Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-01-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Yea, I doubt it. If he's our guy, why isn't he our coach yet? There shouldn't be anything holding him back. Unless it's Shannon Sharpe's mouth
The NFL frowns upon announcing a HC hire during the week of the Super Bowl...I'd say it will either be Cowher or Gruden IMO

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love Cowher, I personally think Gruden is kind of a D-bag. And he's never really developed a qb. Which seems to be a recurring problem for us.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chan Gailey interviewing for the U Pitt OC position.

I am sold that Curry should be the pick at 3 btw :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 02-09-2009 at 11:36 AM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not really the thread for this but here goes this is got to be the best site to talk football with other Chiefs fans.

I post on a few other boards and so many Chiefs fans live in the "Madden World" with the trades/fa things they come up with and its frustrating to even talk to them some times.

Any one else run in to this?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:00 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only post on this site for that reason Splat. I have attempted to post on WarPaint and Wild Bills but alot of homers and Madden type folks on those sites. Some knowledge posters, but I like this site because of the dynamics it provides. From NFL talk to draft to to HS prospect talk. It brings it all together. The Chiefs fans here aren't as annoying well minus a few of you lol.

Curry, Ayers, Urbik 1-3 pelase
k thanxbye

:)
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I annoying boe?!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Am I annoying boe?!
UMmmmmm I plead the 5th :D :D
Quote:
Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

if draft were today;
1. aaron curry - olb
2. alex mack - c
3. paul kruger - de
4. louis murphy - wr
5. roger allen - g
6. jamer chaney - ilb
7. jason boltous - qb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the news of trading for Cassel and Vrabel, who do you guys think will be the pick at #3? Curry or Crabtree would be great options. I would prefer to trade down and nab Everette Brown.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-28-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet it's Crabtree. We'll get Cassel, draft Crabtree, not have another pick until the 3rd round and not address our OL issues. Cassel will struggle without blocking and we'll be a bottom 5 team again next year.

I really hope I'm wrong. :)

Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I bet it's Crabtree. We'll get Cassel, draft Crabtree, not have another pick until the 3rd round and not address our OL issues. Cassel will struggle without blocking and we'll be a bottom 5 team again next year.

I really hope I'm wrong. :)
I trust Pioli on this one

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It isn't even the fact that I dislike Cassel, I think he can be a solid QB, but my problem is that I don't think he has anywhere near the upside that Stafford or even Sanchez have, and I'm not really a Sanchez fan.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's silly. You know Matt Cassel can win in the NFL. He's got all the measurables, prepares himself better than 90% of the QBs in the NFL, has a great demeanor, is young, and has proven he can do it...

If you can get a QB you know you can win with, he's far better than anyone you draft, especially this year with completely sketchy guys like Stafford and Sanchez heading the group.

Curry is the only guy that really fits the profile of someone Pioli would draft at #3, so he'll be the pick if he's there.
________
condominiums sale Pattaya

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:00 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
John Preston
Rookie

John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It isn't even the fact that I dislike Cassel, I think he can be a solid QB, but my problem is that I don't think he has anywhere near the upside that Stafford or even Sanchez have, and I'm not really a Sanchez fan.

This is precisely the issue. Solid QBs don't win Super Bowls very often. Franchise QBs rule the day.
John Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Preston View Post
This is precisely the issue. Solid QBs don't win Super Bowls very often. Franchise QBs rule the day.
Yep. I don't see franchise QB when I look at Cassel. I see a very solid to good QB for many years, but I don't see the QB that takes you over the top, I just don't.

And at this point I'm praying that someone wants to move up to #3 so we can trade back and acquire more picks.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Pioli will want to spend the 1st round pick on his future defensive leader now that he's got his QB.

With the addition of Vrabel, it's should hopefully be clear to everyone now that we are switching to the 3-4. Curry is the defensive player that is mentioned most often as a potential top 5 pick, but he would most likely be an ILB in a 3-4, and I just can't see him using the #3 pick on that position. Who knows though, maybe he thinks Curry is versatile enough to play inside or outside, and that may be attractive to him.

Outside of Curry, I think Raji and Everette Brown have to be on his list, even though some may feel they are big reaches with the #3 pick. Both would fill huge needs in the 3-4 for us, as Raji would be our Vince Wilfork and Brown could be a beastly edge rusher, something that we really don't have.

Ideally, I think Pioli would like to trade down, recoup the 2nd round pick, and then add a player like Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think Dorsey or Tank can play NT well. I think Tank is better suited, but it all depends on wether or not they think Dorsey can play 3-4 DE.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Thorny
Rookie

Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep. I don't see franchise QB when I look at Cassel. I see a very solid to good QB for many years, but I don't see the QB that takes you over the top, I just don't.

And at this point I'm praying that someone wants to move up to #3 so we can trade back and acquire more picks.
You say this even though not to long ago you were all about keeping thigpen and drafting curry or orakpo. IMO Cassel is more likely to become a franchise QB than Thigpen. Besides the chiefs still have the #3 pick and they got Vrabel and Cassel for just a second round pick. I really do have a feeling this move will pay off.

Sig By BoneKrusher
Thorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
You say this even though not to long ago you were all about keeping thigpen and drafting curry or orakpo. IMO Cassel is more likely to become a franchise QB than Thigpen. Besides the chiefs still have the #3 pick and they got Vrabel and Cassel for just a second round pick. I really do have a feeling this move will pay off.
And if you were to ask me right now I'd still rather keep Thigpen and draft Curry. The thing you're missing is that we have so many holes right now that picks are valuable. If it's possible to trade back a bit and get decent value, why not do it?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are to young at WR we need to get some one that has been there done that and I don't nessacerly mean some big name star like Anquan Boldin either.

I think some one like Laveranues Coles would be a great pick up I know he is going to be 32 next season but there are a hand full of WR's that are 30 or over still getting it done in the NFL.

The guy still has a few years left in him and he shouldn't break the bank he had 70 catches for 850 yards and 7 TD's last year I really think he could help our young group of WR's get to the next level.

Thoughts?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I think we are to young at WR we need to get some one that has been there done that and I don't nessacerly mean some big name star like Anquan Boldin either.

I think some one like Laveranues Coles would be a great pick up I know he is going to be 32 next season but there are a hand full of WR's that are 30 or over still getting it done in the NFL.

The guy still has a few years left in him and he shouldn't break the bank he had 70 catches for 850 yards and 7 TD's last year I really think he could help our young group of WR's get to the next level.

Thoughts?
I like your logic, however, i think of all the things that KC needs, WR is probably a bit more solid than say the Offensive Line(Coles would be an upgrade over bradley IMO). The free agent I'd like to see(albeit old) is Matt Birk. He's a pro-bowl center, could anchor our line for 4-5 more years.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) A. Curry lb wake forest
versatile prospect that can play slb if you stay in the 4-3 or ilb if you go 3-4...great in coverage on blitzes and tremednous in run support...has the production and measuarables of a top 5 pick and will require attention from blockers which will help free up the monster glen dorsey.

3) P. Kruger d.e./olb utah
after getting curry in the first round the chiefs look to shore up their terrible pass rush with kruger here...i think they will stay in the 4-3 with curry playing s.l.b. and kruger could play d.e. or if they switch to the 3-4 curry could play ilb with kruger playing olb.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Kruger in the 3-4... Cody Brown or Sidbury maybe...
________
Colorado Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:05 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't like Kruger in the 3-4... Cody Brown or Sidbury maybe...
it's not clear if your going 3-4 is it?
brown would perhaps make a better 3-4 olb but kruger would make a better 4-3 d.e....as of now i say they stay in the 4-3...if its guaranteed they go to the 3-4 i might take brown
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
it's not clear if your going 3-4 is it?
brown would perhaps make a better 3-4 olb but kruger would make a better 4-3 d.e....as of now i say they stay in the 4-3...if its guaranteed they go to the 3-4 i might take brown
i would say they are goign to transition to a 3-4. I do like Kruger to learn from Vrable. he may not have the best hip movements for it but he is a freak of a pass rusher.
Quote: