Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-31-2015, 10:58 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Ravens Mock Draft. Love It.

Hey guys, here's my final Ravens mock until the draft. Let me know what you think. I put some time in not only evaluating which potential players 'play like a Raven' but I also used a mix of best player available and biggest team need.

1) RB, Melvin Gordon.

- I was torn between Gordon and Gurley, but at the end of the day, a RBs shelf life is limited and with Gurleys knee injury, I just don't feel safe drafted a RB that high with such a big question mark. Gordon, somehow, is still vastly underrated. He's an incredible athlete and just an overall natural, well balanced RB. Signing Justin Forsett is great news for next season, but what about after that? Forsett would be a great teacher to Gordon, and he'd come to a team where he wouldn't be asked to do too much as a rookie. Gordon would learn and develop and 2-3 years from now be our starting RB.

2) WR, Breshad Perriman.

-After Perriman lit up his pro day, I'm not sure he'll make it this far. Regardless, WR is a huge need in round 2. Talent wise, I love his game. He's got prototypical size/speed/jumping ability. His only downfalls are his sloppy routes and inconsistent hands, but I think he'd fit right in with our recieving core.

3) OLB, Eli Harold.

- OLB might not seem like a huge need to some fans, but at the end of the day, T-Suggs and Dumervil are getting up there in age. As dominant as they are, they need a younger more athletic player to groom into being a stud passrusher. Harold is one of my favorite defenders in this class. Schematically, he's versatile. He's also very young, and just a naturally gifted athlete. I love his motor and his attitude on the field. This is a guy who would play special teams and be a situational guy as a rookie, but he would learn a lot and his future is very bright.

4) TE, Clive Walford.

- Not sure that Walford will slip this far, but if he's available in the 4th round you've got to take him. Arguably the best TE in this class, Walford isn't a stellar athlete, but he's an overall solid TE in every facet of his game. He's physical in the run game but can also be deceptive in the passing game. TE is the biggest need on the Ravens, and I think Walford would start as a rookie.

4) OL, Daryl Williams.

- Williams is a big, versatile player that can play inside at guard or maintain a RT position. He's a tough 330 pound mauler with exceptional work ethic. I think he'd compete with Wagner on the outside, but most scouts agree his future in the NFL is as a guard.

4) CB, Eric Rowe.

- Rowe absolutely destroyed the combine, so he may not be available in the 4th round. Athletically sound, Rowe also possesses terrfic size for a CB. He's not only an athlete however, he has great instincts and overall solid physicality with receivers. He reminds me a lot of Jimmy Smith.

5) WR, Stefon Diggs.

- Diggs is local guy who has been linked to Baltimore since the start of the draft process. He runs great routes, but his best trait is as a returner (where I think he could start as a rookie) His only knocks are his consistency and his potential of being injury prone - other than that Diggs is an explosive WR whos best football has yet to come.

5) DL, Leterrius Walton.

- Walton is a huge nose tackle - a space eater. Which is exactly what the team needs after Ngata left town. Walton is a disciplined defender with good hands. However, he plays too tall and is somewhat 1 dimensional. I do like his game though and the potential to learn and grow.

5) TE, Nick Boyle.

- This pick may be bias, since my last name is also Boyle - and c'mon, how sweet would that be? There's never been a Boyle in the NFL - so Nick's making us proud! Seriously though, Nick Boyle is a big, solid, imposing TE. He's seen mostly as a blocker but he has soft hands and can make some things happen with the ball in his hands. He's surprisingly agile for a big man. I love his game, and paired up with Clive Walford the 2 would make a good duo for years to come.

6) QB, Shane Carden.

- The last pick for the Ravens fits a big need, backup QB. Shane Carden isn't an elite prospect by any means but his game is solid. He's a smart, experienced leader. While he doesn't have a cannon and isn't the most athletic guy, he's got the intangibles a lot of other guys simply don't have.