Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-07-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Saw a post about Eric Johnson signing, and I can't underscore how much I love that signing. It's the type of smart gamble winning organizations take. There's no certainty that Eric Johnson will be healthy, but when he was healthy, he was a solid intermediate target. Love the gamble, and makes sense from both sides (1 year deal to let him reestablish his value).
I think that the Saints have done a good job, addressing depth at positions of need this off-season. I was not sure about the signing of LB Brian Simmons, but I've warmed to the idea of him, since I read an interview on NewOrleansSaints.com... he seems like a quality, high character guy. I'm not high his age, but I think he can provide depth and veteran leadership.

Here's the link to the interview:
Q & A with Brian Simmons

Now, with the signing of TE Eric Johnson, I think that the Saints are adding more depth to an already strong position with Mark Campbell, Billy Miller, and John Owens. And like toonsterwu said, the fact that the contract is only an one year deal, it's like a trial period for him, to see if he's completely healthy and worth a long-term extension.

Now, I hope that the Saints are able to sign one of the cornerbacks that they've brought in for visits. Today alone, the Saints brought in CBs Roderick Hood and William James from Philadelphia. I know that diabsoule is very high on Rod Hood, so we'll have to see what happens.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
reznola
Rookie

reznola hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really like the signing of Eric Johnson for the Saints. Decent run blocker with soft hands. Payton loves using the tight ends in the passing game and Brees loves throwing to the tight end, just look at Gates states from 05 compared to 06, especially when mismatched against a lot of the OLB's in the league.

I think when the signing of Johnson it does take the Saints out of the Olsen running, although their are some teams above the Saints that may not even make Olsen an option, and I am still leaning towards possibly moving down into the early second and picking up a third the next year and possibley another third this year if they could get a bite on it, and if you could do that then make the trade for Darrel Jackson that someone brought up earlier in the thread. The draft this year has a lot of mid round TE's that could go earlier in the draft a lot of years. I also am a fan of Sidney Rice at the end of the 1st round if you can't swing a deal for another vetern wideout.
reznola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I would have prefered McMichael over Johnson. I am just too worried about Johnson's injury history to feel that he will be able to contribuate valuably to our team. I think this signing is just like the signing of Ernie Conwell a few years ago.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Personally, I would have prefered McMichael over Johnson. I am just too worried about Johnson's injury history to feel that he will be able to contribuate valuably to our team. I think this signing is just like the signing of Ernie Conwell a few years ago.
Eh still little risk involved, 1 year deal.. Johnson needs to be productive to get a big contract next year. So he should be motivated.

If he winds up hurt, we still have our Tight ends from last season Mark Campbell, and Billy Miller, with the ability to call up Owens.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Indianapolis free-agent wide receiver Brandon Stokely is visiting the New Orleans Saints on Thursday.
Source: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rumor: ESPN has reported that, Rod Hood will sign with the saints by Friday.

also, Kaesvaharnis close to signing with the saints as well...

Last edited by Saints67 : 03-08-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ahhh, i forgot the sources...

Kaesviharn: http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...-done-with.asp

Hood: it's a rumor as of right now...but a poster on Saintsreport.com had stated..that on the 'Dan Patrick show'...Dan reported that Hood may sign with the saints as early as friday...
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post
Rumor: ESPN has reported that, Rod Hood will sign with the saints by Friday.

also, Kaesvaharnis close to signing with the saints as well...
I know diabsoule will be super happy if the Saints do end up signing Roderick Hood, but I don't know enough about Kevin Kaesviharn to make a judgment one way or another. According to NFL.com's Adam Schefter, Kaesviharn is "always seems to be around the ball" and has narrowed his choices to the re-signing with Cincinnati, or signing with Arizona or the Saints.

Cross your fingers, gentlemen.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol : 03-08-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

I would rather have Ken Hamlin over Kevin Kaesviharn because from what I hear Hamlin is excellent with run support which is what the Saints need help with the most. Although Kaesviharn had 6 interceptions last year I just think that Hamlin would be the type of player that could give our defense some pop to it. Where teams would dread playing against us, we need a little mean streak
Old 03-08-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFoot View Post
I would rather have Ken Hamlin over Kevin Kaesviharn because from what I hear Hamlin is excellent with run support which is what the Saints need help with the most. Although Kaesviharn had 6 interceptions last year I just think that Hamlin would be the type of player that could give our defense some pop to it. Where teams would dread playing against us, we need a little mean streak
I like Hamlin as well, but he might be looking for a huge contract..and I don't think we'll overpay especially when we might be able to get Kaesviharn for a fraction of the cost.

If we sign Hood, and a Safety I'll be a pretty happy man for now.

Last edited by Auron : 03-08-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFoot View Post
No, I entirely agree. Between Kaesviharn and Hamlin, I would prefer Hamlin, since he seems to be the hard-hitter and better on run support. But, who knows?

When the Saints drafted Harper, I wasn't a fan of the selection, but he seemed promising even though he only played in 5 games. I just hope his injuries aren't too serious.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-09-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Stoopid512

I saw an article in the paper today about Mr. Brandon Stokely in town to visit. I know the Colts cut him, but could he be a solid #2 or #3 guy in our formation? He was a 1,000 yard receiver a few years ago, and has been injury-plagued...
Old 03-09-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Stokley is a great wr, props to you guys if you actually land him.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In our offense, if healthy, Stokely can do close to what he did for the Colts. Granted our #1 and #2 WRs aren't Harrison and Wayne, but the point still stands.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Where are these Injury prone reports coming from? He was hurt for 1 year and that was last year!
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:34 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Where are these Injury prone reports coming from? He was hurt for 1 year and that was last year!
Had a foot injury in '03 and got hurt twice last year, a nagging ankle injury and then the ruptured achilles. I don't think you'll ever get the '05 Brandon, since he was simply a product of Peyton's amazing season that year, but with guys like Brees, Colston and Henderson, I think he can be a 30-40 catch per year guy from the slot.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoopid512 View Post
I saw an article in the paper today about Mr. Brandon Stokely in town to visit. I know the Colts cut him, but could he be a solid #2 or #3 guy in our formation? He was a 1,000 yard receiver a few years ago, and has been injury-plagued...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Had a foot injury in '03 and got hurt twice last year, a nagging ankle injury and then the ruptured achilles. I don't think you'll ever get the '05 Brandon, since he was simply a product of Peyton's amazing season that year, but with guys like Brees, Colston and Henderson, I think he can be a 30-40 catch per year guy from the slot.
Personally, I'm not particularly sold on Brandon Stokely. Not only am I concerned with his injury concerns, I don't know what this would mean for our wide receiver corps. I think everyone will agree that Marques Colston is our number one, but our number two is still up in the air, in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of Devery Henderson as a number two and I don't think that Brandon Stokely would be a number two either. I think that if we sign someone like Stokely, then it possibly takes us out the running for some of the big name prospects in the Draft. If we sign Stokely, it pushes everyone down on the depth chart, and I don't know if we really need him.

Again, that's just my opinion.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It does make a lot of sense. I don't either like the thought of having two #3 guys (in Stokely and Henderson) competing for the #2 spot. I would rather see us bringing in a clear #2 guy to start opposite Colston eiter via the Draft or in FA.

Signature made by me

Old 03-10-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals | Team signs Hood
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:21:27 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals have signed free-agent CB Roderick Hood (Eagles) to a five-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

What now?
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

According to PFT, the Saints brought in CB Frank Walker from the Giants for a visit. I really don't know anything about him. He's 25 years old and a 4 year vet, and from looking at his stats it appears he had a solid rookie year and then fell off the map.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
According to PFT, the Saints brought in CB Frank Walker from the Giants for a visit. I really don't know anything about him. He's 25 years old and a 4 year vet, and from looking at his stats it appears he had a solid rookie year and then fell off the map.
From reading about him it seems like he could be productive in the right system. He has played for the Giants his whole career and I know that their organization does not seem to be able to develop talent all that well. I like his size and his skill set so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in as either a nickel or dime back but he would definitely he would have to show he can play in training camp.

I am also really perturbed that we have not been able to address our seconday so far in free agency. The secondary, as everyone knows, was our weakest position last year and we have sat on our haunces and not done anything. We've missed out on Rod Hood, William James, and others and while we wait and presumably lowball the people we're bringing, they are ending up signing with other teams and leaving us high and dry.

I think that we should also address DT more in FA by signing someone like Ian Scott, Alfonso Boone, Robaire Smith, or Anthony Adams. We haven't yet and by signing someone young like Scott or Adams it would knock off a draft need.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Dolphins are discussing an Olindo Mare trade with the Browns, Saints, Giants, and Falcons, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Source: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...a-sports-front

Quote:
Saints re-signed CB DeJuan Groce to a one-year contract.
Source: Rotoworld.com

Signature made by me

Old 03-13-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

From ESPN's Bottom Line:

The Green Bay Packers have signed cornerback Frank Walker.

Now what?

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints Agree To Terms With S Kevin Kaesviharn To Four-year Contract

I wanted Ken Hamlin, nice signing though.
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
New Orleans Saints Agree To Terms With S Kevin Kaesviharn To Four-year Contract

I wanted Ken Hamlin, nice signing though.
Here's a link to it on NewOrleansSaints.com:

Saints sign UFA S Kevin Kaesviharn

Personally, I would have liked Ken Hamlin better as well, but maybe he wanted more than the tight-wad front office was willing to spend.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!