Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
27) Orlando Magic:Earl Clark:SF:Louisville:The future and status of Hedo Turk is in the air, so Clark gives the Magic the type of versatile 3/4 player that they like. Much like his teammate Terrence Williams, Juan Palacios and really almost every Lousiville Cardinal who has passed by the past 5 years, he is an underachiever. His stats don't really tell the type of prospect he is. Clark is a very smart and unselfish player who can do anything on the floor you ask him of.

Earl Clark is a balla, but he's not the guy I want for the Magic.

I'm surprised my boy isn't in your mock...

This guy is THE ONLY guy I want for my Magic.

Ghetto, you know I liked his brother... well I LOVE him. His basketball IQ is so advanced. It's off the charts. He already possess better vision than most NBA PGs. He has an exellent mid-range game and his 3pt range is NBA legit. He's got length at the PG position that is rare and it allows him to be a good defender although he's a better zone defender than man. At 6'6" he would give the Magic another dimension at PG. Would be the perfect compliment to the diminutive Jameer. He's not oozing with athleticism or anything, but neither is Steve Nash. I just love everything about what he could offer the Magic. If we have a chance to get him and we pass, I'll be sick.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Earl Clark is a balla, but he's not the guy I want for the Magic.

I'm surprised my boy isn't in your mock...

This guy is THE ONLY guy I want for my Magic.

Ghetto, you know I liked his brother... well I LOVE him. His basketball IQ is so advanced. It's off the charts. He already possess better vision than most NBA PGs. He has an exellent mid-range game and his 3pt range is NBA legit. He's got length at the PG position that is rare and it allows him to be a good defender although he's a better zone defender than man. At 6'6" he would give the Magic another dimension at PG. Would be the perfect compliment to the diminutive Jameer. He's not oozing with athleticism or anything, but neither is Steve Nash. I just love everything about what he could offer the Magic. If we have a chance to get him and we pass, I'll be sick.
If the knicks can't get Harden, Rubio, Thabeet or Mullens and are picking in the late lotto he's one of the top kids I want on the knickerbockers. He's got a foreign enough name for Mike D to like him and he'd be an awesome PG with time in this offense, especially if nash comes over for a last run in 2010 to school him some more.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:57 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
If the knicks can't get Harden, Rubio, Thabeet or Mullens and are picking in the late lotto he's one of the top kids I want on the knickerbockers. He's got a foreign enough name for Mike D to like him and he'd be an awesome PG with time in this offense, especially if nash comes over for a last run in 2010 to school him some more.
No. Just stay away. He's mine. All mine. :p

Seriously tho, he is the type of guy the Magic love. Nick said it best himself. He considers himself to be a mix between Steve Nash and Mike Miller. With his stellar celebral play Calathes is exactly the kind of guy we need.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:05 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Calathes=Matt Walsh. He's a guy that does everything......average.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Nick Calathes=Matt Walsh. He's a guy that does everything......average.
Walsh and Calathes are nothing alike. Not sure where that one comes from outside of them going to the same school. Calathes will be primarily a PG in the NBA. Walsh didn't have an ounce of PG mentality in him. You are right, Walsh was average in everything, but Calathes is an exceptional passer. Like I said, he's already better than a lot of NBA PGs as far as floor vision goes. Then you combine his rare size and ball handling for a tall PG... factor in his ability to shoot... advanced basketball IQ.... then you have much more than a common average player.

He's rail thin and could still be growing height wise, but he'll put on the right weight when he becomes a man. He doesn't have great athleticism and you won't see him throwing down monstrous dunks. He does have some problems when smaller PGs blaze past him, but that's why he could fall to the Magic's range. He's not the perfect prospect for all teams, but he's the perfect prospect for the Magic.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:24 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Walsh and Calathes are nothing alike. Not sure where that one comes from outside of them going to the same school. Calathes will be primarily a PG in the NBA. Walsh didn't have an ounce of PG mentality in him. You are right, Walsh was average in everything, but Calathes is an exceptional passer. Like I said, he's already better than a lot of NBA PGs as far as floor vision goes. Then you combine his rare size and ball handling for a tall PG... factor in his ability to shoot... advanced basketball IQ.... then you have much more than a common average player.

He's rail thin and could still be growing height wise, but he'll put on the right weight when he becomes a man. He doesn't have great athleticism and you won't see him throwing down monstrous dunks. He does have some problems when smaller PGs blaze past him, but that's why he could fall to the Magic's range. He's not the perfect prospect for all teams, but he's the perfect prospect for the Magic.
I've watched Calathes a few times and I just come away very unimpressed. Offensively his game seems very limited at the next level and as you mentioned has slow lateral foot speed so he'll be a defensive liability.

If you're looking for a similar player that I am high on it'd be Matt Bouldin of Gonzaga. 6'5" 225 lbs with deep range on his jump shot and solid passing skills
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I've watched Calathes a few times and I just come away very unimpressed. Offensively his game seems very limited at the next level and as you mentioned has slow lateral foot speed so he'll be a defensive liability.

If you're looking for a similar player that I am high on it'd be Matt Bouldin of Gonzaga. 6'5" 225 lbs with deep range on his jump shot and solid passing skills
There's some give and take with his lateral foot speed. He's not slow. He's just slower against small quick guards. It's not like he's a lumbering or uncoordinated guy. Because he is 6'6" and has long arms, his defensive liability is also diminished.

I also love to see his growth. He's gotten better this year with his shooting accuracy, has started to gain weight and fill out (still a long ways to go), and he already seems to have mastered Donovan's offense despite being asked to play PG, SG and SF at times.

Now, by all means, I'm not trying to convince everyone that he's the second coming of God and you all should love him or something. He's got flaws, otherwise he'd be talked about much more. ...but I don't see anything that would keep him from being successful in the NBA. I'm just saying I would love him for the Magic. I don't want any other team to take him and I hope he doesn't get too much hype that he's out of range for the Magic.

I think he's Shaun Livingston with a shot.

Matt Bouldin is another Gonzaga player who will fail to live up to expectations in the NBA... if he's even drafted.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-05-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Calathes is the most underrated player in the nation right now imo. I don't understand why he doesn't get any attention, him and Tyler Smith are the two best players in the SEC. He doesn't get hit shot off quickly at all, which could turn off some teams.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Nick Calathes is the most underrated player in the nation right now imo. I don't understand why he doesn't get any attention, him and Tyler Smith are the two best players in the SEC. He doesn't get hit shot off quickly at all, which could turn off some teams.
SHhhh!!! Don't say that!!! I don't want the word to get out! haha. jk.

He does shoot better with his feet set than on the run for pull up jumpers.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Matt Bouldin is another Gonzaga player who will fail to live up to expectations in the NBA... if he's even drafted.
I agree. I just like watching him play. As a matter of fact I like that whole Gonzaga team
Old 12-05-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I agree. I just like watching him play. As a matter of fact I like that whole Gonzaga team
He plays like his hair is on fire, but he's wreakless at the same time.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You both are forgetting the worst pick of them all

The Kandi Man. Michael Olowakandi
over vince carter...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Mullens has done nothing this year can't see him entering this year.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Mullens has done nothing this year can't see him entering this year.
7 footers with potential rarely stay in school
Old 12-05-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:
7 footers with potential rarely stay in school
I know but he has been less productive than DeAndre Jordan was last year.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
Old 12-05-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
I know but he has been less productive than DeAndre Jordan was last year.
Problem with that statement is DeAndre Jordan didn't have nearly the offensive potential Mullens has.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

Quote:
Problem with that statement is DeAndre Jordan didn't have nearly the offensive potential Mullens has.
Deandre Jordan is more athlectic with better defensive potential so it is even.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would rather want to take a SG so our line up could be something like;

PG: Jose Calderon, Roko Ukic
SG: Rookie, IDK
SF: Andrea Bargnani, Jason Kapono, Jamario Moon
PF: Chris Bosh, Kris Humphries
C: Jermaine O'Neal, IDK
Old 12-06-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barganani is so awful at the 3, he can't hang defensively with any 3 in the league. Whenever he's in the game the guy he is guarding gets open 3's all day and can drive past him and draw fouls on Bosh and JO.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bored. No explanations, I'm not nearly as ambitious as STRIP.

1. Oklahoma City Thunder- Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma

2. Washington Wizards- James Harden, SG, Arizona State

LA Clippers- Ricky Rubio, PG, Spain

4. Memphis Grizzlies- Hasheem Thabeet, C, Connecticut

5. Sacramento Kings- Brandon Jennings, PG, Italy

6. Minnesota Timberwolves- Al Farouq-Aminu, SF, Wake Forest

7. Golden State Warriors- Jrue Holiday, PG/SG, UCLA

8. Charlotte Bobcats- BJ Mullens, C, Ohio State

9. Milwaukee Bucks- Patrick Patterson, PF, Kentucky

10. Indiana Pacers- Tyreke Evans, SG, Memphis

11. Philadelphia 76ers- Demar DeRozan, SG, USC

12. Miami Heat- Stephen Curry, PG/SG, Davidson

13. Chicago Bulls- Gani Lawal, PF, Georgia Tech

14. New York Knicks- Nick Calathes, PG, Florida

Just did the lottery for now, I'll do the rest later.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good choice for milwaukee

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

That'd make me happy. That and if walsh could somehow get dionte chrismas in the second round as he just seems like a mike D type of player.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick Mock(Order by Win%)

1. OKC - Hasheem Thabeet
2. WAS - Blake Griffin
3. LAC - Ricky Rubio
4. MIN - James Harden
5. SAC - Brandon Jennings
6. GS - Jrue Holiday
7. MEM - Al-Farouq Aminu
8. CHA - DeMar DeRozan
9. IND - Stephen Curry
10. NY - Patrick Patterson

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:50 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

1. OKC - Hasheem Thabeet
2. WAS - Blake Griffin
3. LAC - Ricky Rubio
4. MIN - James Harden
6. GS - Jrue Holiday
7. MEM - Al-Farouq Aminu
8. CHA - DeMar DeRozan
9. IND - Stephen Curry
I'd be so happy if Washington got Blake Griffin. Griffen + McGee=awesome youth front court
Old 12-07-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

1. OKC - Hasheem Thabeet
2. WAS - Blake Griffin
3. LAC - Ricky Rubio
4. MIN - James Harden
6. GS - Jrue Holiday
7. MEM - Al-Farouq Aminu
8. CHA - DeMar DeRozan
9. IND - Stephen Curry
After drafting Sene and Petro who are similar prospects to Thabeet, there is no way they would get Thabeet. To be honest I actually liked Sene as a prospect more than I do Thabeet based on Sene's build and better athleticism.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote