorching for the heat.

13) Chicago Bulls:Tyreke Evans:SG:Memphis:The Bulls desperately need some help here down low but really there is no viable option, so instead they decide to add another scorer with the assumption that either BG or Kirk Hinrich will be gone. Evans has tried his best to do his Derrick Rose imitation and Memphis this year which has lead to some absolutely atrocious shooting nights. The kid however can score the ball. Isn't a great shooter but he can score. With Rose demanding more attention next year Evans will be faced with many one on one opportunities, and going one on one there is no better player in the nation than Tyreke Evans. If you give him the ball he will put it in the hoop. He is similar in some ways to OJ Mayo but definitely longer. I know Bulls fans also probably want someone more defensive minded, but watching this team there are times when they just can't buy a bucket. Tyreke Evans can get you out of a scoring slump quick. He knows how to draw fouls and get to the free throw line.

14) New York Knicks:Victor Claver:SF:Spain: As always, it's almost ceremoniously but the entire Garden will boo this pick as Claver an unknown foreigner to the crowd emerges from the stands. He wasn't invited to be in the green room but he is sitting in the stands wearing a brown suit with his agent on his right and on his left his slick haired dad and his mom showing her cleavage and a little leg. He will take about 20 minutes to get to the stage where David Sterns waits legs shaking as he hates standing up more than a minute. He will put on his oversized Knicks cap as the whole crowd boo's him as he holds up the Knicks 00 jersey. Stephen A Smith will be screaming and hollering about who the eff is this guy. Spike Lee will have the thumbs down. Claver will go on to an interview with Stuart Scott where he has a translator beside him but attempts to answer the questions with his poor English. Vicky D will then go on the air screaming:"How can you pass on the best player in the country Tyler Hansborough, Baby!!! This is Crazy!!! You pass on the next Kevin Mchale for the next Darko!!! This is pure madness!!! Tyreke Evans is still on the board!! He's a diaper dandy baby!!!. After that ridiculous ranting Fran Fraschilla will then hit the stage and bring us with a bootleg looking grainy version of game film on Claver. He will then make the proclamation that Claver is the next Dirk mixed in with a little Peja and Hedo.
Anyways I went on a little tangent there but that's exactly how I picture the Knicks pick in my head. I know Knicks fans probably think this a bad pick because they just took Gallinari and some people are already impatient with him, but D'Antoni will never shoot down an opportunity to draft foreign and add a shooter who fits his system. I have actually watched a great deal of Claver and I can say that I actually like him more than Gallinari. He is much smoother athlete. A more well rounded and smarter basketball player. This isn't one of those Euro's who is just there to chuck up outside shots and score as much as he can. He has great vision and can really pass the ball. As you would expect from a Euro big man he is extremely efficient on the perimeter. I think he compares favorably to Hedo. He isn't the shooter than Hedo is and doesn't have that killer instinct on offense, but he is a much smoother athlete.

15)Dallas Mavericks: DaJuan Summers:SF:Georgetown:Summers is top 10 talent, but because of the system he plays in his stats won’t impress scouts. Measurements wise he is more than a prototypical NBA 3. He is 6-8” and a burly yet athletic 235-240 pounds. As a player he is one of the smartest and unselfish players in the college game today. Playing under JTIII you know that he has a great understanding for the game. Offensively he can really do anything. Great mid range game, decent 3 point shot, can drive, can post. Hailing from the same area as Carmelo Anthony he has a similar offensive game when he is assertive. His scoring demeanor though is closer to Jeff Green. Defensively he plays the 4 in college so he is a good rebounded and can defend multiple positions. Foot speed isn’t the greatest, but it’s good enough. If the Mavs draft him, it would enable them to move Josh Howard who has become a team enigma.

16)Toronto Raptors: Damion James:SF:Texas:Very often I throw the word "NBA Ready Body" loosely, but when it comes to James he truly has an NBA ready body. Skills wise he is still rather raw. He has the facility to be a great player, but hasn't shown that consistency. His biggest weakness is shooting which the past two years he has taken long strides with. Going to the hoop you better get out of his way. Defensively he has the tools to really be a shut down guy with his length, strength, and athleticism. For Raptors fans he may sound eerily similar to Joey Graham which could scare you away, but James is a whole different player, and he can actually raise his arms above his shoulders.

