Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
no hes 6'3 but he should run in the 4.3s
I've heard that he might not even run.

Has more to lose than gain as a prospect at this point.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I've heard that he might not even run.

Has more to lose than gain as a prospect at this point.
he probably won't at the combine but he should run in the 4.3s at his pro day. hopefully he runs drills at the combine at least because if i were him i sure as hell wouldnt want turner throwing me the ball for scouts to judge me.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
he probably won't at the combine but he should run in the 4.3s at his pro day. hopefully he runs drills at the combine at least because if i were him i sure as hell wouldnt want turner throwing me the ball for scouts to judge me.
lol

All I know is....he better be a Buc. :)
Old 12-08-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has DHB got a bit of the Calvin Johnson syndrome in that his QB limits how good he looks numbers-wise? Because I haven't caught any Maryland games over here so all I have are his stats which are a bit underwhelming for someone whom everyone seems to say has major talent.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Has DHB got a bit of the Calvin Johnson syndrome in that his QB limits how good he looks numbers-wise? Because I haven't caught any Maryland games over here so all I have are his stats which are a bit underwhelming for someone whom everyone seems to say has major talent.
That seems to be the concensus.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That seems to be the concensus.
Cool. What I hear makes me really want him for us. Do you reckon he'll be around in our area in the 20s?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Cool. What I hear makes me really want him for us. Do you reckon he'll be around in our area in the 20s?
It'll be VERY close. Based on mocks and such that I have been seeing. If a team falls in love with his speed, he will be taken before us.

I've seen people have him go around 15 but I've also seen people put him around 29-30.

like this mock.
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27588
he goes right before us, but we get Maclin!

another
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27595
goes RIGHT before us

Crabtree, Maclin, DHB, and Harvin.

Hope for one.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

Quote:
It'll be VERY close. Based on mocks and such that I have been seeing. If a team falls in love with his speed, he will be taken before us.

I've seen people have him go around 15 but I've also seen people put him around 29-30.

Crabtree, Maclin, DHB, and Harvin.

Hope for one.

All this talk of Peria Jerry or the Marks junior from Auburn throws me off a little. I think a talented offensive weapon would be awesome.

People already know and fear our defence, and with the emergence of young talent, that fear isn't going anywhere. I'd love teams to fear our offense too. But you never know with our front office. They like to smokescreen a hell of a lot.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
All this talk of Peria Jerry or the Marks junior from Auburn throws me off a little. I think an talented offensive weapon would be awesome.

People already know and fear our defence, and with the emergence of young talent, that fear isn't going anywhere. I'd love teams to fear our offense too. But you never know with our front office. They like to smokescreen a hell of a lot.
i added a bit more to that one post. so take a quick look again.

D-line is probably our second or third biggest need. Haye has been a no-show this year, Carter is almost done, White is struggling, Hovan is nothing special but solid. So I can understand when people give us the best DT/DE available.

But to piggyback off of what you said, ANY playmaker at ANY offensive skill position should be taken (if he is the best player available).

and I am positive that our team DOES take the BPA. Kiffin reiterated that, in the draft press conference last year, and I believe him.

All of that said.

I hope we get DHB!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

Quote:
i added a bit more to that one post. so take a quick look again.

D-line is probably our second or third biggest need. Haye has been a no-show this year, Carter is almost done, White is struggling, Hovan is nothing special but solid. So I can understand when people give us the best DT/DE available.

But to piggyback off of what you said, ANY playmaker at ANY offensive skill position should be taken (if he is the best player available).

and I am positive that our team DOES take the BPA. Kiffin reiterated that, in the draft press conference last year, and I believe him.

All of that said.

I hope we get DHB!

My last quick question: are you rooting for DHB because you think we have the most realistic shot at him out of the four you mentioned, or because he's better suited to us?

Make that three actually, we have no chance at Crabtree. Basically, when I think of offensive weapon for the Bucs' system, I think who gets the best YAC. Crabtree is probably better at taking an eight yard slant and busting over some DBs for a first down, but like I said I don't think we'll have shot at him. What puts DHB on top for us in your mind, out of the others?

Old 12-08-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
My last quick question: are you rooting for DHB because you think we have the most realistic shot at him out of the four you mentioned, or because he's better suited to us?

