Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Speaking of geriatrics, what would you say about the Saints targeting WR David Patten, formerly of New England and Washington?

Also, it seems that former Saints wide receiver Az Hakim is off the market, as he was signed by the Dolphins to a one-year deal.

So now it seems that the bigger names that are still available are Bobby Engram, David Patten, Corey Bradford, Antonio Bryant, and yes, Keenan McCardell.

Any one really jump out at you (besides TPFKA#1SaintsFan's man-crush on McCardell )?
The names jump out at me in the fact that they used to names related to consistency but now are either inconsistent or are extremely aging veterans that still yearn to play in the league.

I still think Eric Moulds should be the guy we go after. He'd be a great #2 with Colsten as #1, but it looks like we won't sign anyone else in FA after acquiring Olindo Mare. It's kind of ashame since Ian Scott is still on the market.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Nice deal for the Saints. Carney is retiring, and Mare is better than any of our other options (Vanderjagt or a late round rookie).

We probably would have had to draft Crosby with our second rounder in order to get him. A kicker is just not worth a pick that high.
I completely disagree. Olindo Mare is not the kicker he was years ago, when he was automatic for the Dolphins. His accuracy and range has decreased over the last few years and he's no Spring chicken, either.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I completely disagree. Olindo Mare is not the kicker he was years ago, when he was automatic for the Dolphins. His accuracy and range has decreased over the last few years and he's no Spring chicken, either.
You, disagree with me? No f'n way! Who saw that coming?

Mare IS a spring chicken when compared to Carney. He's 10 years younger than Carney. He's also a 10 year vet, which, for a kicker, is probably equivalent to a 5 year veteran position player. He's still got one of the strongest legs in the NFL, so I don't know how you could say his range has decreased, and I believe he was the best on kickoffs in the league as well, which means we won't have to waste another roster spot on a guy just for kickoffs. He did struggle at the beginning of last year, but finished up very strong. I suppose you're basing the whole "his accuracy has decreased" just from looking at his FG% last year. Eh... whatever. He's a guy who can be relied on to make the 50 yard FG AND handle kickoff duties, neither of which could be said of Carney. I don't know who you had in mind, but I would greatly prefer Mare over Vanderjagt or a late round rookie.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He did struggle at the beginning of last year, but finished up very strong. I suppose you're basing the whole "his accuracy has decreased" just from looking at his FG% last year. Eh... whatever. He's a guy who can be relied on to make the 50 yard FG AND handle kickoff duties, neither of which could be said of Carney. I don't know who you had in mind, but I would greatly prefer Mare over Vanderjagt or a late round rookie.
Also I think we have to keep in mind half of Mare's misses last year came from 50 yards and beyond. So he was attempting some very low percentage kicks.

Some Dolphin fans have told me Mare's biggest problem was kicking from the Infield Dirt in Dolphin Stadium they have during baseball season. Kicking in a Dome on artificial turf should prolong his career by a few more years, and yes he led the league in Touchbacks last year with 24.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

jagsfreak27 needs more cowbell.

He is a solid kicker I think he will do you guys a lot of good.

Jags:8-8
Duke B-Ball:22-10
Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You, disagree with me? No f'n way! Who saw that coming?

Mare IS a spring chicken when compared to Carney. He's 10 years younger than Carney. He's also a 10 year vet, which, for a kicker, is probably equivalent to a 5 year veteran position player. He's still got one of the strongest legs in the NFL, so I don't know how you could say his range has decreased, and I believe he was the best on kickoffs in the league as well, which means we won't have to waste another roster spot on a guy just for kickoffs. He did struggle at the beginning of last year, but finished up very strong. I suppose you're basing the whole "his accuracy has decreased" just from looking at his FG% last year. Eh... whatever. He's a guy who can be relied on to make the 50 yard FG AND handle kickoff duties, neither of which could be said of Carney. I don't know who you had in mind, but I would greatly prefer Mare over Vanderjagt or a late round rookie.
And the fact that you would actually react to what I said was a shocker to me...

Look, all I'm saying is that I didn't think that the Saints needed to trade a sixth-round selection for Mare.

First of all, Mare is thirty-three years old and has been in the league for 10 years now. I realize that this is nothing in comparison to the 42-year-old Carney, but he's still not that young.

As for the fact that his accuracy and range has decreased... here are the straight forward facts:
(per NFL.com and ESPN.com)

In 2006, (last season) Mare attempted 36 field goals. And missed 10 of them. While he was perfect from inside 29 yards (10 for 10), he missed four field goals between 40 and 49 yards, and missed all but one of his attempts from more than fifty yards. Also, he had two field goals blocked, the most ever for his career.

Compare this to just three seasons ago (2003), when he was 22 for 29, including being almost 72 percent on field goals longer than 39 yards.

It does seem that he did do well in the end of the season, but again, looking a little deeper at the stats, the best performance was in his last game, when he made five field goals against the Colts. Other than that, he wasn't all that consistent, going less than fifty percent in six games, and not attempting field goals in a game against Buffalo.

Again, these are facts. Personally, I will say I would have preferred if the Saints would have drafted a kicker in the later rounds but as it is, I hope that Mare can resurrect his career with the Saints. As Auron pointed out, part of the problem could be the infield dirt at Dolphins Stadium, so maybe moving indoors would be a good thing.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 04-08-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again, these are facts. Personally, I will say I would have preferred if the Saints would have drafted a kicker in the later rounds but as it is, I hope that Mare can resurrect his career with the Saints. As Auron pointed out, part of the problem could be the infield dirt at Dolphins Stadium, so maybe moving indoors would be a good thing.
I think it will turn out to be an ok move in the end, as you stated his best game of the year came inside the RCA Dome, so that leads me to believe he'll fare much better indoors with us.

I agree that the decreased accuracy is a bit of a concern, but it may just have been a down year for him. A lot of times teams panic after a player has one bad year.

I believe the biggest difference we'll notice will be on kickoffs. Where now we finally have a guy that consistently kick off past the 20 yard line, so we're not conceding field position, our Defense is going to need as much help as it can get, and now we don't have to devote 2 entire roster spots to a kicker.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I think it will turn out to be an ok move in the end, as you stated his best game of the year came inside the RCA Dome, so that leads me to believe he'll fare much better indoors with us.

I agree that the decreased accuracy is a bit of a concern, but it may just have been a down year for him. A lot of times teams panic after a player has one bad year.

I believe the biggest difference we'll notice will be on kickoffs. Where now we finally have a guy that consistently kick off past the 20 yard line, so we're not conceding field position, our Defense is going to need as much help as it can get, and now we don't have to devote 2 entire roster spots to a kicker.
This is another gamble taken by Sean Payton and the Saint's Front Office. The gamble may pay off, like it did with Scott Fujita and Scott Shanle last year, or it could be like the gamble they took on Mark Simoneau, someone who comes in and does just enough not to be overtaken by someone who is on the second team.

For the Saints sake, and for my own, I hope the gamble will pay off, just as I hope the gamble pays off with Eric Johnson. One thing we do have to keep into consideration is that Mare played in the AFC East where a lot of teams play in terrible kicking weather. Carney's career was prolonged when we brought him here from San Diego and I am sure it will do the same with Mare's.

We still may draft a kicker in the late rounds as someone like Justin Medlock or Nick Folk may be there. One good thing is that the Saints have quite a bit of drafts picks and not that many positions on the field where we need immediate help so giving up a 6th Rounder for a player who can still turn his career around is not too risky. It is borderline risky, in my opinion, but as I said earlier, we will see if this gamble pays off.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
And the fact that you would actually react to what I said was a shocker to me...

Look, all I'm saying is that I didn't think that the Saints needed to trade a sixth-round selection for Mare.

First of all, Mare is thirty-three years old and has been in the league for 10 years now. I realize that this is nothing in comparison to the 42-year-old Carney, but he's still not that young.

