Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a team was to sign Jared Page to an offer sheet and we didn't match we would get a second round pick my question to you all is what would you do match the offer or take the second?

I really don't think a team will sign him just some thing to think about and wanted your guys thoughts on the matter?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

It's possible if they think Morgan is ready to start. I really wouldn't want to give him up though. It would be interesting, but like you said I can't imagine a team going after him for that price tag.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan is going to be a beast, remember he only played one yer in college at S. I don't know if he is ready yet.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Page. I'd prefer Pollard went if I had to pick one. I think Page is the more polished of the two. I could easily see the future of that position being Morgan/Page for us.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The chances of getting a safety as good as Page out of this draft are slim-to-none. The Chiefs need to keep all three of Pollard, Page, and Morgan. Morgan does a very good job as the Nickel corner, and you're just not going to replace Pollard's run support and special teams. All 3 are young playmakers with unique roles they can fill.

The Chiefs' secondary is the one thing I'd do everything to avoid screwing around with. If Herm Edwards only has one skill of note, it's developing defensive backs...
________
MEDICAL KUSH DISPENSERIES

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:06 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Page, while an above-average to good player, isn't a guy I would think should warrant a big money contract, and if they can get a 2nd I would go for it. I think that Page and Pollard are essentially the same player, and I don't think either one can play the deep 3rd. I haven't seen enough of Morgan to know whether he is a deep cover safety or not, but, he looks like he is smaller then Page and Pollard, so he could be a FS.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Page is a big free safety. Dude is a freak.
________
E-Cigs

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=143&p=9&c...=3661431&fhn=1

The Kansas City Chiefs are expected to have a private workout for Florida St. DE/OLB Everette Brown soon, Scout.com has confirmed.

Brown, widely believed to be the best pass rusher available for this year's NFL draft, left Florida St. as a Junior and posted 13.5 sacks to go along with 21.5 tackles for losses in his final season at the school.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm starting to lean towards Orakpo being the pick, but the stigma of Texas players may hurt him.
________
ROLL A JOINT

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=143&p=9&c...=3661431&fhn=1

The Kansas City Chiefs are expected to have a private workout for Florida St. DE/OLB Everette Brown soon, Scout.com has confirmed.

Brown, widely believed to be the best pass rusher available for this year's NFL draft, left Florida St. as a Junior and posted 13.5 sacks to go along with 21.5 tackles for losses in his final season at the school.
That's pretty neat. Is his stock rising anywhere near the 3rd pick? I'm generally skeptical of guys who rise after the season ends, but he might be a guy the Chiefs target should they trade back, and would probably be another sign that they are moving to a 3-4 in the coming years.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
That's pretty neat. Is his stock rising anywhere near the 3rd pick? I'm generally skeptical of guys who rise after the season ends, but he might be a guy the Chiefs target should they trade back, and would probably be another sign that they are moving to a 3-4 in the coming years.
If the rumors about Detroit taking Smith with the #1 pick were true, and the Rams take Monroe that gives us a ton of leverage. I could definitely see us trading back with maybe Jacksonville or San Fran for the right price. I would love to see Brown or Orakpo in a KC jersey.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't think the Chiefs will take Brown at #3 but I still feel they want to trade down and he could be the pick if they can.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it since the start and I'll say it now: I'll be pretty pissed if we're sitting there at #3 and Stafford is available. I'd prefer his upside to Cassel. If he's there at #3 I think it's possible we could have made a mistake.

That being said, IF Stafford is there at #3 then we could probably find a few teams interested in moving up, especially since Seattle at #4 seems like they'll give him a long look. Could maybe pick up the second we gave up and then some.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chiefs Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters asked the organization Thursday to release or trade him this offseason
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1057650.html

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
That is super old news.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I've said it since the start and I'll say it now: I'll be pretty pissed if we're sitting there at #3 and Stafford is available. I'd prefer his upside to Cassel. If he's there at #3 I think it's possible we could have made a mistake.

That being said, IF Stafford is there at #3 then we could probably find a few teams interested in moving up, especially since Seattle at #4 seems like they'll give him a long look. Could maybe pick up the second we gave up and then some.
He also had like a 38 wonderlic score too. Combine that with a big pro day and your got yourself a pretty well hyped guy! Pioli's got some balls banking his career on a Cassel(IMO). I'd love to trade down with Jacksonville for their first, second and like Tony Pashos. We'd get our second back, take Everrete Brown(who's growing on me moreand more) for our first. The guy has versatility how DE/OLB
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a group mock, I ended up running the Chiefs and came up with the following

3. Aaron Curry, LB Wake Forest
91. Derrick Williams, WR Penn State
98. Matt Shaughnessy, DE Wisconsin
102. Cornelius Lewis, OG/OT Tennessee State
125. Jason Watkins, OT Florida
162. Tony Fiametta, FB Syracuse
195. Demonte Bolden, DT/DE Tennessee

Did this trade:

- the Chiefs receive selections #91, #102, and #125 overall from the Giants and the Giants received #67 and #131

I think I did alright as far as needs/values but I'm not entirely sure
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
3. Aaron Curry, LB Wake Forest
91. Derrick Williams, WR Penn State
98. Matt Shaughnessy, DE Wisconsin
102. Cornelius Lewis, OG/OT Tennessee State
125. Jason Watkins, OT Florida
162. Tony Fiametta, FB Syracuse
195. Demonte Bolden, DT/DE Tennessee
In terms of just "needs" you did a good job other then FB we all ready have a pretty good FB in Mike Cox I don't look for the Chiefs to draft another.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
In terms of just "needs" you did a good job other then FB we all ready have a pretty good FB in Mike Cox I don't look for the Chiefs to draft another.
Duly noted. I chose Fiametta because he seems like the type of FB the Patriots would love and as a result, Pioli would love. A do it all type who can run, block, catch out of the backfield, and does all the little things.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think addressing OG/OT/C with pick 91 is more important than WR. We have a decent group of receivers right now (Bowe, Bradley, Franklin and the newly added Engram).. but we could use a C, RG or RT for our line.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got your RG right here!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...y/1105757.html

I agree though, I think we're set at WR this year.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs schedule visits with LB prospect Curry
Old 03-29-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Aaon Curry is the best player in this years draft, IMO...add him to the Chiefs defense with Derrick Johnson. We need some ball hawks, and good tacklers.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post

They wanted Cassel because he's a guy they don't have to worry about. He's one of the best-prepared QBs in the NFL, and he obviously has the physical tools you want and is still young. If you take care of the other aspects of the team, you're a legitimate Super Bowl contender with Cassel.

With Stafford, they're getting the great unknown, and to say he has more potential than Cassel is kind of silly... What's more potential? I don't think they'd win more games with Stafford. Not this year, not next year, not 3 or 4 years from now... Plus, it takes a ton more work from the offensive coaching staff to install a new offense and bring along a young QB who HAS to be the guy. Stafford isn't going to be able to handle himself, he's going to need a lot of help. Cassel is a football and preparation machine.

And if Stafford is there at #3, the Chiefs will be looking amazingly well because of all the teams that will want in on that pick to get ahead of Seattle for either Stafford or Curry (or one of the OTs).
________
Extreme q vaporizer settings

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The Chiefs need two or three pass rushers first and foremost. The Goff signing bought them some time to work on their OL, and Vrabel's versatility lends some flexibility for how they address their linebacking corps.

Cody Brown and Victor Butler are great options for them as players who could play 4-3 rush backers at 67. I love Henry Melton, Stryker Sulak, and Philip Hunt as options for guys who would rotate at DE in Pendergast's system, but could transition to LB. So if they could land two of these guys and one of the first round OLB/DE prospects (or Tyson Jackson), they'd be looking really well-off. Not going to predict any trades, but...

3. Brian Orakpo
67. Cody Brown
98. Philip Hunt

Seems like a very strong draft to me. Throw in some potential 3-4 DL's like Khalif Mitchell and Zach Potter later, and you've got a very nice draft.

This draft is loaded with pass rushers and the Chiefs need to take advantage of it since Pendergast's offense requires a lot of them and because it was the Chiefs' big defensive downfall in 2008.
________
Live sex

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:18 AM.