Make that three actually, we have no chance at Crabtree. Basically, when I think of offensive weapon for the Bucs' system, I think who gets the best YAC. Crabtree is probably better at taking an eight yard slant and busting over some DBs for a first down, but like I said I don't think we'll have shot at him. What puts DHB on top for us in your mind, out of the others?
Underlined:
Sort of both. I think he has the most potential and we have a realistic shot at him. Even if he doesn't pan out like we hope he would, he would still provide an elite deep threat (moreso than Harvin and Maclin IMO) [and Gruden LOVES deep threats, he could step right in and fill Galloway's shoes]

Bolded:
Completely agree! Which is why I changed my mind on Harvin (used to dislike him). Harvin is just a playmaker. He is used to getting short underneath passes from Tebow and doing the dirty work himself. That is KEY in Gruden's offense (which is why Clayton was so good before he fizzled out for whatever reasons).

Italicized:
Like I said before, his potential. He has some of the things you can't teach; speed, size, etc. No major injury concerns (Harvin) that I have to worry about.

In the end, when I look at this group of receivers, DHB appears to be the purest #1 receiver. We know Harvin won't ever be that (Route running, etc, the reasons go on and on) and Maclin is pretty good but could very well end up being complimentary rather than featured.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 12-08-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow - Steve Young

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Underlined:
Sort of both. I think he has the most potential and we have a realistic shot at him. Even if he doesn't pan out like we hope he would, he would still provide an elite deep threat (moreso than Harvin and Maclin IMO) [and Gruden LOVES deep threats, he could step right in and fill Galloway's shoes]

Bolded:
Completely agree! Which is why I changed my mind on Harvin (used to dislike him). Harvin is just a playmaker. He is used to getting short underneath passes from Tebow and doing the dirty work himself. That is KEY in Gruden's offense (which is why Clayton was so good before he fizzled out for whatever reasons).

Italicized:
Like I said before, his potential. He has some of the things you can't teach; speed, size, etc. No major injury concerns (Harvin) that I have to worry about.

Excellent, thanks. I'm out, enjoy the game tonight.

I'll be staying up late to watch us cook some cat.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hermon Johnson- Branden Albert
Old 12-08-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Excellent, thanks. I'm out, enjoy the game tonight.

I'll be staying up late to watch us cook some cat.
haha, good call.hope you're right.

cya
Old 12-08-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Crabtree is nothing like Colston.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Sam Bradford-Philip Rivers
Knowshon Moreno-DeAngelo Williams
James Lauranatis-Barret Rudd
Ray Mauluaga-David Harris
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is an extensive list of guys Scott ranked who I have seen in a bunch of first-round mock drafts by users on here. Hopefully this helps! This isn't how they are in the NFL, just who they reminded me of in college, so being compared to Cedric Benson or Troy Williamson isn't necessarily a bad thing. P.S. drop me a PM or post here (and I'll try to remember to check) if anyone wants any more comparisons.

QB
Matthew Stafford - Brady Quinn
Sam Bradford - Philip Rivers

RB
Chris Wells - Cedric Benson
Knowshon Moreno - Cadillac Williams
C.J. Spiller - Felix Jones

WR
Jeremy Maclin - Ted Ginn Jr.
Michael Crabtree - Larry Fitzgerald
Darrius Heyward-Bey - Troy Williamson
Percy Harvin - Chris Johnson

TE
Jermaine Gresham - Greg Olsen

OL
Eugene Monroe - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Michael Oher - Jammal Brown
Jason Smith - Duane Brown
Andre Smith - Shawn Andrews
Duke Robinson - Davin Joseph

DE
Brian Orakpo - Derrick Harvey
Tyson Jackson - Marcus Spears
Michael Johnson - Mathias Kiwanuka
Greg Hardy - Kenechi Udeze
Everette Brown - Jarvis Moss
George Selvie - Quentin Groves

DT
B.J. Raji - Vince Wilfork
Peria Jerry - Justin Harrell
Sen'Derrick Marks - Mike Patterson

OLB
Aaron Curry - D.J. Williams
Brian Cushing - Bobby Carpenter
Clint Sintim - Cliff Avril
Marcus Freeman - Rocky McIntosh

ILB
Rey Maualuga - Junior Seau
James Laurinaitis - Chad Greenway

CB
Malcolm Jenkins - Carlos Rogers
Alphonso Smith - Tracy Porter
Darius Butler - Chris Gamble
Mike Mickens - Antoine Cason
Victor Harris - Brandon Flowers
Vontae Davis - DeAngelo Hall

S
William Moore - LaRon Landry
Rashad Johnson - Reggie Smith
Taylor Mays - Troy Polamalu
Old 12-08-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Here is an extensive list of guys Scott ranked who I have seen in a bunch of first-round mock drafts by users on here. Hopefully this helps! This isn't how they are in the NFL, just who they reminded me of in college, so being compared to Cedric Benson or Troy Williamson isn't necessarily a bad thing. P.S. drop me a PM or post here (and I'll try to remember to check) if anyone wants any more comparisons.

