Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-03-2007, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Please Lord, not Atlanta

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Falcons and Texans jockeying for Browns' pick

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that both the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are interested in the Browns third overall draft choice. The Falcons want Calvin Johnson and the Texans are after Adrian Peterson.

Apparently, the Browns would want Matt Schaub, the 10th pick overall, and a first rounder in 2008 from the Falcons. The Texans have Carr, the 8th pick overall, and additional picks to offer.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well lets hope Houston win the bidding war

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Well lets hope Houston win the bidding war
Exactly, Not that Calvin Johnson would mean much to the Falcants since they still have a running back playing QB. But still, I just can't imagine the Browns passing on Adrian Peterson.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Saturday, March 3, 2007

Falcons and Texans jockeying for Browns' pick

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that both the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are interested in the Browns third overall draft choice. The Falcons want Calvin Johnson and the Texans are after Adrian Peterson.

Apparently, the Browns would want Matt Schaub, the 10th pick overall, and a first rounder in 2008 from the Falcons. The Texans have Carr, the 8th pick overall, and additional picks to offer.
I really hope they don't trade with Atlanta, and there asking price is really steep for Atlanta, I doubt they'd match that, but they might lower it later on.

If they do trade with Atlanta, I hope they do it before the draft so we can possibly work a deal to leapfrog them with Detroit.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i doubt it happens, but i would not want to faceCJ twice a year
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
If they do trade with Atlanta, I hope they do it before the draft so we can possibly work a deal to leapfrog them with Detroit.
I hope not, we need those 2nd and 3rd round picks for defense.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope if the Atlanta trade is made, we have time to leapfrog them and trade for Detroit's pick :D

Edit: Whoa I didn't realize someone said the exact same thing

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we don't need to trade...but I think the Browns would accept ATL's deal cause they would be getting more for it?

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They'd definitly take that Deal, but the deals price is so step I can't see Atlanta doing it. They'd give up a first rounder next year, plus Schaub (who they perceive to be mid-first round talent) to move up 7 slots. I can't see them doing that.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there are no doubts about CJ, but with Atlanta's track record of drafting receivers, maybe they should just take a guy later on and focus on their other needs, which are plenty. They're not a team that is in position to move from 10-3. They need a big RB, FB, WR that can catch (Gonzo?), OT/G, DE, MLB, S. That's a whole lot of needs, there's no way they can trade up at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote