Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been watching some Youtube on Curry and he looks real good.

I think, if judging the Patriots as Pioli's handiwork, that the Chiefs will probably be looking to move down at least once, maybe even more times in an effort to A) Acquire more picks (because the Chiefs need a ton of players), and B) To get into a good value position to get the guy they really want. We've seen New England do that many times. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Chiefs trade down 2 or 3 times, end up picking in the mid to late teens, and adding an additional first round pick next year.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I've been watching some Youtube on Curry and he looks real good.

I think, if judging the Patriots as Pioli's handiwork, that the Chiefs will probably be looking to move down at least once, maybe even more times in an effort to A) Acquire more picks (because the Chiefs need a ton of players), and B) To get into a good value position to get the guy they really want. We've seen New England do that many times. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Chiefs trade down 2 or 3 times, end up picking in the mid to late teens, and adding an additional first round pick next year.
I know he will try and given that there are potential "franchise" QB's at the top of this draft some team might bite, but it's going to be hard to do given teams don't want to move into the top 5 ususally. I wouldnt' be suprised if we didn't do a lot of moving in the later rounds starting in the 2nd as we need to build assets as quickly as possible.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys like Brian Orakpo at 3? Pioli likes DL early in the draft (Ty Warren, Richard Seymour) and they were key pieces is launching and sustaining the Patriots franchise. Orakpo already has the production, and apparently he is supposed to be a workout warrior. I see his combine numbers and position (DE) vaulting him into the top 5.

Personally, I like the idea of getting a stud DE next to Glenn Dorsey so they can get pressure off of each other.

Its between him and Aaron Curry right now. I am hesitant of having a LB picked in the top 5 still.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally LOVE Orakpo and would not be upset at taking him with the 3rd overall pick. He is a beast.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Curry, Orakpo or even Stafford at 3. One of those picks I'm 100% fine with. Curry and Orakpo instantly upgrade our defense and Stafford might be that "franchise" QB people claim we need.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I personally LOVE Orakpo and would not be upset at taking him with the 3rd overall pick. He is a beast.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Curry, Orakpo or even Stafford at 3. One of those picks I'm 100% fine with. Curry and Orakpo instantly upgrade our defense and Stafford might be that "franchise" QB people claim we need.
Yeah. Franchise QB would be the way to go, but he is going number 1overall :( sorry.

I think Orakpo would be a great pick for the Chiefs. Man. With the core they would be building, it's only a few pieces away from being consistently good.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown>Orakpo, JMO

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the same Schofizzle.

Brown is such a natural pash rusher in the 4-3 set, but both will be solid.

I am getting a scary feeling KC picks Sanchez but I don't know.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I feel the same Schofizzle.

Brown is such a natural pash rusher in the 4-3 set, but both will be solid.

I am getting a scary feeling KC picks Sanchez but I don't know.
Noooooooo!

At least we have an improving offensive line and some weapons for him to work with if that's the case.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about some pre draft trading here.

I wouldn;t mind picking up a few mroe picks this year while sacrficing the loss of some vets/players that may not fit.

Some ideas include:
Tony G for a 2nd (maybe, I dont want to trade him now though)
Bernard Pollard for a mid round pick. I like him alot but I think Morgan and Page would be an epic duo.
Alphonso Boone, Pat Thomas, Damion Sackintosh, Herb Taylor, Jeff Webb, Larry Johnson.

I think to trade some of these guys and get some more mid round picks would be helpful and soemthing Pioli may want to do.

Also trading down to accumulate some picks.

That pick KC has in the early early 2nd could be used to pick up a 3rd and future 2nd. Someone in ther late 2nd trading up throwing KC a third.

Alot of possiblities and I think everythng is unclear and unkown.

Just some thoughts.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
What about some pre draft trading here.

I wouldn;t mind picking up a few mroe picks this year while sacrficing the loss of some vets/players that may not fit.

Some ideas include:
Tony G for a 2nd (maybe, I dont want to trade him now though)
Bernard Pollard for a mid round pick. I like him alot but I think Morgan and Page would be an epic duo.
Alphonso Boone, Pat Thomas, Damion Sackintosh, Herb Taylor, Jeff Webb, Larry Johnson.

I think to trade some of these guys and get some more mid round picks would be helpful and soemthing Pioli may want to do.

Also trading down to accumulate some picks.

That pick KC has in the early early 2nd could be used to pick up a 3rd and future 2nd. Someone in ther late 2nd trading up throwing KC a third.

Alot of possiblities and I think everythng is unclear and unkown.

Just some thoughts.
I'd like to acquire some more picks, but for the right price. I doubt we trade more than a couple players though. I say we hold Tony G. for a Late 1st or early 2nd and hold our ground, and If noone bites then we keep him. obviously trade LJ for whatever. I honestly just want him gone.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah I'd give up LJ for a 3rd or 4th right now. Question is, how good does Beanie Wells look at #3 (or trading down) if LJ is gone?

It'd shake up the way we draft, I think. Do you think Charles and Smith can carry the load? I'm not so sure.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Yeah I'd give up LJ for a 3rd or 4th right now. Question is, how good does Beanie Wells look at #3 (or trading down) if LJ is gone?

It'd shake up the way we draft, I think. Do you think Charles and Smith can carry the load? I'm not so sure.
I think Smith, Savage and Charles can carry the load, just need the right line in front of them
Old 01-29-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm beginning to sour on Orakpo.I just am starting to get a Vernon Gholston vibe with him
Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'm beginning to sour on Orakpo.I just am starting to get a Vernon Gholston vibe with him
I think Vernon would be a beast in the 4-3 though
Old 01-30-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe some people think we are still going to get Cower or MS wake up people not going to happen!!!

Rant over.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I can't believe some people think we are still going to get Cower or MS wake up people not going to happen!!!

Rant over.

You mean the same people who think we are going to get a decent draft choice for LJ?
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post

Rant over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
You mean the same people who think we are going to get a decent draft choice for LJ?
One in the same.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think we could get a 3rd/4th for LJ.

As far as the coaching goes, I DO NOT WANT HALEY. You might all think he's some offensive genius, but I don't like the attitude and especially don't like hiring an offensive coordinator for HC when our defense was the WORST IN THE NFL.

The defense is where we should be concentrating. I don't buy Todd Haley as an NFL coach.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we could get a 3rd/4th for LJ.

As far as the coaching goes, I DO NOT WANT HALEY. You might all think he's some offensive genius, but I don't like the attitude and especially don't like hiring an offensive coordinator for HC when our defense was the WORST IN THE NFL.

The defense is where we should be concentrating. I don't buy Todd Haley as an NFL coach.
Then who should we go after? I don't know any other canidates out there....realistic ones though..Maybe that guy from the Dolphins? Remember, Herm Edwards was a defensive minded head coach and look at where that got us, 6-26.
I got kinda sour on haley when he starting chewing out Anquan Boldin. It just seemed lilke he said stuff that was unneccessary. That's like someone saying "keep walking you panty wearing woman" after the converation is over....It might not have been that big of a deal but if that's the way he treats his guys......I don't think I could respect a guy like that...do you? Also, he's viewed as a Good coordinator probably because he has two of the best WR's in the league...just an observation.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Then who should we go after? I don't know any other canidates out there....realistic ones though..Maybe that guy from the Dolphins? Remember, Herm Edwards was a defensive minded head coach and look at where that got us, 6-26.
I got kinda sour on haley when he starting chewing out Anquan Boldin. It just seemed lilke he said stuff that was unneccessary. That's like someone saying "keep walking you panty wearing woman" after the converation is over....It might not have been that big of a deal but if that's the way he treats his guys......I don't think I could respect a guy like that...do you? Also, he's viewed as a Good coordinator probably because he has two of the best WR's in the league...just an observation.
Boldin is to blame for that.I respect a coach that won't take any crap from any player
Old 01-31-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Boldin is to blame for that.I respect a coach that won't take any crap from any player
There is a major difference (in my eyes) from not taking crap from a player and what he did. Plus, there are rumors that this happens with MANY players, ie he is a control freak in every aspect of coaching.

There is disciplined and then there is control freak. Two very different things.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My gut tells me Cowher will be the next coach

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
My gut tells me Cowher will be the next coach
We can only hope.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We can only hope.
Yea, I doubt it. If he's our guy, why isn't he our coach yet? There shouldn't be anything holding him back. Unless it's Shannon Sharpe's mouth
Old 02-01-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There is a major difference (in my eyes) from not taking crap from a player and what he did. Plus, there are rumors that this happens with MANY players, ie he is a control freak in every aspect of coaching.

There is disciplined and then there is control freak. Two very different things.
he looked at Boldin and said "don't call me that" seriously even Warner and Whisenhunt said he's ready for a HC job