QB
Matthew Stafford - Brady Quinn NO. better arm, alot better arm
Sam Bradford - Philip Rivers ehhh what dude

RB
Chris Wells - Cedric Benson - Wells is bigger faster stronger
Knowshon Moreno - Cadillac Williams
C.J. Spiller - Felix Jones why because he is fast?

WR
Jeremy Maclin - Ted Ginn Jr. - Maclin can run outes, stronger, not as fast.
Michael Crabtree - Larry Fitzgerald - not as fast as Fitz,
Darrius Heyward-Bey - Troy Williamson
Percy Harvin - Chris Johnson wow.; amazing!

TE
Jermaine Gresham - Greg Olsen zomgz

OL
Eugene Monroe - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Michael Oher - Jammal Brown
Jason Smith - Duane Brown - umm why that one? Brown is not as fundamentally sound as Smith
Andre Smith - Shawn Andrews
Duke Robinson - Davin Joseph

DE
Brian Orakpo - Derrick Harvey - Orakpo is a man beast Harvey not so much
Tyson Jackson - Marcus Spears
Michael Johnson - Mathias Kiwanuka - uhhh what the ****
Greg Hardy - Kenechi Udeze
Everette Brown - Jarvis Moss
George Selvie - Quentin Groves

DT
B.J. Raji - Vince Wilfork - do all 3-4 Nt prospects remind you of Wilfork?
Peria Jerry - Justin Harrell
Sen'Derrick Marks - Mike Patterson

OLB
Aaron Curry - D.J. Williams
Brian Cushing - Bobby Carpenter - zomgz they are both white!
Clint Sintim - Cliff Avril
Marcus Freeman - Rocky McIntosh

ILB
Rey Maualuga - Junior Seau
James Laurinaitis - Chad Greenway

CB
Malcolm Jenkins - Carlos Rogers
Alphonso Smith - Tracy Porter
Darius Butler - Chris Gamble
Mike Mickens - Antoine Cason
Victor Harris - Brandon Flowers - zomgz same school!
Vontae Davis - DeAngelo Hall

S
William Moore - LaRon Landry
Rashad Johnson - Reggie Smith
Taylor Mays - Troy Polamalu
Did you just line those guys up with where their draft positon was or their skillset. I think it was the 1st one. Alot of those comparisons suck. and i put some notes in on some of those comparisons.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll respond to the comments you left when I get back from my final. Keep in mind that same school has a lot to do with player comparisons because they are coached by the same staff and taught the same way. Also, teams like to recruit players with similar skillsets because they fit a system well.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wells to Benson? What the ****? Benson didn't have half the explosiveness that Wells has. Wells is bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, and has less wear and tear. And Taylor Mays is more LaRon Landry than Troy Polamalu.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
Sam Bradford-Philip Rivers
Knowshon Moreno-DeAngelo Williams
James Lauranatis-Barret Rudd
Ray Mauluaga-David Harris
I'm not a fan of this one at all. Mauluaga is about 20 pounds heavier than Harris. I actually don't think Mauluaga will time as fast as Harris. And honestly, Rey is a guy that relies on his athleticism more than positioning and technique. He overruns alot of plays as well. Harris was really very good with positioning and technique and rarely overran plays. I actually think that other than being classic thumper types in the middle, there isn't much about them that seems alike to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Wells to Benson? What the ****? Benson didn't have half the explosiveness that Wells has. Wells is bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, and has less wear and tear. And Taylor Mays is more LaRon Landry than Troy Polamalu.
Benson was very explosive in college, he just seemed to lose some of that. I have seen Wells get chased down from behind before, even though he does make some long runs. Cedric had a run of 20 or more yards more often than not - 9/12 times senior year, and hit the hole fast. I could see the Mays/Landry comparison, though.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wells has 14 runs of 20 or more yards this year, and that's without three games (USC and two cupcakes).

I also agree with Harris being nothing like Maualuga. Harris is a very smart, instinctive player who relies more on instincs, positioning, and discipline.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Tim Tebow - Steve Young
How dare you I would punch you if I could.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote