Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-12-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Q&A with an anonymous N.F.L. scout

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_en...ith_the_scout/

My Favorite Part:

JR: So are there any players who you have found to be, shall we say, disappointing in the interview room or off-camera?

Scout: Well I donít want to give out his name, but we talked with a kid in Indy that most everyone thinks is a real high first round pick. And he was dumber than a fencepost. We asked him about school and classes and stuff like that and he was like, enough already, Iím done with that (excrement), where is my paycheck... Another kid we had in just didnít get it. Everything was Jesus. Get him off Jesus and he might as well be a deaf-mute. Jesus wants you to answer a question without him, son. Real odd too, because his agent is Jewish (laughs).

BJ Raji for the dumb guy maybe???
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Raji seems pretty sharp to me:

I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
Raji seems pretty sharp to me:
I guessed Raji cause he was academically ineligible for his junior year, therefore not caring about grades or whatever.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

That was a very interesting read. Gotta wonder how reliable it is, but it definitely has some great insights we usually aren't privileged to.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
I guessed Raji cause he was academically ineligible for his junior year, therefore not caring about grades or whatever.
I believe it was either BC or his adviser that kind of flubbed some paperwork that made him ineligible. I can't really recall the story.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Interesting read. I'd love to know who some of the unnamed players were.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scout: Well I donít want to give out his name, but we talked with a kid in Indy that most everyone thinks is a real high first round pick. And he was dumber than a fencepost. We asked him about school and classes and stuff like that and he was like, enough already, Iím done with that (excrement), where is my paycheck... Another kid we had in just didnít get it. Everything was Jesus. Get him off Jesus and he might as well be a deaf-mute. Jesus wants you to answer a question without him, son. Real odd too, because his agent is Jewish (laughs).
I lawl'd so hard at that ****.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

ďWe know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weíve shown weíve been able to do that.Ē - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny stuff. I am glad to read the Britt quote so all the "he's a drama queen" ******** can stop.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's legit stuff, I'm a mod over on RealGM, and Jeff Risdon is a respected figure, and he's a scout for some (unnamed) team.

He's always hitting us with good insider info.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post

BJ Raji for the dumb guy maybe???
Nah, I wouldn't think Raji....

Vontae Davis maybe? Unless it's real obvious and it's Andre Smith, Davis is my 2nd pick for who the dumb guy was.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DHB maybe?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Nah, I wouldn't think Raji....

Vontae Davis maybe? Unless it's real obvious and it's Andre Smith, Davis is my 2nd pick for who the dumb guy was.
Doubt it's Davis...
Quote:
Like this year, the (Vontae) Davis kid from Illinois. Heís had some problems but you can tell by talking to him and looking him in the eye that he gets it now.
or Smith...
Quote:
You know, he is a naÔve young man who made some dumb choices. First thing I would tell him is to fire his agent and get with someone more reputable. You know, someone who can do some damage control and earn some trust back in his corner. The kid is a monster on the field, just a beast. Heís probably the best run blocker Iíve ever seen coming out of college. But he has got to prove he learns from his mistakes
I wonder who?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ManOverboard
Rookie

ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ManOverboard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Britt is supposed to hit the weight room harder? He did 23 reps...more than Andre Smith.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin for the dumb guy?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raji is not an idiot, he's actually pretty smart. BC duffed it with his credits and he was ineligible for last year, it was not his academic performance that held him back.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Knowshon perhaps?
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was actually trying to figure this out by reading interviews:

Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez
Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno
Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin
Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher, Jason Smith, Andre Smith
Brian Orakpo, Everette Brown, Aaron Maybin
B.J. Raji
Aaron Curry, Rey Maualuga

That's who I ruled out for not making a lot of Jesus references. I was thinking it was probably a junior or sophomore because they obviously didn't care to complete their education.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume that it's an underclassmen if he hated school that much and is projected as a high pick. If it's not Davis or Andre Smith, then I'm a little more stumped.

Stafford
Crabtree
Maclin
Wells
Sanchez
Andre Smith
Vontae
Harvin
DHB
Maybin

Are the guys I'm looking through and thinking about....I dunno.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am thinking it may be Malcolm Jenkins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WxJm...eature=related

Just a guess. Anyone know if his agent is Jewish?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I am thinking it may be Malcolm Jenkins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WxJm...eature=related

Just a guess. Anyone know if his agent is Jewish?
I think that the dumb guy and the religious nut are 2 different players. It doesn't say if the religious guy is projected high or not, so that one could be anybody.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking name names or shut the hell up.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think that the dumb guy and the religious nut are 2 different players. It doesn't say if the religious guy is projected high or not, so that one could be anybody.
Oh, okay. I must have read that wrong. I could see Raji as the dumb guy, being a smart guy doesn't seem to be one of his strengths. I don't see what's wrong with being religious though.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huh. By reading that, you can tell how scouts allow themselves to get tricked into making bad decisions. I guess they're human after all.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm thinking name names or shut the hell up.
Yeah, same here. If you're already guaranteed anonymity, then why not just say who you think is dumber than a box of rocks?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd guess P. Harvin.

Sanchez is too smart to say that, V. Davis was on ESPN yesterday and speaks fine, Knowshon was great at his presser at the combine, Maclin didn't seem too dumb when he was interviewed either.

So yea, I'd guess P. Harvin.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote