Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-29-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Sintim is more of an ILB prospect for a 3-4 like in New England. He could play outside, but you wouldn't draft him to do it longterm.
Why wouldn't he play outside in a 3-4? He plays outside in a 3-4 at Virginia and he lines up in a 3-Point stance often as a rush end. He's got good enough size to play the OLB at 6'3 250 and is strong. Size very close to a guy like Joey Porter but Sintim is more built. Porter, Harrison and Woodley showed you don't have to be 6'4 260 to be a successful 3-4 OLB. But most importantly he's demonstrated his ability to rush the passer of the edge. He could play ILB in a 3-4 but because it would be a waste of his explosiveness and great pass rushing ability.

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-29-2008 at 05:08 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Exactly what I was going to say...he would definitley play OLB for New England were they to draft him
Old 12-30-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you guys compare to Gross? I'm having a tough time with this one. I'm thinking Jason Smith or Jamon Meredith, but neither are all that great, IMO.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Who would you guys compare to Gross? I'm having a tough time with this one. I'm thinking Jason Smith or Jamon Meredith, but neither are all that great, IMO.
Maybe Boone? When I think of Gross I think right tackle with the feet to play on the left side, but I don't exactly catch the Panthers much.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
They aren't anything like Gross. Smith is a pure blindside protector, and if a team moves Meredith out to tackle, he would be as well. They couldn't be great right tackles. Gross is both an excellent pass protector and power run blocker. Gross compares most to Oher, obviously less athletic.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 12-31-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Shonn Greene he reminds me of Tashard Choice when he was beasting it up at GaTech. Greene though is bigger.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Why wouldn't he play outside in a 3-4? He plays outside in a 3-4 at Virginia and he lines up in a 3-Point stance often as a rush end. He's got good enough size to play the OLB at 6'3 250 and is strong. Size very close to a guy like Joey Porter but Sintim is more built. Porter, Harrison and Woodley showed you don't have to be 6'4 260 to be a successful 3-4 OLB. But most importantly he's demonstrated his ability to rush the passer of the edge. He could play ILB in a 3-4 but because it would be a waste of his explosiveness and great pass rushing ability.
Rushing the passer in college is a lot different from rushing the passer in the pros. There's a reason most of the 3-4 edge rushers have insane speed and agility. If Sintim tests well, then yeah maybe. But 3-4 ILBs rush the passer too, so it's not like you're wasting his skillset. Actually by having him rushing from the inside (think Bradie James) you'd be masking any athletic deficiencies he might have at the pro level. It's not a knock on Sintim, it just seems to be that the trend is to find freaks at that position (Ware, Lawson, Merriman, etc.).
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's coming out. But, J.Odrick from PSU reminds me of Richard
Seymour. Tall, Big, Strong dt who can manhandle an ol one-on-one. Will command a double team if he plays end in a 3-4. I've seen Seymour play for 8 years now on tv. Odrick seems to have similiar skills.

As far as who/what Belichick will draft. Prior to 05 draft pats fans said he would never draft an interior offensive lineman in Round 1. Hello L.Mankins.
Last year people said he would never draft an ilb that early. Hello J.Mayo. I wouldn't rule out any position. Hell, he had 2 great qb's and drafted one in the 3rd round last year. Just kidding. One great qb. And, that other guy from USC.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

He's not eligible, but I see a lot of Brian Westbrook in Da'Rel Scott.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, entire PSU line got abused tonight. Hopefully, they come back for another year. None of them are ready for the next level yet. Another year of maturation and they will improve their stock IMO.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
He's not eligible, but I see a lot of Brian Westbrook in Da'Rel Scott.
The Terps Da'Rel Scott? I like him a lot but don't really see Westbrook. Maybe Michael Bennett.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Mays reminds me of Sean Taylor.

