Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Props to you D-Unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still stinging that letting that Steeler game slip away also let the Division crown slip away, I would be alot happier if that were still within our reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jacobs being out really hurt that game. It isn't an excuse because our o-line sucked royally, but his loss did sting a lot. Here is to hoping we win next Sunday night.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

imo the Giants will lose against Carolina. That will fuel their jets and will win the last game and go for a nice playoff run :)

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Brandon Jacobs being out really hurt that game. It isn't an excuse because our o-line sucked royally, but his loss did sting a lot. Here is to hoping we win next Sunday night.
The amount of injuries stack piled upon one another was a main reason why I thought the Giants could be in trouble. You can only sustain yourself to a certain point. As much as you think Jacobs was a factor, I really think not having Plaxico hurts more. Hixon's true colors are starting to show. I like to call it the Alvin Harper syndrome.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
imo the Giants will lose against Carolina. That will fuel their jets and will win the last game and go for a nice playoff run :)
Beating Carolina will be tough. Carolina looks like the best team in the NFC when Delhomme isn't making idiotic mistakes. They are beatable though.

Question is... who are the Giants? Can they right this ship or is it already too off course?
Old 12-15-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Beating Carolina will be tough. Carolina looks like the best team in the NFC when Delhomme isn't making idiotic mistakes. They are beatable though.

Question is... who are the Giants? Can they right this ship or is it already too off course?
My father (he's the Giants fan, I'm a Jets fan) thinks the Giants woes are all Plaxico's fault.

IMO, Plaxico has hurt the Giants passing game severely and Hixon simply has NOT stepped up to take his place.

But that doesn't explain why the Giants offensive line did their best imitation of one of these.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly believe the same exact thing lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I honestly believe the same exact thing lol
Didn't you also believe you were gonna beat the Cowboys?

Trust me, losing 3 games in December is NOT the way you want to be heading into the playoffs.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't you also believe you were gonna beat the Cowboys?

Trust me, losing 3 games in December is NOT the way you want to be heading into the playoffs.
actually, I wasn't sure. I thought we could, but when Jacobs was out, my hopes and thoughts(expectations really) were severely lowered
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the giants are going to be ok if jacobs is healthy through the playoffs

is burress out for the playoffs as well? im not sure if he was suspended for the whole year
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
NY™
Rookie

NY™ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Hmm I'm not so sure about that, if Jacobs plays and is 100% (that is the key here, if he plays) then the Giants have a much bigger chance of winning. Plus I think people overlook Carolina as a road team, they have three losses this year, all of which came on the road. Also they are coming North, who knows what the cold will do to them.

I think that the offensive line will play better in this game as well, the Dallas front 7, even when they sent 4, was getting constant pressure. I just don't think that Carolina has the personnel to be doing that every down. Plus it would be mind boggling to think that they played 2 bad back to back games as a unit.
NY™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY™ View Post
Hmm I'm not so sure about that, if Jacobs plays and is 100% (that is the key here, if he plays) then the Giants have a much bigger chance of winning. Plus I think people overlook Carolina as a road team, they have three losses this year, all of which came on the road. Also they are coming North, who knows what the cold will do to them.

I think that the offensive line will play better in this game as well, the Dallas front 7, even when they sent 4, was getting constant pressure. I just don't think that Carolina has the personnel to be doing that every down. Plus it would be mind boggling to think that they played 2 bad back to back games as a unit.
To think.... this is a must win for you guys, just to save morale.

I hope you send help Diehl's way. Julius Peppers has had a rejuvinating year... this being his contract year and all, not surprising one bit.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hope you send help Diehl's way. Julius Peppers has had a rejuvinating year... this being his contract year and all, not surprising one bit.
Julius Peppers is a better and more productive DE than Osi Umenyiora in contract years!! :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Doesn't Peppers play on the left side on the defensive line. Against our RT?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Doesn't Peppers play on the left side on the defensive line. Against our RT?
Yes, but do they not move him around? I dunno.. Either way, I expect Peppers to have a good day. Eli can't survive another beating the way he got on Sunday, so I hope for your sakes that the OL shows up.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, but do they not move him around? I dunno.. Either way, I expect Peppers to have a good day. Eli can't survive another beating the way he got on Sunday, so I hope for your sakes that the OL shows up.
The O-Line has one bad game and all of a sudden the sky is falling. Seubert being sick and McKenzie getting hurt had a lot to do with it. We've held a lot of great pass rushing teams in check this year so I expect them to bounce back and have a good game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually (knock on wood) Eli always gets up. He's survived a lot of beatings before, although more when he first became a starter three years ago. Romo is the one more likely to wear his injuries on his sleeve.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Romo is the one more likely to wear his injuries on his sleeve.
And that reason would be?

Quote:
Old 12-16-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And that reason would be?
Eli doesn't cry mid-game perhaps?

Pretty sure when Eli sperated his AC joint last year, he showed no tears. It's not necessarily a bad thing, Romo shows his emotions more, and Eli is known for showing little emotion until the playoffs and 4th quarter...
Quote:
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without Burress their left without a legitimate #1 or 2 reciever. Teams can just stack the box. The line has to play better than before to get the same result. Missing a big target like Burress really hurts in the red zone as well.

Jacobs is great at wearing down defenses. The lightning backs just don't do that.

If the Giants lose at Carolina and Minny beats Atlanta the winner of the Minny/Giants game gets a bye. Going from looking like they could clinch Home Field a couple weeks early to playing on WildCard weekend would be a killer psychologically.

Atleast the D is still playing pretty well.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Pretty sure when Eli sperated his AC joint last year, he showed no tears. It's not necessarily a bad thing, Romo shows his emotions more, and Eli is known for showing little emotion until the playoffs and 4th quarter...
Um, the Eli I see is the biggest cry baby in the league.

...but that might just be his natural facial expression. He's got the most irritating look in the world. I saw all the cry baby emotion I needed to out of him the minute he held up that San Diego Jersey.

...and on the field... uh.. it's never his fault. I hate that about him.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Oh, I must of missed Romo crying tears of pain during the game then.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Oh, I must of missed Romo crying tears of pain during the game then.
you honestly didn't see the clip of him with tears literally running down his cheeks on the sideline? He was crying...
Quote:
Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Um, the Eli I see is the biggest cry baby in the league.

...but that might just be his natural facial expression. He's got the most irritating look in the world. I saw all the cry baby emotion I needed to out of him the minute he held up that San Diego Jersey.

...and on the field... uh.. it's never his fault. I hate that about him.
oh god, the San Diego thing...with nothing else on him, we bring up that incident, come on D, you're better than that...

No, no no. It's never "it's not my fault", it's "aww shucks" or "come on guys"

not even close to the biggest crybaby. He only played through a sepereated AC shoulder joint. come on now D...
Quote: