Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-28-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Indy actually had Tarik Glenn and then went and got Jeff Saturday the next year (but he didn't start a full season till 2000).

So it went:
1997 = Tarik Glenn
1998 = Peyton Manning
1999 = Jeff Saturday (not playing full time till 2000 though)

And their line wasn't horrible anyways (thought certainly not great).

But also, bonus points to Indy for grabbing Marvin Harrison in 1996 and letting him develop before getting Peyton Manning too.

If you guys happened to get your franchise QB, you'd be following a similar situation to the Colts in respect to the fact that you guys got your receiver (Bowe) in 2007, and LT (Alberts) in 2008 and then your QB in 2009 (The colts went receiver (Harrison) in 1996, LT (Glenn) in 1997, and then QB (Manning) in 1998).
The next question is: Is there any QB's worth taking at three? Bradford and then who?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't hate it if we picked up Stafford but like I've said before, please god no not Bradford.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todays game pretty much cemented that Tyler Thigpen is not the answer. The Chiefs needs to come out of the draft with Stafford.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Todays game pretty much cemented that Tyler Thigpen is not the answer. The Chiefs needs to come out of the draft with Stafford.
100% absolutely with no doubt about it disagree. You can't blame the game on a single person and to do so is pretty ridiculous.

He's a young QB. He didn't play well, but who did play well yesterday? Also, who is to say Stafford is even there when we pick? The Lions need a signal caller and could take him #1 overall and if that were to happen, no on Bradford please.

And, imo, our lack of a pass rush lost us a lot of games last year.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

With us picking at 3 and assuming that Strafford and Smith will be gone ahead of us. I guess right now Curry becomes the guy for us as of today. Long way to go but what are you guys thinking right now for the road we head down. I really like Curry, but a top 3 pick on a LB seems a little excessive right now. I don't know if any of the DE's are worth a pick here either.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
With us picking at 3 and assuming that Strafford and Smith will be gone ahead of us. I guess right now Curry becomes the guy for us as of today. Long way to go but what are you guys thinking right now for the road we head down. I really like Curry, but a top 3 pick on a LB seems a little excessive right now. I don't know if any of the DE's are worth a pick here either.
I'm beggining to think if Crabtree is available he needs to be the pick.Crabtree+Bowe = SEXY
Old 12-29-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I hope we trade down and pick up the best possible DE. We cannot win games with a defense this bad and most of it is lack of a pass rush. We absolutely need that terror off the edge if we want to be respected as a defense. It's pathetic to watch people sit in the pocket for 5-10 seconds with absolutely no problem. It HAS to be addressed as soon as possible.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I hope we trade down and pick up the best possible DE. We cannot win games with a defense this bad and most of it is lack of a pass rush. We absolutely need that terror off the edge if we want to be respected as a defense. It's pathetic to watch people sit in the pocket for 5-10 seconds with absolutely no problem. It HAS to be addressed as soon as possible.

While I don't disagree with the pass rush issue, I don't see a fix coming from round 1 of the draft. I think our ability to consistantly make first downs this year and to score TD's in the redzone were as much of a problem as anything. If we could keep our defense off the field more and maybe get a lead a few times in which we force the offense into becoming one dimensional our D would look better. I too would like a stud DE, but I just don't see the guy out there that warrents a Top 3 pick nor do I see any player out there that another team is going to want to trade up to our spot to get. Long way to go in the process though so it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey just seeing if anyone would like to join the new Forum Mock.
Right now nobody only one person has signed up to be the GM of the Chiefs and there is also an expansion team in this forum mock. So go check it out. Signups are scheduled to end Sunday night.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=28445

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading Scott's evaluation of Aaron Curry, I must say I am very intrigued. Scott doesn't hand out elite prospect ratings often, and so that's saying alot about Curry. I'll be looking up video of him.

What about this scenario:

1. Aaron Curry
2. Josh Freeman/Phil Loadholt

I'm not sure what to think about Freeman just yet. He was very erratic at KState, and his decision making never seemed to improve. Loadholt would be a massive (literally) upgrade at right tackle, and I think setting up our bookend tackles would help solidify the offense for a long time.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
After reading Scott's evaluation of Aaron Curry, I must say I am very intrigued. Scott doesn't hand out elite prospect ratings often, and so that's saying alot about Curry. I'll be looking up video of him.

What about this scenario:

1. Aaron Curry
2. Josh Freeman/Phil Loadholt

I'm not sure what to think about Freeman just yet. He was very erratic at KState, and his decision making never seemed to improve. Loadholt would be a massive (literally) upgrade at right tackle, and I think setting up our bookend tackles would help solidify the offense for a long time.
I like Loadholt as an RT prospect, but this class is full of them someone like Alex Boone, Fenukiu, Gerald Cadogan etc could be RTs that can be had in the 3-5th rounds.

I like Curry alot and right now I would love to draft Curry then the best DE available; someone like Selvie, Hardy, someone of that nature.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

I just can't see Freeman ever devoloping into an NFL QB. It may be masked because of the lack of talent at K-State, but in the games I seen him in he was so erratic that I don't think any receivers would have made the plays. It will be interesting to see what happens to him during the draft, but I would rather not have it be us taking the chance.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideal Mock Version A and B
Trade Tony G for a late 2nd
and LJ for a 3rd

1. Aaron Curry
2. Greg Hardy
2b. Phil Loadholt
3. Juquin Iglesias
3b. Ryan Stancheck

getting a starting LB, DE, and RT some picks for depth maybe a possible starting G would be very sweet!

Option B!
1. Matt Stafford
2. George Selvie/Greg Hardy
2. Gerald McGrath(would be awesome Cover 2 MLB)
then the same

but i love Stafford lol
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of drafting curry. my only problem is what will we do with DJ? I did really enjoy watching Orakpo vs. Ohio State. There were times when he completley outmatched their tackles.
BTW BoE, Congrats on your 10,000 post. That's an impressive feat(not to mention most of what you say is actually well thought out and articulate)
Old 01-09-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

The thing with Curry is that he has the range and athleticism to be impactful at any LB postion. I wouldn't mind seeing either him or DJ in the middle.

Also the more I think about it the more I don't want to trade Tony G. I think he will be a valauble asset for the QB next year no matter who that QB is. I would liek to get rid of LJ no matter what though!

It is so hard for me to project what I think the Chiefs will do draft wise without h knowing the GM situation and that GM's history etc. Anyone else think the same?

Thanks!
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 01-09-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I AGREE BOE!

Get rid of LJ, keep Tony, draft DE/LB to help fix that defense and get a gd new defense coordinator and we won't look so awful!

Old 01-10-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My take on things:

Trade LJ for whatever we can get
Go after Peppers or Gross...whoever Carolina does not sign
Go after Vilma if he makes it to FA (doubtful)
Go after Antonio Bryant
If we can't get Gross, go after Vernon Carey

Draft:

We're in a bit of a crunch IMO. If Stafford is there, we have to take him. He is a once in the lifetime talent. Now, Stafford, in all likelihood will not be there. I'd rather see us address RT in FA or later in the draft because it is shaping up to be a good OL class.

One of the Junior WR's could be an option, preferably Crabtree, but I don't think it's a huge need with Bradley, Bowe, and potentially Byrant.

Beanie Wells could be an option with LJ, but I don't think he's worth the #3 pick considering RB's are easy to find.

I don't think a LB is worth the #3 pick either, so that rules out Curry.

That leaves DE. Everette Brown, Brian Orakpo, and Greg Hardy should be there. Orakpo is my favorite at the moment, but I really don't see the value there at #3.

Ideally, we should trade down, but the depth of this class really hurts that cause. A team could fall in love with a Crabtree or Andre Smith, but there is some much depth at those positions that it will be tough to get equal value for the #3 pick.

So, I'm advocating we trade up to #1 and draft Stafford. With some FA acquisitions and Stafford, we could be a good team next year, and I'm not a big believer in Bradford.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

my mock draft :
trade larry johnson for a 3 rd pick ( doens't want to play here, get him the hell out )

1. brian orakpo - tambi hall needs a guy to rush the passer. there was nobody doing it on the d-line this year.
2. brian cushing - if kc passes on curry, cushing should help start right away @ olb.
3. javon ringer - not the biggest back but give jammal charles some reps along w/ ringer. help fans forget lj.
3. eric wood - the o-line is one of the weakest in the league. it's time to find young blood to develop.
4. louis murphy - he will be here in the 4th due to not great wr's coming from florida. he will be solid not great but solid.
5. vance walker - more help on the d-line please.
6. cullen harper - something tells me croyle, huard and whoever has a last name doens't end w/ thigpen will be gone.
7. rich orhnberg - again, more youth on the o-line.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
The thing with Curry is that he has the range and athleticism to be impactful at any LB postion. I wouldn't mind seeing either him or DJ in the middle.

Also the more I think about it the more I don't want to trade Tony G. I think he will be a valauble asset for the QB next year no matter who that QB is. I would liek to get rid of LJ no matter what though!

It is so hard for me to project what I think the Chiefs will do draft wise without h knowing the GM situation and that GM's history etc. Anyone else think the same?

Thanks!
I think we have to keep DJ at WLB, and it would be a waste of talent if he was moved inside. I really like Curry on the strongside, so that would just leave MLB. I really want to sign Vilma if we can pull him away from New Orleans. If not try to get Crowder, but I doubt Miami lets him walk.

I think we have to keep TG. We need to just do what the pats did with Branch, and say a 1st is all we'll take. It probably wont happen, but someone might jump. No one thought the pats would get a 1st for Branch. I agree LJ has to go.

Stafford is not a once in a lifetime prospect, and we do not have to take him if he's there. He probably wont be though.

I want to say that with Orakpo, Brown, Hardy, Maybin, and Johnson. There will be a DE there in the 2nd, but there's no guarantee. Curry is starting to grow on me, and with Hardy and Maybin entering the draft I think we should take him at 3. In the 2nd take whatever DE is available.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep Gonzo....

End of post.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

King Carl never would have traded up to the first pick but if Pioli/new HC loves Stafford I could see that happening.

Problem is, we have too many holes to give up too much to go up two spots and we'd likely have to give up a decent amount.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
I think we have to keep DJ at WLB, and it would be a waste of talent if he was moved inside. I really like Curry on the strongside, so that would just leave MLB. I really want to sign Vilma if we can pull him away from New Orleans. If not try to get Crowder, but I doubt Miami lets him walk.

I think we have to keep TG. We need to just do what the pats did with Branch, and say a 1st is all we'll take. It probably wont happen, but someone might jump. No one thought the pats would get a 1st for Branch. I agree LJ has to go.

Stafford is not a once in a lifetime prospect, and we do not have to take him if he's there. He probably wont be though.

I want to say that with Orakpo, Brown, Hardy, Maybin, and Johnson. There will be a DE there in the 2nd, but there's no guarantee. Curry is starting to grow on me, and with Hardy and Maybin entering the draft I think we should take him at 3. In the 2nd take whatever DE is available.
The more I watch and read about Curry the more I like him. I believe their will be a very good DE available round 2 as well.
Quote:
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Jim Rome just said:

"Hey Tyler? Meet Sam Bradford. Sam, Tyler."

lol, please no!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have nothing to back this up then other just a gut feeling but I think Pioli will take Curry.I can see him likening Curry to Jerod Mayo last year
Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
The more I watch and read about Curry the more I like him. I believe their will be a very good DE available round 2 as well.
Yea but guys' your forgetting about Offensive Line, Quarterback, etc. I know our offense was really good for spurts last season, but it seemed to be that the spread kinda lost effectiveness in the second half of games. That kinda showed me that the spread can't be truly effective in the NFL(although I couldn't watch all the games this season).

I think we could move DJ back to SLB and Curry to the weak side. Curry is a better prospect than DJ, and DJ is ridiculously inconsistent to man such an important part of the defense. But Curry seems to be a "leader" that we need for our defense, and he's apparently a really good blitzing LB too. I really think we could get Alex Mack with our second pick, which he fits that MO too. Big, Physical, Strong, Leader. Another great added dimension to our offensive line. I'd love to say we could get another second or third out of LJ....with Pioli you never know(I guess). For free agency, we could get Tauscher. Our line would look pretty damn daunting with a lineup of "Albert, Watters, Mack, Nuiswanger and Taucsher" I'd like to pick up Terrell Suggs in free agency too, but I don't think we could play every down as a 4-3 defensive end. But, being a former patriot, Pioli would love to have that versatility...
Finally, for QB, I'd love to a project like Nate Davis or Rhett Bomar. Sanchez just seems like too much of a risk too me. He could be the next Carson Palmer, but he only played 16 games in the College Ranks, he's got some off the field issues. he's like a a bug zapper, you know it's going to kill you, but it's hard not to go into the light. I agree with Hook em' that Stafford will be already taken by the Lions so there needs to be no discussion on him either. But I don't really know what the big fuss about him is IMO.