Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-26-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, you can only blame so much on the team. The great ones don't "get ruined" and he's had a shot on afterwards and still hasn't shown anything.

I think Carr had a stronger arm than Sanchez though honestly.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Boone = Barry Richardson

lazy bastards
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Eh, you can only blame so much on the team. The great ones don't "get ruined" and he's had a shot on afterwards and still hasn't shown anything.

I think Carr had a stronger arm than Sanchez though honestly.
Well, there's only so many "great" ones, and none of them ever played behind pass blocking as putrid as Houston's.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Okay, you completely lost me after the second sentence of paragraph number two.

I thought David Carr could have been a great quarterback. He was showing improvement in Houston, but those first three years really just screwed that guy over. Such a great talent, and throughout the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL, he was still getting better and making great throws. I think Mark Sanchez will be what David Carr should have been.
He may have had the physical talent, but he lacked the mental tools. The offensive line was bad, but did you see how long he held onto the ball? That is what ****** him, not the offensive line. Yes, he didn't have too much talent around him, but he did nothing to improve that offense.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Juaquin Iglesias - TJ Housmanzadah
Old 01-27-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Their arm strength is about the same. Watch tapes of David Carr rolling out and throwing on the run, and then look at what Mark Sanchez did this year. Their deep balls look exactly the same. They have sort of the same physique, athleticism, arm, playing style. The only difference is the slight side-arm little motion that Carr would do at times.

I think they're carbon copies of each other.
So what's the comparison mean in the end?

Basically...comparing him to Carr implies that he's a future bust. Thing is, no one saw David Carr being a bust. Hell, I don't even think David Carr would have been a bust had he not been chosen by an expansion team that lost it's franchise linemen before he even took a snap.

I don't mind the comparison...it's more what it implies I guess. I liked David Carr and still do...sure he's done as a starter in this league but he's gotten so many chances post-Texans because teams know he was at one point an extremely talented young guy who was probably f'd over a little by a crummy situation that few, if any, would have made it out of.

Otherwise...not a bad comparison.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
So what's the comparison mean in the end?

Basically...comparing him to Carr implies that he's a future bust. Thing is, no one saw David Carr being a bust. Hell, I don't even think David Carr would have been a bust had he not been chosen by an expansion team that lost it's franchise linemen before he even took a snap.

I don't mind the comparison...it's more what it implies I guess. I liked David Carr and still do...sure he's done as a starter in this league but he's gotten so many chances post-Texans because teams know he was at one point an extremely talented young guy who was probably f'd over a little by a crummy situation that few, if any, would have made it out of.

Otherwise...not a bad comparison.
Well that's just bad reading comprehension on your part, because it would be ridiculous for anyone in this thread to base their comparison on the way their careers are going to play out. At this point, all we're doing is looking at them as prospects, and how they compare to others in years prior. I think everyone else in this thread understands that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
He may have had the physical talent, but he lacked the mental tools. The offensive line was bad, but did you see how long he held onto the ball? That is what ****** him, not the offensive line. Yes, he didn't have too much talent around him, but he did nothing to improve that offense.
And for that, i blame the coaching.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You may think this is radical but..
Everette Brown = Reggie White
Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might have said this a long time ago, but Crabtree is a lot like T.O./Baby T.O.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
You may think this is radical but..
Everette Brown = Reggie White
Right. White was only 50 lbs heavier and played a lot of defensive tackle.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Right. White was only 50 lbs heavier and played a lot of defensive tackle.
And was one of the great D-lineman, Everette Brown cant carry Reggie's jock.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I might have said this a long time ago, but Crabtree is a lot like T.O./Baby T.O.
At 35, i think Owens is still faster than Crabtree. Crabs will be lucky to run in the mid 4.5's, Owens has always been a low 4.4 guy.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At 35, i think Owens is still faster than Crabtree. Crabs will be lucky to run in the mid 4.5's, Owens has always been a low 4.4 guy.
I'd have to agree with that. T.O.'s only problem is he can't hold on to the over the shoulder balls that are deep.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know. T.O. ran a 4.6 at the combine, and Baby ran a 4.57 or something like that. He might be a little faster, but in regards to a comparison, I think they're very similar, considering T.O.'s game hasn't been about speed. And actually, I feel like T.O. has gotten faster over the years I'm sure thanks to his work regimen.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase Daniel = Joe Montana