Clay Matthews reminds me of a middle class man's Lawrence Timmons
Old 01-01-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm not the normal skins fan who will flame out when he hears that and we all know Sean Taylor was my favorite player but I definitely see the similarities. Mays has that ever so rare freakish blend of size and incredible range. I will say though that Mays doesn't have nearly the ball skills or location skills, and doesn't have the same mean streak and physicality Sean Taylor played with. Taylor Mays is Taylor Mays, hopefully he doesn't get engulfed with trying to become the next Sean Taylor because that could hurt him. Just me and my opinion I don't think he's nearly the prospect of Sean Taylor but I think he has potential to be an All pro. I don't like him as much as a prospect as Landry but he's in the same discussion as guys like Michael Huff and Michael Griffin as a prospect for me.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm not the normal skins fan who will flame out when he hears that and we all know Sean Taylor was my favorite player but I definitely see the similarities. Mays has that ever so rare freakish blend of size and incredible range. I will say though that Mays doesn't have nearly the ball skills or location skills, and doesn't have the same mean streak and physicality Sean Taylor played with. Taylor Mays is Taylor Mays, hopefully he doesn't get engulfed with trying to become the next Sean Taylor because that could hurt him. Just me and my opinion I don't think he's nearly the prospect of Sean Taylor but I think he has potential to be an All pro. I don't like him as much as a prospect as Landry but he's in the same discussion as guys like Michael Huff and Michael Griffin as a prospect for me.
Totally agree.

Sean Taylor's on the field personality was unlike any other I had seen before. His game resembles Taylor Mays' resume' but I just feel that Mays' needs more experience as a actual safety instead of a "centerfielder" type player. He's going to get drafted and early, but I think it's going to take some time before he starts to play like the player everyone is expecting from him early on.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Mays has Sean Taylor's athleticism (which in of itself is amazing) but they aren't the same player.

I can see why people compare the two, but Taylor Mays isn't close to the level of production that Taylor was at.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colt McCOY-Troy Aikman
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Mays = Steve Atwater

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
Colt McCOY-Troy Aikman
I thought that was a bazaar statement till i noticed your handle.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Joe Ganz - Tony Romo, and he'll probably need to sit for fours year like Romo if he is to ever amount to anything.

Tim Hiller - I see a little bit of Peyton Manning and a little Carson Palmer, but I don't think either is a true comparison.

This one's probably been bandied about a bit, but Louis Delmas has the same reckless aggressiveness I see in Bob Sanders.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Everette Brown - A faster Dwight Freeney

Hakim Nicks - Joe Horn
HellonEarth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

I'm not the best at this but what the heck..

Offense

Matt Stafford=Jay Cutler
Sam Bradford=Phillip Rivers
Josh Freeman=McNabb

Beanie= Johnathan Stewart
Moreno= Steve Slaton
Spiller= Felix Jones

Crabtree=Fitz
Maclin=Eddie Royal
DHB=Vincent Jackson

Michael Oher = Walter Jones
Andre Smith = Willie Roaf
Jason Smith = Chris Samuels

Duke Robinson = Derrick Dockery

Alex Mack = Jeff Saturday

Defense

Jenkins = Carlos Rogers (w/ better hands)
Davis = Sheldon Brown

Taylor Mays = Ken Hamiln
Eric Berry = Sean Taylor

Everette = Ware
Hardy = Lamar Woodley

Raji = Shaun Rogers

Curry = Ray Lewis
JL = Chad Greenway
RM = AJ Hawk
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Taylor Mays reminds me of Sean Taylor.

Clay Matthews reminds me of a middle class man's Lawrence Timmons
The only thing similar about Mays and ST is their physical atributes. If you want to see a guy that plays, and even has the same mannerisms of ST, look no further than Eric Berry from Tenn.... Youtube him and tell me what you think...
Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Berry is going be in next year's draft, not this years. And the other posters here are going to rip you a new one for comparing him to Sean Taylor.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I'm not the best at this but what the heck..

Offense

Matt Stafford=Jay Cutler
Sam Bradford=Phillip Rivers
Josh Freeman=McNabb

Beanie= Johnathan Stewart
Moreno= Steve Slaton
Spiller= Felix Jones

Crabtree=Fitz
Maclin=Eddie Royal
DHB=Vincent Jackson

Michael Oher = Walter Jones
Andre Smith = Willie Roaf
Jason Smith = Chris Samuels

Duke Robinson = Derrick Dockery

Alex Mack = Jeff Saturday

Defense

Jenkins = Carlos Rogers (w/ better hands)
Davis = Sheldon Brown

Taylor Mays = Ken Hamiln
Eric Berry = Sean Taylor

Everette = Ware
Hardy = Lamar Woodley

Raji = Shaun Rogers

Curry = Ray Lewis
JL = Chad Greenway
RM = AJ Hawk
The comparisons in bold are awful, IMO.

The only one that I think is almost perfect is Taylor Mays to Ken Hamlin, except obviously a little bit more physically dominating.
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
The comparisons in bold are awful, IMO.

The only one that I think is almost perfect is Taylor Mays to Ken Hamlin, except obviously a little bit more physically dominating.
It's all on your views. I think they are all accurate given their playing styles.