17)New Jersey Nets:Tyler Smith:SF:Tennessee: It is clear that the Nets need another scorer. You can't win consistently when you rely so heavily on Devin Harris and Vince Carter to be your only two offensive producers. As much as Jarvis Hayes wants to be Michael Jordan, he just isn't any good. Never was and never will be. He'll show his flashes but its all a tease. Tyler Smith is not a shooter but he is a scorer. He has consistently put up points the last 3 years in college. He should have some friendly competition next season with Chris Douglas Roberts for playing time.

18)San Antonio Spurs:Tyler Hansborough:PF:North Carolina:This is a Spurs pick if I have ever seen one. It is exactly the type of player they would draft. Tyler is one of the most accomplished collegiate basketball players in the past 2 decades. The problem though is that he's undersized and not particularly skilled. He gets by in college with his strength, but in the NBA he won't be able to just muscle out guys. He is going to get pushed away from the rim and have to resort with half hook shots. He no doubt will find a spot in a rotation with his motor and tenacity, but you are looking at a spot up 7th or 8th man off the bench. He's a good guy to have and a great practice asset to push other players, but his NBA potential is most definitely limited.

19)New Orleans Hornets: Darren Collison:PG:UCLA:I was so high on Collison two years ago and even last year though he'd be a mid first rounder had he declared, and while he may have fallen off the radar for doing a big no no in scouts eyes which is staying 4 years in college, he has become a much better player. A better leader, a more polished player. Who would have thought it but the Hornets are really struggling without Bobby Jackson and Jannero Pargo. They miss that guy who could spell Chris Paul and even play alongside of him and handle the ball duties when Paul is tired. Colllison is very capable of filling that role. He is a taller guard who has a long wingspan and is an excellent defender. Offensively he can run the point as well as finish on his own shots. Chris Paul is your franchises most valuable asset, your #1 priority must be to preserve him for as long of a career thats possible.

20)Phoenix Suns:Gerald Henderson:SG: Duke: I'm not fond of Duke players and think all of them are busts, and I don't even like Henderson that much but I do like his fit with the suns. Henderson is a run in gun type of wing. He isn't the greatest shooter but he finds a way to score. He is a little bit short but he definitely has the skills to go along with the athleticism. He is IMO the best prospect on that Duke team, trust me not a fan of Kyle Singler at all. he's got bust written all over him. I'd take Chase Buddinger over him every single day of the week and I'm not even that high on Buddinger.

21)Sacramento Kings:Ty Lawson:PG:North Carolina:After taking JRue with their first pick, it's time to take a pure point. By taking Lawson you still have insurance in case JRue can't run the point. At the very worse Holiday will be an excellent spark plug off the bench. Ty Lawson is short and can't shoot worth a lick but he can handle the ball, run the point, and pass the ball. He is a more explosive Brevin Knight. He is the type of guy you want running your offense. It's a shame he has made no improvements in his jump shot or else he'd be a lottery pick.

22)Minnesota T'Wolves:Chase Budinger:SF:Arizona:With the T'wolves first selection they took Hasheem Thabeet to take pressure off Jefferson down low, with this pick they take another solid player who can contribute immediately. Corey Brewer has been an utter bust just as I expected, and even is overrated as a defender. Budinger gives you versatility with the ability to do everything on the court. He isn't going to be a big name starter but he's a better version of Mark Madsen. A glue to any team. He is very unselfish and very skilled.

23) Atlanta Hawks:Eric Maynor:PG:VCU:The Atlanta Hawks have been long without a true PG. Mike Bibby has definitely improved his play this year but he will be gone after this season not unless he’s willing to take a huge pay cut. As in the MLE. If he likes Atlanta enough maybe he will, with that said the Hawks are still looking for someone to run point. Maynor is such an intelligent player who can score as well as run a team. He has great size and a killer instinct. Eric Maynor would definitely bring stability to the Hawks backcourt. Playing with freakish athletes like Jesse Pellot-Rosa as well as now with Larry Sanders, Maynor is accustomed to throwing the lob. With Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and Mo Evans you can get 8 assists a game off lobs. What I love about Maynor and think will translate to the NBA and the Hawks is that despite being a talented scorer he knows when to turn it off and on. If his team can't score he'll take over and get inside and finish. If his team is hot he doesn't mind going the whole game without taking a shot to find his teammates. If he can do that at VCU with inferior talent, I am sure he would have no problem in the NBA deferring to guys like Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Al Horford. Also a little bit underrated about Maynor's game is the fact that he is a great rebounding PG and a good defender who is very tenacious with his man to man defense.