As for the fact that his accuracy and range has decreased... here are the straight forward facts:
(per NFL.com and ESPN.com)

In 2006, (last season) Mare attempted 36 field goals. And missed 10 of them. While he was perfect from inside 29 yards (10 for 10), he missed four field goals between 40 and 49 yards, and missed all but one of his attempts from more than fifty yards. Also, he had two field goals blocked, the most ever for his career.

Compare this to just three seasons ago (2003), when he was 22 for 29, including being almost 72 percent on field goals longer than 39 yards.

It does seem that he did do well in the end of the season, but again, looking a little deeper at the stats, the best performance was in his last game, when he made five field goals against the Colts. Other than that, he wasn't all that consistent, going less than fifty percent in six games, and not attempting field goals in a game against Buffalo.

Well, you could have just as easily replied to or acknowledged anybody else that agreed with my stance, but whatever.

If you're going to talk about "facts," let's look at the whole spectrum. Comparing just two seasons out of Mare's 10 automatically loses any credibility your argument might have had with me. Let's look at his entire career, shall we?

1997-2005:
FG 20-29 yds: 82-88 (93.2%)
FG 30-39 yds: 67-78 (85.9%)
FG 40-49 yds: 53-73 (72.6%)
FG 50+ yds: 13-24 (54.2%)

2006:
FG 20-29 yds: 10-10 (100.0%)
FG 30-39 yds: 6-8 (75.0%)
FG 40-49 yds: 9-12 (75.0%)
FG 50+ yds: 1-6 (16.7%)

As you can clearly see, the category that jumps out as the major drop-off is 50+ yard FGs. His percentage from 40-49 was actually a little better than his career average, so the 50+ yard attempts are definitely what brought his overall percentage down... but this is where it gets tricky. While I am in no way trying to imply that Mare didn't perform poorly from 50+, there was only ONE other season over the span of his entire career in which he attempted that many FGs from that distance. You already know what year that was, Dome Patrol. I know you only chose 2003 because it would support your argument, and yes, he DID make a career best 4-6 from 50+. But overall, 2003 was also (statistically) one of Mare's worst seasons in the league. His 40-49 yard percentage was the same as it was in 2006, 75%, but he only made 3 out of 6 from 30-39 yards, a career low 50%. His overall percentage in 2003 was the third worst of his career. I find it oh so very ironic that you'd pick his third worst season in the league to compare against his worst season in the league, and use that comparison to show me how his skills have declined from then to now. He was not good in 2003, and he was not good in 2006.

One of his 50+ yarders this past season would have been his career long had he made it, so I'd say he was more like 1-5. Anyway, that's still not very good, is it? Take away his career low 1-6 (2006) and his career high 4-6 (2003). Without those two seasons, his career percentage from 50+ yards is 50%. Now add them both back to his career stats, and his career percentage is still right at 50%. There is no evidence to suggest that last year wasn't just a bad season for him from 50+, just as 2003 was an extremely good season for him from 50+.

He's still got one of the strongest legs in the NFL. You can't say that his leg strength has decreased just from looking at some field goal percentage stats. That's like saying a QB doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL because his completion percentage is too low. It makes no sense. Watch him kick. That thing is a cannon.

Mare gives us a much better chance to hit the 50+ yarder than John Carney ever did (hell, they wouldn't even let Carney try the last few years). He also brings the best leg in the NFL on kickoffs to a team that had to waste a roster spot on a kicker just to handle those duties last season. And for a 6th round pick? We had two 6th round picks last year, neither played a down, and neither is even with the team anymore. I really don't understand how a couple of you Saints fans think, but nothing really surprises me anymore.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Last edited by TPFKA#1SaintsFan : 04-09-2007 at 10:09 AM.
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

I'm looking for a link, but it's being posted on other Saints boards that the Saints are hosting Free agents Ralph Brown (CB), Jack Brewer (DB), and Orlando Huff. (LB)

Adam Schefter is reporting FA Cornerback Tory James is deciding between the Saints, Patriots, Packers, and Raiders.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

alot of people tend to forget, but the Saints had a fieldgoal attempt to try and take the lead against the bears in the championship game, but the miss totally sent to momentum the other way. I think he was worth a 6th round pick, it can't really hurt us too much
Old 04-10-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

I have seen this also, but the only notable one in my opinion would be Tory James. The others could add depth sure, but not be significant players or even improvements.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints signed Troy Evans (MLB, Texans), per NFL-Network crawler....

he is a ST guy and will most likely take Melton's former spot...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235373
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post
Saints signed Troy Evans (MLB, Texans), per NFL-Network crawler....

he is a ST guy and will most likely take Melton's former spot...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235373
Link? Any sources?

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 04-11-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Quote:
Link? Any sources?
i stated per NFL-Network crawler as a source...here is another 1....

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

look towards the bottom.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post
i stated per NFL-Network crawler as a source...here is another 1....

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

look towards the bottom.
Yeah, I see it. Eh, I don't know what to say. He doesn't seem to be anything more than a special teamer.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty much all he is. To replace Melton or Danny Clark for special teams. There are conflicting reports that Tory James (CB of the Bengals) is close to signing with us, though. We'll see.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

The Saints have signed Free agent WR, David Patten. Link

It's also on KFFL.
Quote:
Saints | Team signs Patten
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:11:45 -0700

The NFL Network reports the New Orleans Saints signed free-agent WR David Patten (Redskins). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
1 year deal, it's not bad. He brings veteran leadership to a young position spot on our team, I expect him to be the 4th WR, and a contributor on special teams.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Does this mean drafting a WR early in the draft is out of the question? I didn't really think we needed to draft one early to begin with considering the weakness' of the defense.

Scott's new mock has us taking Sidney Rice in the second, which I wouldn't mind at all if he was the best player left on the board. Otherwise we should probably go DT or Linebacker in some order in the 2nd and 3rd.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Scott's Draft is nearly perfect in my opinion. That would be an incredible draft if all those pieces fell that way.

But Auron who do you have as the third ahead of Patten?
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Does this mean drafting a WR early in the draft is out of the question? I didn't really think we needed to draft one early to begin with considering the weakness' of the defense.

Scott's new mock has us taking Sidney Rice in the second, which I wouldn't mind at all if he was the best player left on the board. Otherwise we should probably go DT or Linebacker in some order in the 2nd and 3rd.
I don't think drafting a WR is entirely out of the equation.. just because of the Patten signing.

If there is great value staring us right in the face.. like a Bowe, Ginn in rd.1 or a Smith, Davis, Rice.. in rd.2; I think the Saints will think long and hard about it, depending on how they have them graded out.

On a separate note, Patten is a guy who has 3 Super Bowl rings from his time with the Patriots, and he's made some clutch catches in the playoffs, even if he doesn't see the field much I think he'll mentor the young guys well.

Last edited by Auron : 04-12-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation Saints Sign WR David Patten

Quote:
Adding depth and a veteran presence to an impressive but young receiving corps, the New Orleans Saints signed free agent wide receiver David Patten to a one-year contract Thursday. Patten, a 10-year NFL veteran, brings experience - and winning experience at that - to a passing attack that was tops in the league in 2006.
Source: http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...articleid=3396

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
Scott's Draft is nearly perfect in my opinion. That would be an incredible draft if all those pieces fell that way.

But Auron who do you have as the third ahead of Patten?
I think depth chart wise speaking..that Henderson, and Copper will be ahead of him.

but he'll definitely see the field either way. Payton is a very diverse play caller, who uses multiple formations.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well like I posted in the FA thread, can't hurt to bring in some experience at the position. Especially experience that has 3 Super Bowl rings. I believe he'll serve as a good mentor for the younger receivers.

I'm thinking he'll be #3/#4 WR, and can definitely contribute on special teams.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Exclamation Saints to talk to Jason David (CB, Colts)...

'Indianapolis restricted free-agent cornerback Jason David is visiting the New Orleans Saints.'

source: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492921

since he is a RFA, we would have to give compensation...and that would be a 4th round pick. but he would be a upgrade to our CB corp and possibly start.