Chase Coffman = Dwight Clark

William Moore = Ronnie Lot

Jeremy Maclin = Jerry Rice
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Chase Daniel = Joe Montana

Chase Coffman = Dwight Clark

William Moore = Ronnie Lot

Jeremy Maclin = Jerry Rice
Missouri Tigers 2008 = 1980's 49ers

Draft those 4 players and you'll be on your way to a dynasty.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
ag27
Rookie

ag27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chris Wells - Michael Turner
Brian Cushing - Mike Vrabel
Brian Orakpo - Shawne Merriman
Mark Sanchez - Jay Cutler
Phil Loadholt - Marcus McNeil
ag27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I don't know. T.O. ran a 4.6 at the combine, and Baby ran a 4.57 or something like that. He might be a little faster, but in regards to a comparison, I think they're very similar, considering T.O.'s game hasn't been about speed. And actually, I feel like T.O. has gotten faster over the years I'm sure thanks to his work regimen.
Well, i killed my argument by bringing up 40 times in the first place, but here i'm gonna go completely squashing your argument.

Game speed >>> timed speed.

Owens out runs defenses like nothing. He has flown by the fastest in the league, and still does at 35. Go look at the MeAngelo clip where he just whizzes by him. That's a 4.35 guy right there.

Did you also know Devin Hester ran a mid 4.5 at the combine? He's the fastest guy in the field every game, in the NFL. I don't care what he ran in a track. Crabtree does not have top flight game speed. That's the end of it, really.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag27 View Post
Chris Wells - Michael Turner
Brian Cushing - Mike Vrabel
Brian Orakpo - Shawne Merriman
Mark Sanchez - Jay Cutler
Phil Loadholt - Marcus McNeil
The first four were good, but there's no way Load-hold is anything like McNeil. Big, fat, slow.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The first four were good, but there's no way Load-hold is anything like McNeil. Big, fat, slow.
Ironically enough the same criticisms levied at McNeil.

I like Loadholt a lot. That comparison isn't completely accurate, but McNeil got some of the same stuff coming out. His stock never quite went to hell the way Loadholt's had prior to the Senior Bowl though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that McNeil was just a better college player who fell more because of injury concerns than because of playing ability. Loadholt surprised me by putting together a very good Senior Bowl showing, but the fact that he looked better at LT than RT is somewhat concerning since RT was considered his lock spot less than a month ago.

Not a bad comparison, but I definitely liked McNeil more.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Did you also know Devin Hester ran a mid 4.5 at the combine? He's the fastest guy in the field every game, in the NFL. I don't care what he ran in a track. Crabtree does not have top flight game speed. That's the end of it, really.
Proof?

I'm pretty sure Hester ran a very low 4.3
Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
initial_flo
Rookie

initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.

http://web.archive.org/web/200604131...vinhester.html

I found Scott's old bio and it says 4.45

Didn't think he had super elite speed, just awesome ability to cut and creativity on the fly.
initial_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:57 AM    (permalink
MenOfTroy
Rookie

MenOfTroy is a cocksman.MenOfTroy is a cocksman.MenOfTroy is a cocksman.MenOfTroy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Not nearly fast enough.

The way I see it, Crabtree compares to Dwayne Bowe.
MenOfTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:30 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, i killed my argument by bringing up 40 times in the first place, but here i'm gonna go completely squashing your argument.

Game speed >>> timed speed.

Owens out runs defenses like nothing. He has flown by the fastest in the league, and still does at 35. Go look at the MeAngelo clip where he just whizzes by him. That's a 4.35 guy right there.

Yeah, I realize the game speed/timed speed thing, but I just disagree. I actually looked over some tapes of T.O. when he first came into the league and he wasn't as fast as he is now for whatever reason. And I don't know, but Crabtree doesn't look that slow to me either. But T.O. has always been about great route running, which is what I think Crabtree is about. And, I believe on the professional level he's going to have the same sort of problems with drops/fumbles.