24) Detroit Pistons:Patrick Mills:PG:St.Mary's:I am one of those people who did not like the Chauncey Billups trade and I still don't. Rodney Stuckey is still a far ways from developing his point guard skills. That's why I think you take a pure point for at least bench purposes. Mills is short and undersized but a terrific player who proved his worth in the Olympics. He's the quickest player in the draft and can get to any spot on the court he wants to like Tony Parker. He doesn't have that offensive potential like Parker but he isn't that far behind the other PG prospects. His Olympic performance definitely put him on the radar. Fans will immediately love him because he's like a little pit bull.

25) Portland Trailblazers:Omri Cassipi:SF:Israel:I would be awfully surprised if the Blazers actually made this pick. With so many recent draft picks and young talents and even a guy like Joel Freeland waiting to come over, they really don't have the roster space to draft another youngster without sacrificing a veteran bench presense. I could see them trading this pick like the Suns in the past have done for cash considerations. That would give them greater flexibility in the future for resigning their guys, or if they want to make a FA play in the summer of 2010. I know Portland fans are having wet dreams about having LeBron but that isn't happening. But landing a guy like Joe Johnson could make this a championship contending team. If they do make this pick I see they go foreign where they can stash a guy for a while and still own his rights and explore bringing him in down the line. Cassipi is a kid who just needs maturity. I have seen him shoot and he can shoot but from what I've read he's a troubled character and is immature and right now a selfish player on the court. I'd stash him overseas and see if he ever becomes something.

26) Denver Nuggets:Robert Vaden:SG:UAB:It appears that the trade for Chauncey Billups was a great one for the Nuggets. I do see the 2 guard position and major need for them. At this point who really knows about JR Smith. He shows you flashes to make you think he will be good but plays out of control and selfishly. Vaden is a guy who I have been very high on for a while. He's never really looked the part of a big time player, but he has always performed at a high level. He's a lights out, outside shooter who is a good defender and rebounder. This past offseason he lost a lot of weight and trimmed down to an NBA body showing me the type of determination and work ethic this kid possesses.

27) Orlando Magic:Earl Clark:SF:Louisville:The future and status of Hedo Turk is in the air, so Clark gives the Magic the type of versatile 3/4 player that they like. Much like his teammate Terrence Williams, Juan Palacios and really almost every Lousiville Cardinal who has passed by the past 5 years, he is an underachiever. His stats don't really tell the type of prospect he is. Clark is a very smart and unselfish player who can do anything on the floor you ask him of.

28) Cleveland Cavs:Greivis Vasquez:PG:Maryland:Mo Williams is proving that he is a good fit with the Cavs and LeBron, with that I give them Vasquez who gives them that same big guard with a scoring mentality. Vasquez has been absolutely lighting up the ACC the past 3 years, but got on the radar with his performance against Kobe in the championship of the Americas two years ago. His fearlessness to attack the NBA players impressed scouts most. Vasquez is a 6-5" PG who is one of the toughest players you will see. He will leave it out on the floor, scream at the crowd, smack the ground, cry after a loss, the kid just wants to win. You want that type of attitude in your locker room. He has such a fiery attitude and sometimes plays with a reckless abandon but he has organized chaos to his game similar to Manu. He may be swerving all over the court but he always keeps court awareness and knows exactly where his teammates are. His herky jerky style is awkward sometimes though.

29) Minnesota T'wolves:Raymar Morgan:SF:Michigan State:With the Wolves final pick they take Morgan who is more of a project type player. Morgan is long and athletic and is really good inside. His game definitely needs polish though similar to Shannon Brown coming out of Michigan State to the NBA.

30) Los Angeles Lakers:Terrence Williams:SG/SF:Louisville: Williams had minor surgery this year, but I think he is being overlooked during the NBA Draft process. He is the kind of player which I really feel will be a better pro player than college player. In terms of his body he is NBA ready. He is 6'6" and a frame which is ready to take the pounding of an 82 game schedule, and even more if he were to be drafted by the Lakers. His fit with the Lakers and Phil Jackson's triangle offense is perfect. He can back either the 2 or 3 positions which gives him so much more value. He is probably one of the most versatile players in the college game. He is a threat for a triple double every single time he steps on the court. He can rebound, defend, run the floor, pass, handle, and is a decent scorer. I think he would really be a valuable player for the Lakers off the bench.

Players who just missed the cut, and might make my next mock draft:
Connor Atchley, Curtis Jerrels, Jordan Hill, Jeff Adrien, Danny Green, Robert Dozier, A.J. Price, Tyrese Rice

Guys who need to stay in school, or overseas:
Ricky Rubio, BJ Mullens, Greg Monroe, Kyle Singler, Chris Wright(Dayton not Georgetown version), Austin Daye-Kid needs to add some weight and show more offensive skill

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 12-07-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Lawal selection but I think Earl Clark falls too far

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

The more I watch DeMar Derozan I can easily say that he isn't even top 35 in this draft in terms of ability. He will still be taken high if he declares because of his name and "potential" but if I were to give a scouting report on him not knowing who he is, this is what it would be:

Physically needs another 10-15 pounds of muscle before NBA ready. On the defensive end is lost, not a rebounder, bad man defender who plays too loosely on defense and is easily crossed up by quick dribble moves. Offensively the guy is absolutely inept. He has no idea where to be, but the thing that makes him an awful offensive player is his handle. He has such a bad handle and no confidence especially going left. Because of this he can't create his own shot and can't drive. To shut him down all you need to do is come up on him. If he gets the ball on the perimeter he has no confidence dribbling and will pass it away. Even at the rim he definitely has hops and can finish when he is on a fast break alone but he is so soft inside. He never goes up strong and can easily be stopped. I think he definitely has tools to be good if he stays in college for at least 3 years, but IMO if he were to declare this year and his name was John Doe from Missiouri, he wouldn't be drafted.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever gets Damian James is gonna be extremely pleased. While he'll never be a deep shooting threat, his motor, athleticism, and "want" on the glass are second to none. He's such a great player for us, i'm gonna hate to see him leave.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The more I watch DeMar Derozan I can easily say that he isn't even top 35 in this draft in terms of ability. He will still be taken high if he declares because of his name and "potential" but if I were to give a scouting report on him not knowing who he is, this is what it would be:

Physically needs another 10-15 pounds of muscle before NBA ready. On the defensive end is lost, not a rebounder, bad man defender who plays too loosely on defense and is easily crossed up by quick dribble moves. Offensively the guy is absolutely inept. He has no idea where to be, but the thing that makes him an awful offensive player is his handle. He has such a bad handle and no confidence especially going left. Because of this he can't create his own shot and can't drive. To shut him down all you need to do is come up on him. If he gets the ball on the perimeter he has no confidence dribbling and will pass it away. Even at the rim he definitely has hops and can finish when he is on a fast break alone but he is so soft inside. He never goes up strong and can easily be stopped. I think he definitely has tools to be good if he stays in college for at least 3 years, but IMO if he were to declare this year and his name was John Doe from Missiouri, he wouldn't be drafted.
He was disgusting today against Oklahoma in the first half. Didn't watch the 2nd half though. In the first half I was really impressed with Taj Gibson and his ability to grab offensive rebounds. He has the raw talent to be a late 1st rounder in my opinion but he's really slight(don't want to say thin because the guy is pretty chisled).

Gotta love any mock with Greivis Vasquez in round 1
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
He was disgusting today against Oklahoma in the first half. Didn't watch the 2nd half though. In the first half I was really impressed with Taj Gibson and his ability to grab offensive rebounds. He has the raw talent to be a late 1st rounder in my opinion but he's really slight(don't want to say thin because the guy is pretty chisled).

Gotta love any mock with Greivis Vasquez in round 1
Yeah I watched the whole game, his second half was so disgusting. Taylor Griffin absolutely owned him when he went for a dunk. It was pathetic seeing him go up soft under the basket with soft layups. What are hops for if you can't finish strong at the rim.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I watched the whole game, his second half was so disgusting. Taylor Griffin absolutely owned him when he went for a dunk. It was pathetic seeing him go up soft under the basket with soft layups. What are hops for if you can't finish strong at the rim.
DeRozan or Gibson?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOVE the Tyler Smith pick. LOVE it. I've had my eye on him for the Nets for a while, even last year when I thought he might enter. Now that we're playing well for our expectations and probably not lotto right now, Smith is an excellent pick and value
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mmmm, Dajuan Summers.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns don't run and gun anymore

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good mock, but I must say, Thabeet's offensive game has really looked vastly improved this year. He's developed some post moves and looks solid. He's not polished by any means but he's a very coachable player and has improved by leaps and bound each year at UConn. I have little doubt he will continue to do so at the next level.

Best thing about him is he runs well for a big guy and can give you some good minutes. He's in much better shape this year too and really added some muscle during the off-season.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

When do the Wiz get that pick from the Grizzlies for that Spanish dude?
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
When do the Wiz get that pick from the Grizzlies for that Spanish dude?
Never. The JCN trade has protection for the entire lottery. Basically if in 4 years the Grizz never make the playoffs, which is going to happen, the first rounder becomes 2 second rounders. But whatever. At least it's something, sucks for the Grizz he went back to spain for life after just 1 season.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love seeing Patrick Patteson that high. I personally grade him higher than I do Blake Griffin.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
28) Cleveland Cavs:Greivis Vasquez:PG:Maryland:Mo Williams is proving that he is a good fit with the Cavs and LeBron, with that I give them Vasquez who gives them that same big guard with a scoring mentality. Vasquez has been absolutely lighting up the ACC the past 3 years, but got on the radar with his performance against Kobe in the championship of the Americas two years ago. His fearlessness to attack the NBA players impressed scouts most. Vasquez is a 6-5" PG who is one of the toughest players you will see. He will leave it out on the floor, scream at the crowd, smack the ground, cry after a loss, the kid just wants to win. You want that type of attitude in your locker room. He has such a fiery attitude and sometimes plays with a reckless abandon but he has organized chaos to his game similar to Manu. He may be swerving all over the court but he always keeps court awareness and knows exactly where his teammates are. His herky jerky style is awkward sometimes though.
O hell yes.

I want this kid on the Cavs NOW.

We have no one with those traits I bolded above.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you think that NBA teams feel about Brandon Jennings as of right now that he is not getting minutes with his Euroleague team? Do you expect him to gradually get more PT with improved production, or could this be the beginning of a huge fall for Jennings?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
How do you think that NBA teams feel about Brandon Jennings as of right now that he is not getting minutes with his Euroleague team? Do you expect him to gradually get more PT with improved production, or could this be the beginning of a huge fall for Jennings?
I see Jennings earning his minutes as he adjusts to the team game over there and by the end of the season being a significant contributer, which I think will also help him polish and control his game which might not help his stock but will help make him a better player.

As or the mock draft I like Claver and wouldn't mind him, but not with our only pick. Wilson Chandler shouldn't play the 2 ever and there isn't going to be enough minutes at the four for him and he's looked good even if he hasn't been as aggressive as he should be with his strength. Hopefully though we'll either be in position to grab Harden or THabeet or Jennings falls to us if we stay a middle of the pack team.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a steal of Patterson in the mock draft. =P

Also, don't say I know a lot about the Spaniard, but if he is worth the #14 pick than I am okay going European. Anything to not increase pay roll unless it is a bonfide star.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I got a steal of Patterson in the mock draft. =P

Also, don't say I know a lot about the Spaniard, but if he is worth the #14 pick than I am okay going European. Anything to not increase pay roll unless it is a bonfide star.
Claver's a more athletic but shorter version of gallo. The big difference is to me gallo is a big kid who can pack on some muscle and become a legit four with that highly developed skillset while Claver seems more a pure perimeter player. I just feel like this is the same type of redundant drafting that's been ineffective for us in the past. Wouldn't mind him as a late purchased first rounder or second rounder but using our top pick on him annoys me when we could grab a PG to groom like Catheles, Maynor, Mills, Collison or Lawson or even a raw big man who could help on D by at least giving us some power inside who contested shots, not as well versed in the available centers outside of Thabeet and Mullens.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just give the Clippers someone who will produce at the NBA level. Ive seen too many potential picks from them... See Gordon and Livingston.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Just give the Clippers someone who will produce at the NBA level. Ive seen too many potential picks from them... See Gordon and Livingston.
darius miles...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
darius miles...
You both are forgetting the worst pick of them all

The Kandi Man. Michael Olowakandi
Old 12-05-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Number of Top 10 Picks By The Clippers............25
Number of Top 5 Picks By The Clippers..............14
Number of Top 3 Picks By The Clippers..............11
Number of First Overall Picks By The Clippers......2

It's alot to take in at once.

How about Tyson Chandler back in 2001? He sucks right lol.. Wait... he doesnt suck? ****!

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you clippers have a terrible drafting history so believe me you don't want to pass on Rubio

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote