Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-11-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Eugene Monroe - D'Brickshaw Ferguson- I know that they came from the same school which may be the reason why they are so similar. Neither is great in the run game and aren't the strongest linemen. But they are unparallelled as pass protectors, they are both very technically sound and they have great feet to seal the edge against pass rushers. They are also very similar physically.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Monroe's a lot more physical and unrefined than brick. That's why I think we've seen some of the inconsistencies from him that have dropped him down draft boards. Brick was really refined and smooth out there, Monroe plays more physically but doesn't have near brick's technique.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:32 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Do you really think the Pats would draft Sintim after they just spent a 3rd round pick on Shawn Crable this year? By all accounts Crable looked quite good for them before he went on IR. Plus they spent a few other picks on LB's as well.
YES.

Because both of NE's OLB's are in their 30s. Crable is a long term project that came with the "Boom or Bust" label. He still needs to add a good 10-20lbs on his lanky frame.

So far he hasn't shown anything. He looked decent in the limited playing time in Pre-Season. He didn't show anything at all in the regular season.

Sintim has experience and productivity in the 34 and seems like more of a "sure thing".
HellonEarth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:39 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

James Davis - Joseph Addai - Well rounded runner with good enough speed. Not a speedster and not a power back. Decent wiggle but doesn't have moves like LT. Just all around decent.

Larry English - LaMarr Woodley - English is a bit smaller but is quicker. Similar build. Like Woodley, will most likely end up playing OLB and end up being drafted in the early 2nd.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

Kevin Ellison - Rodney Harrison - Comparable triangle numbers. Similar attitude. Hard hitters. Nasty demeanor. Leaders.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin = Hakim from his greatest show on turf days with the rams + 2"

Same kind of game changing speed. maclin will have a much better career than Hakim though.

He's not as physical as Steve Smith, but he's another comparison.

Santonio Holmes is another good comparison too.

I think Maclin would be a better slot receiver, than a true #1 type. Putting him in the slot or running gadget plays with his would be a great combo. The dude is exciting to watch for sure.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
Kevin Ellison - Rodney Harrison - Comparable triangle numbers. Similar attitude. Hard hitters. Nasty demeanor. Leaders.
You might be onto something there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kevin Ellison = Keith Ellison.

C'mon....if they played the same position it would be obvious.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry English is a lot like LaMarr Woodley really. Both high motor guys who are built the same way, both big LB/DE tweeners too.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
YES.

Because both of NE's OLB's are in their 30s. Crable is a long term project that came with the "Boom or Bust" label. He still needs to add a good 10-20lbs on his lanky frame.

So far he hasn't shown anything. He looked decent in the limited playing time in Pre-Season. He didn't show anything at all in the regular season.

Sintim has experience and productivity in the 34 and seems like more of a "sure thing".
He didn't show anything because he was on IR. My point wasn't that Crable was a better player than Sintim, just that the Pat's spent a 3rd on him plus went a little LB crazy in the last draft. Now obviously that doesn't preclude them from taking more this year, but it's something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
He didn't show anything because he was on IR. My point wasn't that Crable was a better player than Sintim, just that the Pat's spent a 3rd on him plus went a little LB crazy in the last draft. Now obviously that doesn't preclude them from taking more this year, but it's something to think about.
I really hope we go after a DB with our first pick, but we still could use a linebacker. Gary Guyton has showed a lot of promise this year as a rookie UDFA and he has the ability to play inside and outside. Guyton, Crable, Vince Redd, and Pierre Woods are all very talented young linbackers have the potential to be key parts of our defense with Mayo; the only thing is they are all pretty raw (besides Mayo). I like Sintim a lot though, if he were available with our early second rounder I would love if we took him. I just think we have bigger holes in the secondary, especially when you consider Adalius and Crable have been hurt.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to STARHEATHER, Sergio Kindle is just like Dick Butkus + Lawrence Taylor + Spiderman.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I really hope we go after a DB with our first pick, but we still could use a linebacker. Gary Guyton has showed a lot of promise this year as a rookie UDFA and he has the ability to play inside and outside. Guyton, Crable, Vince Redd, and Pierre Woods are all very talented young linbackers have the potential to be key parts of our defense with Mayo; the only thing is they are all pretty raw (besides Mayo). I like Sintim a lot though, if he were available with our early second rounder I would love if we took him. I just think we have bigger holes in the secondary, especially when you consider Adalius and Crable have been hurt.
I think you could use another LB as well. Basically I'm just saying I'm not sure they would take one with a high, ie. first or second round, pick.

Quote:

Old 12-13-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

Belicheck simply doesn't value CB's enough to take one in the first round.

He doesnt draft CB in rd1 and doesnt re-sign his top CB's like Asante Samuel and Ty Law. Instead he's always been content to replace them with no names off the street.

OLB is crucial to the 34 and even if Crable pans out, the Pats still need another OLB for the future on the other side. Right now there is alot of Undrafted fodder like Redd and Woods, who are better suited as back ups and special teamers. Pats need an OLB badly. They are getting killed on 3rd downs this year because they can't get any pass rush at all.

I think NE looks for a CB like Darius Butler in the 2nd round with the pick they got from SD. Butler can also return kicks and play some WR as well. Belicheck loves versatility in his players and has no problem drafting a 5'9 corner.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
According to STARHEATHER, Sergio Kindle is just like Dick Butkus + Lawrence Taylor + Spiderman.
You forgot Jesus...
Old 12-13-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
You forgot Jesus...

He must have had a bad game when Starheather watched.................

Quote:

Old 12-14-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Belicheck simply doesn't value CB's enough to take one in the first round.

He doesnt draft CB in rd1 and doesnt re-sign his top CB's like Asante Samuel and Ty Law. Instead he's always been content to replace them with no names off the street.

OLB is crucial to the 34 and even if Crable pans out, the Pats still need another OLB for the future on the other side. Right now there is alot of Undrafted fodder like Redd and Woods, who are better suited as back ups and special teamers. Pats need an OLB badly. They are getting killed on 3rd downs this year because they can't get any pass rush at all.

I think NE looks for a CB like Darius Butler in the 2nd round with the pick they got from SD. Butler can also return kicks and play some WR as well. Belicheck loves versatility in his players and has no problem drafting a 5'9 corner.
Every year we have fans who say this about their team, and every year we have new "trends" that are broken. I've said it about the Bucs drafting a CB myself, and then we go take Talib with the 20th pick to play nickel. I said Dexter/DeSean Jackson would be horrible fits for our offense and we'll never take them.....we took Dexter. Gruden ALWAYS goes after some form of possession guys, but not last year.

Nothing is guaranteed in terms of the draft. If corner is the issue and there are good players are available, that will be the pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Crabtree = Terrell Owens

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

Except smaller and slower. The flip side is he has better hands and a brain.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Larry English is a lot like LaMarr Woodley really. Both high motor guys who are built the same way, both big LB/DE tweeners too.
That's the comparison that I was thinking.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Crabtree-Andre Johnson(Both are physical WR's.AJ is much bigger though.)
Sergio Kindle-Shaun Phillips(??I have no idea??)
Stafford-Elway(Monster Arm-Has drawn Elway comparison's since he was playing high school ball in Texas. I'm not saying he's going to be Elway, I'm just sayin....)
Chris Wells-Ricky Williams(The Miami "good years" Ricky Williams. Both Big physical, fast RB's.)
Malcolm Jenkins-Champ Baily(Jenkins has a nose for the ball. He is physical and not afraid to hit. Good Tackler.)
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase Coffman = Dallas Clark
William Moore = Brian Dawkins
Old 12-15-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
Michael Crabtree-Andre Johnson(Both are physical WR's.AJ is much bigger though.)
Sergio Kindle-Shaun Phillips(??I have no idea??)
Stafford-Elway(Monster Arm-Has drawn Elway comparison's since he was playing high school ball in Texas. I'm not saying he's going to be Elway, I'm just sayin....)
Chris Wells-Ricky Williams(The Miami "good years" Ricky Williams. Both Big physical, fast RB's.)
Malcolm Jenkins-Champ Baily(Jenkins has a nose for the ball. He is physical and not afraid to hit. Good Tackler.)
If Stafford had Tebow's speed he would be Elway but that is Stafford's idol and who he modeled his game after.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:30 AM    (permalink
GBahDunka
Rookie

GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GBahDunka hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

stafford is actually sneakily faster than you think
GBahDunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I like Dwayne Bowe more than Owens. Owens is still a pretty freakish athlete at 35, but he was way above Crabtree's athletic level in his prime.