Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 12-09-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
renegade
Rookie

renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.renegade is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
not gonna lie, Westbrook is known for killing the Giants. We somehow stuffed him earlier this season, but he's just an animal who always seems to kill the Giants.
He was hurt the first game. He was hurt most of the season and when he was healthy Andy seemed to abandon the run. But the last two games Marty has been calling the plays so the running game is back. :D

Also I find it funny that a Cowboy's fan has the audacity to say that the Giants are going to collapse. Am I the only one who sees the irony?

I had to do it! :D
[/
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY™ View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you here, I think Jacobs is crucial to the offense, he sets the tempo and the style of the game. In fact people are putting Eli in MVP categories when I wouldn't even say he is the MVP to our own team, Jacobs is. If you watched a game with Jacobs playing and a game with him not, you will notice that the way the Giants play on offense and run the ball is much different.
right on, well put. I'd say our OL is more MVP than Jacobs, but that's how most Giants fans feel and MVP is more one player and all that jazz.

Very nice to see another knowledgeable Giants poster around, I like yourr style.

We were off our game, no doubt about it. Did all the Plax distractions and not having him hurt? they damn sure didn't help. Jacobs being out hurt, and yea, we are wearing down a bit. We still kept it fairly close and our secondary still looked pretty good. I think we'll be ok, I really do.

oh, and one thing NY: who do you like for the Giants in this coming draft?(answer in the draft thread, I want to pick your brain! :D)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea, but westy's never 100% haha. but yes, he was more healthy on Sunday.

Jacobs punishes and tires defenses, that's how it is. His presence alone changes the game. I like Ward, but we need to keep Jacobs and not him if we have a choice. You can find average Rb's who are good at many things but not great at anything to thrive behind our OL. Jacobs is a key cog in our wheel.

We do need a big, tall gamebreaker, ala Kenny Britt.
It showed how healthy he was on Sunday, he really stepped it up.

He does change games, but as said before, in that situation, with the Giants really not seein gthe needed action on offense, his impact would have been lessened. He is one fo the vital weapons of your offense. I wouldn't mind seeing him go somewhere else.

I like Kenny Britt, and now with Plax's future in question, I think he would be a good fit for the G-men. I also think he would be great for the Eagles. What is the news on him scotty, is he going to declare? I think if he does, he has a solid shot at the second or third round.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
It showed how healthy he was on Sunday, he really stepped it up.

He does change games, but as said before, in that situation, with the Giants really not seein gthe needed action on offense, his impact would have been lessened. He is one fo the vital weapons of your offense. I wouldn't mind seeing him go somewhere else.

I like Kenny Britt, and now with Plax's future in question, I think he would be a good fit for the G-men. I also think he would be great for the Eagles. What is the news on him scotty, is he going to declare? I think if he does, he has a solid shot at the second or third round.
he's not really sure, he and his dad have been very good on keeping it mum. If he enters, the Saints pick would be an ideal spot for the Giants to pick him. He's gonna skyrocket with the combine, especially his strength and size and speed. No way he'd slip past the mid-2nd IMO.

but again, damn that Westy is so damn good. A big east rival grad and plays for a team i wish would burn in a car fire, but I can't hate him. I just can't
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
He was hurt the first game. He was hurt most of the season and when he was healthy Andy seemed to abandon the run. But the last two games Marty has been calling the plays so the running game is back. :D

Also I find it funny that a Cowboy's fan has the audacity to say that the Giants are going to collapse. Am I the only one who sees the irony?

[/
That block is one of my favorite blocked FG attempts in the history of the NFL. Just absolute sheer will and great athletecism, combined with good scouting for my favorite team puts that at the top for me.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
he's not really sure, he and his dad have been very good on keeping it mum. If he enters, the Saints pick would be an ideal spot for the Giants to pick him. He's gonna skyrocket with the combine, especially his strength and size and speed. No way he'd slip past the mid-2nd IMO.

but again, damn that Westy is so damn good. A big east rival grad and plays for a team i wish would burn in a car fire, but I can't hate him. I just can't
I honestly felt the same way about Tiki. It was notched out twice a year the Giants would come in and no matter what Tiki would have a great game. He cause fits for the defnese, but he just was a great player and wasn't an A-hole, and despite the fact he is on a division rival I really liked him a lot. He was one of the players that earned his respect.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I don't think the Giants are spiralling downward. They had a subpar performance this past week, though to be honest, the Eagles did a great job gameplanning and executing. We took the Ginats off guard by sticking to the run (took me off guard as well, but in a good way) Our defnese manned up and kep the best rushign attack to less than half of it normal productivity. Sure the Giants were out of synch, but honestly, the Eagles defnese did contribute to that more than some people are giving them credit for. That being said, they will not implode in the final three weeks of the season. Tom Coughlin won't let it happen. They may lose another game, but I expect it to be after they clinch home field. They have a tough finish playing two very good opponents in Dallas and Carolina (don't know who the other one is) but I think they are still a good enough team to beat the Cowboys and Carolina. The Giants could end up with two more losses, I could easily see that if the Panthers put together another performance like they did last night. Honestly though, the Giants, even if they lose two out of three, they are still in good shape for the playoffs.

I would honestly be more concerned if I were a Dallas fan. The history is undeniable, and I know it doesn't directly affect this year's team, but I'm sure there are times when Romo thinks about all the taunting he got from his late season failures. I love Romo, and think he is a great QB, but I don't know if he has the emotional toughness of some NFL QBs. I don't expect dallas to choke it up either though, but thier record in December, combined with Romo's numbers, would worry me if I was a Dallas fan. I think The Giants-Cowboys gmae will be great this week, it will be a close match, but I honeslty expect the Giants to win, albeit by a small margin. If they lose though, I wouldn't expect them to win against the Panthers, which really makes my whole argument a moot point. This game will be a great indicator for both teams.
You kinda made it sound ok if they lose 2 out of 3... that actually turns into losing 3 out of 4 and that's not the kind of momentum you want heading into the playoffs. If they lose 2 out of 3, I'd call that a tailspin.

As for the Cowboys... meh. Someone could make a thread about how they won't make the playoffs. ...and that's not saying much at all... they have to overcome a lot of odds and there's a lot of worry. No doubt about it. That's a fact. On the other hand, everyone thinks everything in Giantsland is ladi-da and nothing is wrong. ...that they're in great shape. I'm saying, they're not.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You kinda made it sound ok if they lose 2 out of 3... that actually turns into losing 3 out of 4 and that's not the kind of momentum you want heading into the playoffs. If they lose 2 out of 3, I'd call that a tailspin.

As for the Cowboys... meh. Someone could make a thread about how they won't make the playoffs. ...and that's not saying much at all... they have to overcome a lot of odds and there's a lot of worry. No doubt about it. That's a fact. On the other hand, everyone thinks everything in Giantsland is ladi-da and nothing is wrong. ...that they're in great shape. I'm saying, they're not.
oh you've obviously never visited bigblueinteractive.com

oh geez! trust me, that's not the mindset right now haha :D
Quote:
Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea, but westy's never 100% haha. but yes, he was more healthy on Sunday.

Jacobs punishes and tires defenses, that's how it is. His presence alone changes the game. I like Ward, but we need to keep Jacobs and not him if we have a choice. You can find average Rb's who are good at many things but not great at anything to thrive behind our OL. Jacobs is a key cog in our wheel.

We do need a big, tall gamebreaker, ala Kenny Britt.
Yeah, I mentioned seeing Jacobs hobble off the field was another bad sign. All these things adding up... I just forsee a tailspin.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

My very last sentence I said if the Giants lose to the Cowboys and the Panthers my whole stement is pretty much moot. I don't think the Giants will lose the the Cowboys, that is just how I see it. The point I was trying to make with my last sentence was if they lose both those games, then thay may be in trouble. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, I mentioned seeing Jacobs hobble off the field was another bad sign. All these things adding up... I just forsee a tailspin.
Just out of curiosity, what are your feelings about the Eagles. Honestly, it is difficult to be 100% beleiving that we will run the table and make the playoffs. I have a horrible feeling that they will lift my hopes this week and next against the Skins, only to play a horrible game and break my heart against the Cowboys, even if the Cowboys are in a December bellyflop.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post

[/
There's no irony in the fact that I'm a Cowboys fan. I might be noticing this more because I'm a rival fan, but that's about it. Maybe I notice things more because I'm a rival fan. But I laid out my thoughts and reasons for my thinking. It's easy for you guys to say it's odd that a Cowboys fan would say this, but it's not really. I'm not bashing the Giants. I'm not saying they suck. I'm just saying I'm not seeing strong signs. How can it be irony? The Cowboys didn't achieve anything. They're not being mentioned as the top team in the entire NFL, like the Giants are. So what? Where's the irony? Nobody is saying the Giants are heading for a collapse except me. ....and this thread only proves it further in the fact that you guys only want to defend the Giants. Nobody sees it coming, but hey... if I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my crow right here.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what are your feelings about the Eagles. Honestly, it is difficult to be 100% beleiving that we will run the table and make the playoffs. I have a horrible feeling that they will lift my hopes this week and next against the Skins, only to play a horrible game and break my heart against the Cowboys, even if the Cowboys are in a December bellyflop.
Honestly, I think the tie may help you GET to the playoffs over the Cowboys.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
right on, well put. I'd say our OL is more MVP than Jacobs, but that's how most Giants fans feel and MVP is more one player and all that jazz.

Very nice to see another knowledgeable Giants poster around, I like yourr style.

We were off our game, no doubt about it. Did all the Plax distractions and not having him hurt? they damn sure didn't help. Jacobs being out hurt, and yea, we are wearing down a bit. We still kept it fairly close and our secondary still looked pretty good. I think we'll be ok, I really do.

oh, and one thing NY: who do you like for the Giants in this coming draft?(answer in the draft thread, I want to pick your brain! :D)
Your OL is VERY solid. They are your foundation for success on offense. Everything revolves around their play. I totally agree. That's the one thing that can save you.

...except... I think you would've had more than 88 yards rushing if Jacobs stayed in the game... So the OL can only do so much.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
oh you've obviously never visited bigblueinteractive.com

oh geez! trust me, that's not the mindset right now haha :D
So they agree with me, but you guys don't? Hmmm...
Old 12-09-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
So they agree with me, but you guys don't? Hmmm...
no no, i wouldn't go that far. They don't think we're in a downward spiral, but after every bad play the sky is falling there haha.

I think no team is truely "perfect". We've lost 2 games, and in each loss we've looked like total ****. Every team messes up and falters once in a while(except that one special team...) and we've had 2. If we look bad the next few games, then there's time to panic.
Quote:
Old 12-09-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There's no irony in the fact that I'm a Cowboys fan. I might be noticing this more because I'm a rival fan, but that's about it. Maybe I notice things more because I'm a rival fan. But I laid out my thoughts and reasons for my thinking. It's easy for you guys to say it's odd that a Cowboys fan would say this, but it's not really. I'm not bashing the Giants. I'm not saying they suck. I'm just saying I'm not seeing strong signs. How can it be irony? The Cowboys didn't achieve anything. They're not being mentioned as the top team in the entire NFL, like the Giants are. So what? Where's the irony? Nobody is saying the Giants are heading for a collapse except me. ....and this thread only proves it further in the fact that you guys only want to defend the Giants. Nobody sees it coming, but hey... if I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my crow right here.
The irony comes from a Cowboys fan, who by now knows the signs of a late season collapse. Not great irony, but still irony nonetheless. I can see your viewpoint easily, it is strongly possible, I admit, I just disagree with you. Like I said before, the game between the Cowboys and Giants will really decide how this wraps up. I would never suck up to a division rival, how dare you suggest such a horrible, horrible idea!?!:D

Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The irony comes from a Cowboys fan, who by now knows the signs of a late season collapse. Not great irony, but still irony nonetheless. I can see your viewpoint easily, it is strongly possible, I admit, I just disagree with you. Like I said before, the game between the Cowboys and Giants will really decide how this wraps up. I would never suck up to a division rival, how dare you suggest such a horrible, horrible idea!?!:D
I don't care if you disagree with me. But if you disagree with my points, or you think my points don't make sense or are irrelevant then I like discussing stuff like that.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Honestly, I think the tie may help you GET to the playoffs over the Cowboys.
It is actually kind of simple for the Eagles to get in. All we need to do is win out (obviously easier said than done) and we need the Falcons to lose one game. It is doable. The tie does help us in that situation. Obviously if the Falcons win out as well, and the Bucs don't collapse, then it hurts us. But he only way we make it in if we lose one game is if we lose to hte Browns this week but beat the skins and the boys. But then the Cowboys will have to lose to the Giants as well, and the Skins will need to lose another game. Also, the Falcons would have to lose at least two games. It is a tough road either way. If we win out, we don't need to much help. I think the Falcons play the Panthers and the Bucs, either one could be a loss for the Falcons. But if we lose, especially to the Redskins or Cowboys, we are done.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't care if you disagree with me. But if you disagree with my points, or you think my points don't make sense or are irrelevant then I like discussing stuff like that.
They are totally legitimate if you ask me. I see both sides of the bridge though, I'm sure you do too, we just have a difference in opinion. Neither is worng right now. If the Giants win, my dise of the bridge looks a little nicer than yours. But if the Cowboys win this weekend obviously, my opinion was wrong and your side of the bridge will be more appealing. Its a dumb analogy but it fits.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Personally i think losing to the eagles was one of the best things that could've happened to us. This team plays so much better when people are questioning and doubting them that I was really worried about all of the good press we were getting. Now with the plax situation and this loss the team has something to rally around again and I'm expect us to bounce back big time against the cowboys, not calling for a blow out because if the cowboys are clicking it'll be a good game but I'm expecting the giants to play very well and for spags to get more focussed on creating pressure again.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
NY™
Rookie

NY™ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Thanks for the compliment, it seems that this forum has many smart posters here, so plan on seeing me posting around some more.

As for who the Giants pick I'll post that in a bit, but the main reason I joined was to learn more about evaluating prospects, even though I don't watch college football as closely as I do NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Personally i think losing to the eagles was one of the best things that could've happened to us. This team plays so much better when people are questioning and doubting them that I was really worried about all of the good press we were getting. Now with the plax situation and this loss the team has something to rally around again and I'm expect us to bounce back big time against the cowboys, not calling for a blow out because if the cowboys are clicking it'll be a good game but I'm expecting the giants to play very well and for spags to get more focussed on creating pressure again.
100% agreed with every sentence you said, lol.
NY™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY™ View Post
Thanks for the compliment, it seems that this forum has many smart posters here, so plan on seeing me posting around some more.

As for who the Giants pick I'll post that in a bit, but the main reason I joined was to learn more about evaluating prospects, even though I don't watch college football as closely as I do NFL.

100% agreed with every sentence you said, lol.
Overall it is a great forum, but just we weary, it too has its... for lack of a better word, jackasses. Mythbusta, aka STARHEATHER, is one of those. If you look around I'm sure u'll notice a few things. Just call him heather for short, its a lot easier.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

dum da dum dum
Old 12-15-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call, D. The Giants have really fell off the last two weeks, and the next two weeks are going to present some problems for them - especially if they don't get some things fixed and productive again.